Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

What's your travelling plan this summer?

Go down 
+4
Daniel
GDG
DannyBoy
James
8 posters
AuthorMessage
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

What's your travelling plan this summer? Empty
PostSubject: What's your travelling plan this summer?   What's your travelling plan this summer? EmptySat Jun 16 2007, 14:03

My sister (whom Sean, Ezza and Daniel have met at Skitz) finished her university degree this year and we will probably go for a family trip. Still trying to figure out where to go though.

Hokkaido is an option, but is bloody expensive during the summer. Any recommendation?

And what's your travel plans?
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: What's your travelling plan this summer?   What's your travelling plan this summer? EmptySat Jun 16 2007, 14:17

My brother is coming to visit at the beginning of July and we'll go to Japan for 6 days or so. Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara and not sure where else.

Other than that I cant really afford to travel or take time off work. Although I'd like to go back to London to see friends and family.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: What's your travelling plan this summer?   What's your travelling plan this summer? EmptySat Jun 16 2007, 21:47

Until this week we were going to Europe for a month, but we changed our plans at the last minute and are now going to Bali for a fortnight and I'll probably have a third week off with the kids here in HK.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: What's your travelling plan this summer?   What's your travelling plan this summer? EmptySat Jun 16 2007, 22:05

James wrote:
My sister (whom Sean, Ezza and Daniel have met at Skitz) finished her university degree this year and we will probably go for a family trip. Still trying to figure out where to go though.

Hokkaido is an option, but is bloody expensive during the summer. Any recommendation?

And what's your travel plans?

Depends James. If is a beach holiday or a week away then I'd head south to Thailand, Bali etc. If it was more than that then could I recommend Europe? If she hasn't been then that would be my suggestion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What's your travelling plan this summer?   What's your travelling plan this summer? EmptySun Jun 17 2007, 11:46

Off to NZ for a couple of weeks and then back home to Brisbane for a while. Won't be in HK for the first few weeks of the season so hopefully where we watch the games will be a sorted issue Very Happy
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: What's your travelling plan this summer?   What's your travelling plan this summer? EmptySun Jun 17 2007, 17:50

Koh Samui for me and the kin. Probably gonna go in the first 2 weeks of September. Anyone been to Samui at that time? Whats the weather like then? Am a bit worried that it'll be too wet....

:bmj: (wanted to be the first person to use that. No one beat me too it did they?)
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: What's your travelling plan this summer?   What's your travelling plan this summer? EmptySun Jun 17 2007, 18:02

I think you'll find that Damiel and me used it, but this would be the first timeout of the BMJ emoticon thread.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: What's your travelling plan this summer?   What's your travelling plan this summer? EmptyMon Jun 18 2007, 12:13

ozspur wrote:
Off to NZ for a couple of weeks and then back home to Brisbane for a while. Won't be in HK for the first few weeks of the season so hopefully where we watch the games will be a sorted issue Very Happy

You're from Brisbane? I went to Brisbane for my firm's retreat in early April this year. My fiancee joined me afterwards and we stayed at Brisbane for 2 nights, then went to Cairns and Goldcoast.

Lovely holidays! sunny
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What's your travelling plan this summer?   What's your travelling plan this summer? EmptyMon Jun 18 2007, 18:06

[quote="You're from Brisbane? I went to Brisbane for my firm's retreat in early April this year. My fiancee joined me afterwards and we stayed at Brisbane for 2 nights, then went to Cairns and Goldcoast.

Lovely holidays! sunny[/quote]

From Lewisham, sarf east London originally, but moved to Brissie in 1991. Lovely place to live, but still feel more of a Londoner than anything else.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: What's your travelling plan this summer?   What's your travelling plan this summer? EmptyWed Jun 20 2007, 23:09

James - My wife and I returned from a 5 day trip to Siem Reap. Angkor Wat was superb. We managed to get a special package at Le Meridien so chilled out at the pool. Great weather. Only down side was losing my mobile !

Twiglet - I've been to Koh Samui 3 times - twice in Oct and once in Nov. Sept is rainy season but that usually means you get a serious heavy downpour ( 9 times out of 10 in the late afternoon ) and to be honest, its often welcome since it helps to cool the temp. It's rainy season in Siem Reap but we had superb weather during the day time.

Also rainy season = low season = less crowds.

Go for it !
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: What's your travelling plan this summer?   What's your travelling plan this summer? EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 07:26

spur'don wrote:

Twiglet - I've been to Koh Samui 3 times - twice in Oct and once in Nov. Sept is rainy season but that usually means you get a serious heavy downpour ( 9 times out of 10 in the late afternoon ) and to be honest, its often welcome since it helps to cool the temp. It's rainy season in Siem Reap but we had superb weather during the day time.

Also rainy season = low season = less crowds.

Go for it !

That seems the general consensus of opinion - thanks for the advice!
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: What's your travelling plan this summer?   What's your travelling plan this summer? EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 10:56

Susan and I have been invited to a wedding in Houston, Texas in early September. I think we're gonna make a two week holiday out of it. I want to see Memphis (Gracelands, Sun Studios) and New Orleans. Anyone ever been to these parts? Any recommendations for hotels or restaurants? Most importantly, bars where I can catch to footie?

Ta
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: What's your travelling plan this summer?   What's your travelling plan this summer? EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 11:19

ezza wrote:
Susan and I have been invited to a wedding in Houston, Texas in early September. I think we're gonna make a two week holiday out of it. I want to see Memphis (Gracelands, Sun Studios) and New Orleans. Anyone ever been to these parts? Any recommendations for hotels or restaurants? Most importantly, bars where I can catch to footie?

Ta

Ezza, you don't want to miss the Scum match on 15 Sept do you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your travelling plan this summer?   What's your travelling plan this summer? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's your travelling plan this summer?
Page 1 of 1