Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Football Focus

Go down 
+3
spur'don
twiglet
ozspur
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Football Focus Empty
PostSubject: Football Focus   Football Focus EmptyWed Oct 31 2007, 19:02

Did anyone watch it last night? A long segment on Spurs. Have to say Shebby Singh is an embarrassment. Claims to be a Spurs fan but knows jack all. Felt like punching him by the end. Last night's panel was the worst ever.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Football Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Focus   Football Focus EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 04:49

ozspur wrote:
Did anyone watch it last night? A long segment on Spurs. Have to say Shebby Singh is an embarrassment. Claims to be a Spurs fan but knows jack all. Felt like punching him by the end. Last night's panel was the worst ever.

What was it he said that causes you to rant so?

I watched it and was gald to hear something other than Liverpool this and Liverpool that.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Football Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Focus   Football Focus EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 09:59

Nice to see them talking about Spurs.

Shebby was annoying. I thought he was getting better but he knows nothing about the club he claims to support.

He said Jol's downfall was predicting Spurs would secure a top four spot. Erm, not exactly Shebby. He was forced into saying Spurs are aiming for top four after Levy made it a criteria for staying in the job.

I thought McMahon got it right when he said after finishing 5th the current squad has reached its full potential and requires rebuilding to move on to next level.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Football Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Focus   Football Focus EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 10:09

I don't watch but suffice to say that whatever football genius Paul Maysfield says I agree with. The man is a legend both on the pitch and now as one of the worlds most brilliant expert on any football related matter.

Last edited by on Thu Nov 01 2007, 11:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Football Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Focus   Football Focus EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 11:25

It's basically cos he knows nothing about how the club, he claims to support, functions. He also said that Jol had to go for bringing in Bent. Singh doesn't seem to know about Comolli and the whole set up at WHL regarding transfers and who does what. He's no Yid - just a glory seeker back in the 80s who somehow now has the tag of being a Spurs fan. I imagine he's never been to Tottenham and I wouldn't be surprised to find him watching the gooner scum instead of us. Can't stand the guy. Rant over ha ha
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

Football Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Focus   Football Focus EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 15:06

OK - agreed with his faux pas comments about the Bent transfer and how we should be finishing top 4 but I like the guy. I think your tag of being a 'glory seeker from the 80s' would apply to 90% of Tottenham fans across Asia - thats not a bad thing is it? Didn't we have a converation about Spurs fans in Asia being 'real' fans and not the type who slap on the shirt of whoever won the league / cup last year? Thats gotta be a good thing in my book.
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

Football Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Focus   Football Focus EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 15:21

Daniel wrote:
I don't watch but suffice to say that whatever football genius Paul Maysfield says I agree with. The man is a legend both on the pitch and now as one of the worlds most brilliant expert on any football related matter.

Please bear in mind that Paul Maysfield is a self confessed Spurs hater. He told me so last year when I was talking to him in the White Stag. He didn't give any reason why, but also doesn't support any particular team himself even though he's from the Birmingham area.

Aside from his comments on Spurs though, he generally seems to be the most knowledgable bloke on that panel.

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Football Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Focus   Football Focus EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 16:44

Masefield is a monotone moron. "fair play to him", "at the end of the day", "cool as you like"... will someone just buy him a thesaurus!

At least Shebby provides some relief from the endless droning of McMahon and Masefield and their big-4 fixations. Plus he has captained his national side (mine as it happens) so to write him off as a know-nothing glory hunter (esp. when Spurs in the eyes of many Asians have had zero glory to crow about ever) is a bit unfair.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Football Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Focus   Football Focus EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 21:10

Enter The Pitbull wrote:

At least Shebby provides some relief from the endless droning of McMahon and Masefield and their big-4 fixations. Plus he has captained his national side (mine as it happens) so to write him off as a know-nothing glory hunter (esp. when Spurs in the eyes of many Asians have had zero glory to crow about ever) is a bit unfair.

I agree he's a relief to people like McMahon - surely the dourest pundit of all time. I lived in Malaysia from 1980 to 1984 and Spurs were definitely one of the most popular teams there at that time. There was no live football, barring the FA Cup and the three European trophies we had in those days, so Spurs obviously figured quite prominently. I imagine that's when Shebby became a Spurs fan and fair enough. However, it seems that he has lost touch with the club these days and that's what riles me as he is always asked to comment on the situation at Tottenham yet is clearly out of touch. A true fan and professional panelist would not have made the comments he made. It just made him look a fool who hadn't done any 'homework' on the subject.
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Football Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Focus   Football Focus EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 22:45

True, ultimately there is no excuse for being poorly informed and ill-prepared.

Then again you should try listening to the Chinese-language "experts" on Cable TV and Now Broadband! Some of the stuff they come up with is scarcely credible!
Back to top Go down
IanG
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
IanG

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Football Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Focus   Football Focus EmptyFri Nov 02 2007, 07:39

This is a sad day when all we have to comment on is a bunch of numbnuts who don't even know the names unless its on a piece of paper in front of them.
BUNCH OF HAM SHANKERS THE LOT OF THEM!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Football Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Focus   Football Focus Empty

Back to top Go down

Football Focus
Page 1 of 1