Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Mark Hughes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Mark Hughes Empty
PostSubject: Mark Hughes   Mark Hughes EmptyThu Oct 25 2007, 20:09

For those who want Sparky in - how did Blackburn do in this year's UEFA cup?

I agree Jol has to go, but will Mark Hughes be any better? Will he take us to the so-called next level? I have horror memories of when Gerry Francis took over - the start of the rot. Great with a small club - a disaster with us. Hughes I reckon would be the same. Levy has fucked up big time by undermining everything and I can't imagine who will take over at the moment. And as for Ramos - Sevilla are struggling in their domestic league as well, so would he have been able to get Spurs to the next level? If, and it's a big if, we can win the next three league games, things might start to look up. If we lose to Blackeye Rovers, we're doomed.

Someone posted on another forum that we're only two points worse off than we were last season against the teams we have played so far. The big difference is that then we played with a bit more passion, now the whole team is playing like dead men walking. What a state of affairs.

I can understand Jol's indifference to it all. I would be the same. In fact, the way things are at my place of work, that's exactly how I feel. Anyway, a win on Sunday might lift the feeling of gloom afflicting us all.

COME ON YOU SPURRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Mark Hughes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark Hughes   Mark Hughes EmptyThu Oct 25 2007, 21:50

I just posted in another thread that I believe BMJ may be cultivating his indifference in order to force the board's hand and collect his pay off - I hope I'm wrong but I can't find any other rationale for some of his strange decisions and idiotic comments post-matches.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Mark Hughes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark Hughes   Mark Hughes EmptyThu Oct 25 2007, 22:14

GDG wrote:
I just posted in another thread that I believe BMJ may be cultivating his indifference in order to force the board's hand and collect his pay off - I hope I'm wrong but I can't find any other rationale for some of his strange decisions and idiotic comments post-matches.

I think you are absolutely right. I would probably end up doing the same. Can't blame the guy at all.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315

Mark Hughes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark Hughes   Mark Hughes EmptyThu Oct 25 2007, 22:23

Completley agree on the indifference thing.

Hughes may or may not be the answer, but right now a change is clearly needed, however we got to where we are.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Mark Hughes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark Hughes   Mark Hughes EmptyFri Oct 26 2007, 06:56

We've got the change - let's see if Ramos can turn things around
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

Mark Hughes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark Hughes   Mark Hughes EmptyFri Oct 26 2007, 09:42

GDG wrote:
Well that was a timely comment, wasn't it? Onward and upward.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Mark Hughes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark Hughes   Mark Hughes EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 09:42

ozspur wrote:

I agree Jol has to go, but will Mark Hughes be any better?

could he be any worse? I think yesterday proved that a team made up of journeymen beat us on our own ground. Ramos is here now but watch Blackburn fly. He may have a shit Uefa record but at least he will be playing Uefa football again next year as he will every year he is manager there before heading off to manage Manchester United. This may be our Wooden Zidane moment of 2007
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

Mark Hughes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark Hughes   Mark Hughes EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 12:04

Is it just me or does anybody else think that think that Ramos is a dead ringer for Hughes (minus a suntan)?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Mark Hughes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark Hughes   Mark Hughes EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 13:50

Looks like a Spanish Mark Hughes or is it that Hughes is a Welsh Ramos? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com