Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Anyone still think Berbo is staying?

Go down 
+8
kevinyip714
Hairy
Tottingham
bad_baz
ezza
spur'don
Enter The Pitbull
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Anyone still think Berbo is staying? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone still think Berbo is staying?   Anyone still think Berbo is staying? EmptyTue Nov 06 2007, 22:32

Door is open for Kanouté's Spurs return, claims agent

'He likes Tottenham very much and a return there in January is possible'

Staff and agencies
Tuesday November 6, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

Kanouté left White Hart Lane for Sevilla in 2005. Photograph: Getty Images

The former Tottenham striker Frédéric Kanouté could be set for a surprise return to White Hart Lane in January after his agent claimed to have spoken with Spurs' sporting director, Damien Comolli, about a potential move.
Kanouté, who left Tottenham to join Sevilla in 2005, was an integral part of the team that won successive Uefa Cup titles under coach Juande Ramos. Now that Ramos has taken charge of Spurs, the Mali forward has inevitably been linked with a move back to north London and his agent, Christophe Mongai, today did little to dampen the speculation.

"The door is open for Frédéric Kanouté's January move," Mongai told setantasports.com. "I have called Damien Comolli and he told me that he does not know yet if he wants to sign a striker. He asked me to call him back on December 15 to discuss the situation.
"Frédéric loves London, his family [do] too. He likes Tottenham very much and a return there in January is possible. Frédéric has a very good relationship with Juande Ramos since their common Sevilla adventure. He is 30 but is not a tired player, like Patrick Kluivert for example."

Mongai added: "Sevilla want to rebuild their team and I have an appointment there next week. They are at the end of a cycle and I think that Kanouté and Daniel Alves are no longer indispensible."
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still think Berbo is staying?   Anyone still think Berbo is staying? EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 00:39

3 years ago signing Defoe in January was what kept us up. Period.

Perhaps the same sort of transfer will be required in January 08.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still think Berbo is staying?   Anyone still think Berbo is staying? EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 08:52

I'd love King Kanoute back at the Lane, he was and still is a class act. However, not at the ridiculous sums that have been talked about. BerbaKing will piss off at the end of the season. For Comolli's sake Bent has to start delivering or both will be out the door at the end of season too.

As a little aside, anyone else spot Valencia 0 Steffan Iversen 2 in the Champions League last night? The old drunk has got some life in him still.
Back to top Go down
bad_baz
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
bad_baz

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still think Berbo is staying?   Anyone still think Berbo is staying? EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 09:38

Spurs have stated Berbs is staying. Vote of confidence, i.e. he's probably gone in January..........
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still think Berbo is staying?   Anyone still think Berbo is staying? EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 09:42

I'm beginning to wonder if this post should read " does anyone WANT Berbatov to stay".

He is a great player but his attitude really sucks and sums up all that is wrong with the modern player. He had a 100% pay increase this summer. What has he given in return ?
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still think Berbo is staying?   Anyone still think Berbo is staying? EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 10:53

bit like Mido on loan vs mido on permanent contract - pay-packet certainly doesn't equate to increased effort. Possibly has an inverse relationship - I mean if you are already set up for life, there is little need to try hard is there?
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still think Berbo is staying?   Anyone still think Berbo is staying? EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 11:31

Are you speaking as one who knows Paul ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still think Berbo is staying?   Anyone still think Berbo is staying? EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 11:57

Berba's off to MaNure for 30 mil.Period .. Best thing we should do, is bring back King Kanoute to The Lane and use the balance to improve the quality of the 1st team.
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still think Berbo is staying?   Anyone still think Berbo is staying? EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 12:45

spur'don wrote:
Are you speaking as one who knows Paul ? Laughing

yeah - working my arse off and haven't seen a paycheck for close to 18 months now.
Back to top Go down
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still think Berbo is staying?   Anyone still think Berbo is staying? EmptyWed Nov 07 2007, 12:52

Well I hope Berbatov stays. Fredi is similar and he wasn't that much more industrious when he played for us. I still think selling him without even having a replacement in the bag cost us big 2 years ago. I think Ramos will turn things around with Berbatov too. If there's one striker that I had to choose to let go, it would be Defoe.
Back to top Go down
kevinyip714
David Tuttle
David Tuttle

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still think Berbo is staying?   Anyone still think Berbo is staying? EmptySat Nov 10 2007, 22:54

I'll be delighted to welcome him back. It's about the loyalty of players.

I am pretty sure berba is gonna be on the way to other giant clubs. It's all about the timing - during coming Jan or after this season.

As I remember Kanoute did say he really love Tottenham after he moved to Spain so I believe that he really wanna come back again if chances is come. A guy who's the leading scorer in a CL club shows his desire to play for a club stuggling at the moment... loyalty speaks it all.

Is Berba a loyal spurs player? Well... no wonder though Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still think Berbo is staying?   Anyone still think Berbo is staying? EmptySun Nov 11 2007, 07:51

The way Berbs is playing at the moment we'd be lucky to offload him for much more than we paid for Bent. No club would be willing to pay much more than that for someone who clearly sulks when things don't go his way.
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still think Berbo is staying?   Anyone still think Berbo is staying? EmptySun Nov 11 2007, 16:36

I think ...

1. Berbs will stay until at least the end of the season. He will then review his options.
2. Kanoute is and always was a good player. If he can come back, I would be happy.
3. Can some mug club buy Bent off us for 16 million so we can break-even on the price we paid! I'll take a purchase for 12 million, but who would want him?
4. Kanoute, Defoe, Berbatov and Keane would be much prettier options for the front men.

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still think Berbo is staying?   Anyone still think Berbo is staying? EmptySun Nov 11 2007, 16:40

kevinyip714 wrote:
I'll be delighted to welcome him back. It's about the loyalty of players.

I am pretty sure berba is gonna be on the way to other giant clubs. It's all about the timing - during coming Jan or after this season.

As I remember Kanoute did say he really love Tottenham after he moved to Spain so I believe that he really wanna come back again if chances is come. A guy who's the leading scorer in a CL club shows his desire to play for a club stuggling at the moment... loyalty speaks it all.

Is Berba a loyal spurs player? Well... no wonder though Evil or Very Mad

Kevin, I don't think that too many of the higher ranking players in the Premiership are 'loyal' to any club. Only loyalty is to their bank balance. Although I don't like it, I have to accept it as part of the modern game, even though it makes me puke when I see some of them kiss the badge. They are not generally qualified to kiss the badge, only the fans are!

Having said the above, I do believe that certain players have favourite clubs that they had once or would like to play for. I think Berbatov has been there for too short a time for himself to make a call on how deep his love is for Spurs.

Cheers,

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still think Berbo is staying?   Anyone still think Berbo is staying? EmptyMon Nov 12 2007, 13:41

StewHK wrote:
it makes me puke when I see some of them kiss the badge

hear hear

there is nothing more nausiating
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still think Berbo is staying?   Anyone still think Berbo is staying? EmptyMon Nov 12 2007, 13:49

twiglet wrote:
StewHK wrote:
it makes me puke when I see some of them kiss the badge

hear hear

there is nothing more nausiating

I would say that only Keano and King, and I suppose Gardner, are in any position to do that from our current squad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still think Berbo is staying?   Anyone still think Berbo is staying? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone still think Berbo is staying?
Page 1 of 1