Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

My Opinion....

Go down 
+4
Hairy
GDG
hongkongyid
Daniel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

My Opinion.... Empty
PostSubject: My Opinion....   My Opinion.... EmptyMon Nov 05 2007, 19:23

my poorly written opinion is here

http://spursinhongkong.com/sihk-opinion/levy-fiddles-while-tottenham-burns/

a bit long for the forum but I just wanted to get it all off my chest. Shoot me down as you wish but opinions are like arseholes...or like a Levy if you think about it

Last edited by on Tue Nov 06 2007, 21:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-06-06

My Opinion.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinion....   My Opinion.... EmptyMon Nov 05 2007, 20:59

Rubbish

ps. I haven't read it, will get to it at some stage mate!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

My Opinion.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinion....   My Opinion.... EmptyMon Nov 05 2007, 23:14

I've added my contrary opinion to the front page.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

My Opinion.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinion....   My Opinion.... EmptyTue Nov 06 2007, 09:03

Welcome back Dan...

Sounds like you're having a panic attack though mate... tranquillo my son, tranquillo... Sleep

For reasons so eloquently elaborated on by GDG earlier, I believe we are only a run of 3-4 victories away to regaining our stride and pushing on up the league, like toros on heat.

I still reckon (even more so now that Ramos has finally been installed, that we'll go on and do what Liverpool has done for the past 2 seasons, i.e., an awfully embarrasing start, doing well in Cup runs though and ending up a very respectable 3rd place for 2 consecutive seasons. Our squad, when on form, is not far off theirs, will the exception of Gerard of of course !

Spurs for top 6 again this season.

study
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

My Opinion.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinion....   My Opinion.... EmptyTue Nov 06 2007, 13:47

I hope you are right. Like I said all that I wrote was me just getting it off my chest. I appreciate the views of those that gave the feedback and long may the site be a place where we can have an honest debate about Spurs rather than banal flag waving and mindless cheering.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

My Opinion.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinion....   My Opinion.... EmptyTue Nov 06 2007, 14:39

Daniel wrote:
long may the site be a place where we can have an honest debate about Spurs rather than banal flag waving and mindless cheering.

Indeed.
Or the opposite of vitriolic abuse....hang on...? Suspect
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

My Opinion.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinion....   My Opinion.... EmptyTue Nov 06 2007, 18:01

Spot on Daniel. I like your style.

I believe our next 4 league games will be a watershed and will define the rest of our season (frankly we're in such Barney Rubble at the moment, cups are a distraction and should not be the focus). No less than 3 wins out of 4 are needed - Wigan(H), Worst Spam (A), B'ham (H), Citeh(H) - if we don't get at least 9 points then we're starring down a barrel and I'd fancy us to go down. The next two after that are Pompey and Filth (both Away), so we're history there. Then the only comfort is Foolham and Reading (both home) and hopefully another 6 points.

That will give us 23pts by end of the year. Enough? I'm not sure. Cos guess what? We've then got Villa, Chavski and Everton away (nil puntos, senior) and a home banker(?) versus the Maccum Monkeys. That will take us to 26pts by start of Feb and it's brown trousers time.

Feb will see only 3 pts gained from ManUre, Chavski and Derby. 29pts. Are you zhitting yourself yet? No? Then in store in March we have B'ham (A), Spammers (H), Citeh(A), Pompey (H) and Barcodes (H). What do you reckon, max. 6 pts? That will take us to 35 points and April......

April - only 6 games left and we need 7 points to take us to 42pts and hopefully safety. So who we gonna get those 7 points against? Blackburn (A) - no way. Middlesbro (H) - 3 point banker. Thats 38 points and sweating like a bastard now. Wigan(A) and Bolton (H) - surely 4 points? And we've done it - 42pts! Reading Away and Liverpool at home won't matter. Or will it?

Not much room for error here. But I tell you what, just writing all this lot and I need a stiff drink.

It's gonna go down to the wire. Catch up football if we don't win 3 of our next 4 matches.

All IMHO.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

My Opinion.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinion....   My Opinion.... EmptyTue Nov 06 2007, 18:28

ezza wrote:

I believe our next 4 league games will be a watershed and will define the rest of our season (frankly we're in such Barney Rubble at the moment, cups are a distraction and should not be the focus). No less than 3 wins out of 4 are needed - Wigan(H), Worst Spam (A), B'ham (H), Citeh(H) - if we don't get at least 9 points then we're starring down a barrel and I'd fancy us to go down. The next two after that are Pompey and Filth (both Away), so we're history there. Then the only comfort is Foolham and Reading (both home) and hopefully another 6 points.

That will give us 23pts by end of the year. Enough? I'm not sure. Cos guess what? We've then got Villa, Chavski and Everton away (nil puntos, senior) and a home banker(?) versus the Maccum Monkeys. That will take us to 26pts by start of Feb and it's brown trousers time.

Feb will see only 3 pts gained from ManUre, Chavski and Derby. 29pts. Are you zhitting yourself yet? No? Then in store in March we have B'ham (A), Spammers (H), Citeh(A), Pompey (H) and Barcodes (H). What do you reckon, max. 6 pts? That will take us to 35 points and April......

April - only 6 games left and we need 7 points to take us to 42pts and hopefully safety. So who we gonna get those 7 points against? Blackburn (A) - no way. Middlesbro (H) - 3 point banker. Thats 38 points and sweating like a bastard now. Wigan(A) and Bolton (H) - surely 4 points? And we've done it - 42pts! Reading Away and Liverpool at home won't matter. Or will it?

Not much room for error here. But I tell you what, just writing all this lot and I need a stiff drink.

It's gonna go down to the wire. Catch up football if we don't win 3 of our next 4 matches.

All IMHO.

Well..at least it'll be exciting.

Come and watch SiHKFC Ezza (if you have retired playing that is) we're getting quite good now and we've won more than one so far this season...
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

My Opinion.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinion....   My Opinion.... EmptyTue Nov 06 2007, 18:59

Ezza not long ago I posted about the Big R, but at least a decisive change has been made and we need to have optimism in that at least. If we get those 9 points outta 12 now that you mention, we certainly can be looking at mid-table anonymity or sneaking into the top half easily enough. As I angrily said at the last game (yelling at the commentator who can't yell back, in my usual style! Very Happy ), us vs Boro was not a relegation clash. The rematch at WHL might be but that's a long way off and if Ramos has anything like the impact Jol had taking over from Santini at a similar time of the season, we shouldnt be worrying about relegation.

I completely agree with you though that it rests rather heavily on us taking max points from these next few fixtures before it gets trickier again.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

My Opinion.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinion....   My Opinion.... EmptyTue Nov 06 2007, 21:20

If your predictions are that accurate, ezza, you should be a pools millionaire by now. There will doubtless be a few mad results this season and, as I said in my front page post, we could and should have taken points of all three of the BIG 4 teams that we've played thus far, despite being a "shockingly awful" team. I fancy us to upset at least one of the big 'uns this season and I predict we'll finish in 11th or 12th.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

My Opinion.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinion....   My Opinion.... EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 00:36

I dunno. I tend to agree with Ezza although it's too early to judge what sort of impact Ramos will have in the short term.

Sunday is massive. We have to beat the likes of Wigan at home.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

My Opinion.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinion....   My Opinion.... EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 12:04

spur'don wrote:
I dunno. I tend to agree with Ezza although it's too early to judge what sort of impact Ramos will have in the short term.

Sunday is massive. We have to beat the likes of Wigan at home.

Have faith that we WILL my son...

although these 'plastics' will no doubt try to park the bus in front of goal. I reckon a 2 - Nil win to Spurs, with Daws and Kaboul scoring with headers from corner-kicks!
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

My Opinion.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinion....   My Opinion.... EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 12:23

Confidence is the key ingredient.

Spurs are not a top four club however we've lost /drawn games without playing badly. Our performances against Fulham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd and Blackburn deserve more than a mere 2 points.

They players have got to keep on believing. Ramos first league game at home against poor opposition. It's surely the perfect time to secure 3 points as a base to build on.

I'm confident Ramos will get it right tactically.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

My Opinion.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinion....   My Opinion.... EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 13:48

ezza wrote:

All IMHO.

I need a stiff drink too. The next four games define the future...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Opinion.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinion....   My Opinion.... Empty

Back to top Go down

My Opinion....
Page 1 of 1