Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho

Go down 
+6
Daniel
thfc1882
spurs4ever
GDG
ozspur
Number 10
10 posters

What's your opinion of Mr Huddlestone?
He's underrated, an unsung hero and gonna be instrumental in Ramos' new Spurs
Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho Vote_lcap4%Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
He can pass a bit, but isn't good/mobile enough for a top prem midfielder
Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho Vote_lcap35%Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho Vote_rcap
 35% [ 8 ]
Rubbish. Sell 'im
Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho Vote_lcap13%Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Just a young lad. Give him time to improve his game and shed the calories
Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho Vote_lcap48%Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho Vote_rcap
 48% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho Empty
PostSubject: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 21:36

Vote now on Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Hoddlestone" "Reynolds" Huddlestone...
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptySat Nov 03 2007, 10:01

Not a lot of backing for Mr Reynolds from the community, it seems.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptySat Nov 03 2007, 11:37

Strange how we have more than 100 people on this list and yet so few people bother voting in polls. Clearly HK is not ready yet for universal suffrage Mad
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptySat Nov 03 2007, 14:34

Oh well, we'll just have to rule by decree king

I hereby decree Hudd was rubbish against Blackburn!
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptySat Nov 03 2007, 14:36

Well I chose the last option and hope he proves me right. But I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
spurs4ever
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptySun Nov 04 2007, 03:48

Chose the last option too. Perhaps Ramos, unlike previous managers, can make a man out of the boy
Back to top Go down
thfc1882
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
thfc1882

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptyTue Nov 06 2007, 21:07

THudd was playing in the Spurs reserves last night. He scored a goal but Spurs were beaten by Aston Villa.

I doubt whether he is in the long-term plan of Ramos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spurs.hk
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 13:55

The boy deserves better than to be chucked in the reserves. I think El Ramong has given up on the soccer genius. Our loss is somebody elses gain. Shame on Ramos. Shame on Poyet. Shame on the other one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
thfc1882
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
thfc1882

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 14:32

spurs4ever wrote:
Perhaps Ramos, unlike previous managers, can make a man out of the boy

A bit unfair to our previous managers:

Hoddle made King, Davies
Jol made Lennon, Dawson, Huddlestone and may be Carrick.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 16:37

thfc1882 wrote:
spurs4ever wrote:

Hoddle made King, Davies

If Jol 'made' Huddlestone it further supports those of us who wanted him out.

Huddlestone isn't even up to the standard of Darren Fletcher or Steve Sidwell. He is an adequate squad player for a lowly premiership club. The fact he is with Spurs might have something to do with why our currently position fits that description.
Back to top Go down
thfc1882
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
thfc1882

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 21:42

spur'don wrote:
thfc1882 wrote:
spurs4ever wrote:

Hoddle made King, Davies

If Jol 'made' Huddlestone it further supports those of us who wanted him out.

Huddlestone isn't even up to the standard of Darren Fletcher or Steve Sidwell. He is an adequate squad player for a lowly premiership club. The fact he is with Spurs might have something to do with why our currently position fits that description.

Thudd is in our squad for 1+ year and he did not play all our games. You need more time to develop a player, right?

With Jol went, all have to re-start again and that is ridiculous!

How many so-called "transitional periods" do we have in our past 15 years? No
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 21:50

As many as it takes until someone finally gets it right.

Jol wasn't doing so.
Back to top Go down
thfc1882
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
thfc1882

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 21:56

spur'don wrote:
As many as it takes until someone finally gets it right.

That's why we remain mediocre in the past 2 decades. See how Everton sticks with Moyes when they were doomed out the CL and UEFA Cups. I still reckon patience is the key to success. Jol has shown improvement, but the Board is impatient.

Enough is enough, and Jol is history. Hope that the Board sticks with Ramos in time of difficulty.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 23:11

far too short sighted to dissmiss him now - this time last year he was gonna be the future of Spurs, England and the entire world - I voted the last one
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptyThu Nov 08 2007, 09:21

Hung, I think you misunderstand me...I was refering to Jol and only Jol not any of our other esteemed managers. BUT seeing as you brought it up I would love to know how you think King was made under Hoddle? I remember Graham playing him and he looked great then. Davies? Was he ever made?

Apart from Carrick I cannot see who was made under Jol. If Lennon is made then it wasn't a very good build as he soon fell apart although Ramos seems to have improved him in the last couple of games.

Twiglet is bang on the money...this time last year people compare Hudd to Hoddle. Now they want to sell him to Derby. If that isn't madness I don't know what is. Our loss....
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptyThu Nov 08 2007, 09:32

Don't ever include me in that list. I've NEVER compared Huddlestone to Hoddle. Such a comparison is utter madness.

By the way I'm in a bad mood today !
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptyThu Nov 08 2007, 09:36

woah Tiger...Not saying you directly but many were
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptyThu Nov 08 2007, 09:39

Daniel wrote:
woah Tiger...Not saying you directly but many were

Deep breathes..........

:sms:
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptyThu Nov 08 2007, 11:32

Interesting you mention how Lennon's performance has visibly improved in the last two matches. Perhaps Ramos' memory of Lennon as a player 12 months ago, has helped boost his confidence and speed up his recovery.... On the other, it could be that Lennon just needed to build his match fitness with a few games under his belt to get back his rythem after his surgery ...

Anyways, good to see him coming back to a resemblence of his former better days. If Bale and King start playing in the 1st XI again soon... we'll be affraid (frightening) again !

... think this is what Jol alluded too in his au revoir. Given a bit more time, with a fully fit squad, results would have turned around.

Can't wait to see Ledders pull on the white shirt again for us. drunken
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptyThu Nov 08 2007, 16:49

Guardian:

"There is a sense, though, that Ramos is beginning to make his mark on the club; he is understood to have told the midfielder Tom Huddlestone that he needs to lose weight if he is to regain his place in the side."
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho EmptyThu Nov 08 2007, 20:13

He is understood... Yet another piece of lazy journalism, easy tosay and no need to justify it to anyone. I fucking hate lazy journalists.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho   Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho Empty

Back to top Go down

Poll - Thomas "The Hudd" "Thud" "Ho
Page 1 of 1