Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Ulaanbataar, Mongolia

Go down 
+4
GDG
spur'don
James
Kevin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kevin
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
Kevin

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Ulaanbataar, Mongolia Empty
PostSubject: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyTue Nov 27 2007, 19:34

Who has been to Mongolia before???

I am in Mongolia now, not for holidays of course, and it is cold. Even though I hate & moan about the humidity in HK - the winter or tail end of autumn in Mongolia is pretty darn cold. The average here is -7C to -9C in the day and -15C to -19C at night. The ground even at day times are covered with some frost.

The locals here are well wrapped up for the season - unlike back in HK where fashion (especially for females) dictates the dress code Razz

Last edited by on Tue Nov 27 2007, 19:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyTue Nov 27 2007, 19:36

Take some pictures and post them here! rendeer
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
Kevin

Number of posts : 116

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyTue Nov 27 2007, 19:37

James wrote:
Take some pictures and post them here! rendeer

Will certainly try James
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyTue Nov 27 2007, 21:35

Kevin wrote:
Who has been to Mongolia before???

I am in Mongolia now, not for holidays of course, and it is cold. Even though I hate & moan about the humidity in HK - the winter or tail end of autumn in Mongolia is pretty darn cold. The average here is -7C to -9C in the day and -15C to -19C at night. The ground even at day times are covered with some frost.

The locals here are well wrapped up for the season - unlike back in HK where fashion (especially for females) dictates the dress code Razz

Not been to Mongolia but I've experienced temperatures of - 20'c in Seoul before. Don't envy ya. Best thing to do is get yourself down to that sauna.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyWed Nov 28 2007, 08:59

Went through Mongolia and thus Ulan Batur in '95 when we took the train from Hong Kong back to London. Not sure I'd like to spend much time in the city but would loved to have spent some time out on the plains.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyWed Nov 28 2007, 09:45

GDG wrote:
Went through Mongolia and thus Ulan Batur in '95 when we took the train from Hong Kong back to London. Not sure I'd like to spend much time in the city but would loved to have spent some time out on the plains.

You took a train back to London ! " Next train departing from platform 2 is the 08:30 express service to London Victoria. Calling at Shanghai, Jinan, Ulan Batur, Volgograd, Kiev, Berlin, Paris and Purley " .
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyWed Nov 28 2007, 10:52

There is no way I will sit in the carraige for more than 12 hours at most!
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyWed Nov 28 2007, 11:09

spur'don wrote:
GDG wrote:

You took a train back to London ! " Next train departing from platform 2 is the 08:30 express service to London Victoria. Calling at Shanghai, Jinan, Ulan Batur, Volgograd, Kiev, Berlin, Paris and Purley " .
Tai Wai -> Hung Hom -> Guangzhou -> Shanghai -> Beijing -> Moscow (5.5 days, via Inner Mongolia, Mongolia, Siberia) -> Prague (via Poland) -> Paris (via Germany) -> London Waterloo -> Teddington.

Took us four weeks, a great trip.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyWed Nov 28 2007, 13:20

GDG wrote:

Tai Wai -> Hung Hom -> Guangzhou -> Shanghai -> Beijing -> Moscow (5.5 days, via Inner Mongolia, Mongolia, Siberia) -> Prague (via Poland) -> Paris (via Germany) -> London Waterloo -> Teddington.

Took us four weeks, a great trip.

Sounds champion!

Last edited by on Thu Nov 29 2007, 10:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyThu Nov 29 2007, 09:28

agree with that. Sounds ace. If I was ten years younger...
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyThu Nov 29 2007, 09:41

Well I did it in '95 when I was 33, how old are you now?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyThu Nov 29 2007, 10:18

33 Sad

would now be a good time to tell my wife I am off for 4 weeks?
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyThu Nov 29 2007, 10:30

Daniel wrote:
33 Sad

would now be a good time to tell my wife I am off for 4 weeks?

Have you told her about the dancing girls at the Tram party yet, or waiting to let her find out when she opens the SCMP the next day?
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyThu Nov 29 2007, 10:30

Now would be better than in January - I would suggest that it's now or never, without wishing to depress you too much.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyThu Nov 29 2007, 14:33

I did it in 1988 going the other way. London to Hong Kong overland. Stopping at Berlin (east and west), Warsaw, Moscow, Novosibersk, Irkutsk, Ulambatoor, Beijing. Then on to Xian, Wuhan, Chongching, Yanshou, HK. Excuse the spellings. I seem to remember the Russian women on board the train being very saucy.....especially with a bottle of vodka down their neck....marvellous!
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyThu Nov 29 2007, 14:38

Mongolia? I can Khan see the attraction..
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyThu Nov 29 2007, 14:40

ezza wrote:
I did it in 1988 going the other way. London to Hong Kong overland. Stopping at Berlin (east and west), Warsaw, Moscow, Novosibersk, Irkutsk, Ulambatoor, Beijing. Then on to Xian, Wuhan, Chongching, Yanshou, HK. Excuse the spellings. I seem to remember the Russian women on board the train being very saucy.....especially with a bottle of vodka down their neck....marvellous!

Even as a Pole, I have to admit that Russian women are wonderful. I spent an enjoyable evening in Moscow a few years back with a ballet dancer from the Bolshoi. She could put her ankles behind her ears, you could bounce a table tenis ball off her stomach and she drank me under the table on vodka. Nazdrozye!
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyFri Nov 30 2007, 08:59

blimey, does she fancy a tram party?
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyFri Nov 30 2007, 09:28

Did she wrap her legs around a Pole Wink
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia EmptyFri Nov 30 2007, 09:59

I'm afraid I binned her number after I met my wife, best not to have temptation calling.

She'd probably get on well with Dannyboy's girlfriend as they'd both drink all of us under the table!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ulaanbataar, Mongolia   Ulaanbataar, Mongolia Empty

Back to top Go down

Ulaanbataar, Mongolia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Wellcome Stamps Section :: Off Topic-
Jump to: