Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

TERRIBLE ...

Go down 
+4
Tottingham
Daniel
ozspur
Hairy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

TERRIBLE ... Empty
PostSubject: TERRIBLE ...   TERRIBLE ... EmptyTue Oct 09 2007, 11:43

JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THAT MAP.... Rolling Eyes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7033498.stm
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

TERRIBLE ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERRIBLE ...   TERRIBLE ... EmptyTue Oct 09 2007, 12:11

Judging by the temps in HK over the past few days, global warming is well and truly a fact of life. Can't remember it ever being this hot in October.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

TERRIBLE ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERRIBLE ...   TERRIBLE ... EmptyTue Oct 09 2007, 15:22

we are all going to die
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-06-07

TERRIBLE ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERRIBLE ...   TERRIBLE ... EmptyTue Oct 09 2007, 16:18

ozspur wrote:
Judging by the temps in HK over the past few days, global warming is well and truly a fact of life. Can't remember it ever being this hot in October.

Try last October 2006- Mean Daily Maximum Air Temperature 29.0 degrees C 1.1 degrees above normal (October 2006 was unseasonably warm. Both the monthly mean temperature of 26.4 degrees and the mean daily minimum temperature of 24.7 degrees equaled the records set in 1983.)

and the one before Oct 2005 - Mean Daily Maximum Air Temperature 28.3 degrees C 0.4 degree above normal (The monthly mean temperature of 26.2 degrees was 1.0 degree higher than the normal and ranked the third highest for October.)

Last time below normal was 2004, just!

Tis normally the last couple of weeks in the month when you get the drop in temperature, at least the humidity dropped today and is forecast to remain a little cooler/drier over the next week.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

TERRIBLE ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERRIBLE ...   TERRIBLE ... EmptyTue Oct 09 2007, 16:31

The bloody pollution in this city is terrible at times, e.g. yesterday. I have an office overlooking the harbour (being the important lawyer that I am...) and I cdn't see Kowloon yday.

I shd ask my firm for danger money living here with all the damage it is doing to my lungs, let alone the damage to my heart by celebrating a non-existent 3rd goal against Liverpool on Sunday...
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

TERRIBLE ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERRIBLE ...   TERRIBLE ... EmptyTue Oct 09 2007, 18:21

Janek wrote:
The bloody pollution in this city is terrible at times, e.g. yesterday. I have an office overlooking the harbour (being the important lawyer that I am...) and I cdn't see Kowloon yday.

I shd ask my firm for danger money living here with all the damage it is doing to my lungs, let alone the damage to my heart by celebrating a non-existent 3rd goal against Liverpool on Sunday...

Ah, so how come my office faces the bloody ICAC (Independent Commission against Corruption)? Sad

Ok, I also get the view of the Bank of China Building, but I want a harbour view room!
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

TERRIBLE ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERRIBLE ...   TERRIBLE ... EmptyTue Oct 09 2007, 18:32

You should try looking out over Kwun Tong.......what a zhit hole!

Btw Janek, I completely forgot about the "third goal" on Saturday that never was. I can't believe so many of us fell for it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

TERRIBLE ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERRIBLE ...   TERRIBLE ... EmptyTue Oct 09 2007, 19:42

ezza wrote:
You should try looking out over Kwun Tong.......what a zhit hole!

Btw Janek, I completely forgot about the "third goal" on Saturday that never was. I can't believe so many of us fell for it. Very Happy

I blame NOW or whoever was filming the match. They just missed the build-up to the 2nd goal (Robbo to Berbs and the header) so they re-showed it with the usual camera angle with normal speed. As Ozspur said, that was another surreal Delaney's moment. Of course, the first being the Washboard...
Back to top Go down
bad_baz
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
bad_baz

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2007-07-18

TERRIBLE ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERRIBLE ...   TERRIBLE ... EmptyWed Oct 10 2007, 00:51

Daniel wrote:
we are all going to die

Yes Dan, we are all going to die. Get used to it..........
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

TERRIBLE ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERRIBLE ...   TERRIBLE ... EmptyWed Oct 10 2007, 11:14

That's the first time that's ever happened with their third goal and I wd imagine it will be the last. As I was celebrating, thinking that we must win the match now, I was thinking how bizarre it was that we cd score two identical goals. It never crossed my mind it was a replay, I just thopught we'd done it again. It took a good 5 seconds to realise my mistake!
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

TERRIBLE ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERRIBLE ...   TERRIBLE ... EmptyWed Oct 10 2007, 20:14

Janek wrote:
That's the first time that's ever happened with their third goal and I wd imagine it will be the last. As I was celebrating, thinking that we must win the match now, I was thinking how bizarre it was that we cd score two identical goals. It never crossed my mind it was a replay, I just thopught we'd done it again. It took a good 5 seconds to realise my mistake!

Equally strange was how there was a delay in our celebrations when we scored the second. Normally we hit the roof the second the ball looks like going in, but this time there a distince delay in our celebrations. Must be something in the beer at Delaney's.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

TERRIBLE ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERRIBLE ...   TERRIBLE ... EmptyWed Oct 10 2007, 20:18

Tottingham wrote:
ozspur wrote:

Try last October 2006- Mean Daily Maximum Air Temperature 29.0 degrees C 1.1 degrees above normal (October 2006 was unseasonably warm. Both the monthly mean temperature of 26.4 degrees and the mean daily minimum temperature of 24.7 degrees equaled the records set in 1983.)

and the one before Oct 2005 - Mean Daily Maximum Air Temperature 28.3 degrees C 0.4 degree above normal (The monthly mean temperature of 26.2 degrees was 1.0 degree higher than the normal and ranked the third highest for October.)

Last time below normal was 2004, just!

Tis normally the last couple of weeks in the month when you get the drop in temperature, at least the humidity dropped today and is forecast to remain a little cooler/drier over the next week.

STATTO STATTO STATTO STATTO STATTO STATTO STATTO STATTO Very Happy

I work out in San Po Kong overlooking the wastelands of the old Kai Tek Airport. Bloody arse-end of HK and to make things worse........ no aircon in the classroom! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TERRIBLE ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERRIBLE ...   TERRIBLE ... Empty

Back to top Go down

TERRIBLE ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Wellcome Stamps Section :: Off Topic-
Jump to: