Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

I am shitting myself

Go down 
+2
Daniel
James
6 posters
AuthorMessage
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

I am shitting myself Empty
PostSubject: I am shitting myself   I am shitting myself EmptyWed Jun 20 2007, 16:32

Not the most attractive I know, but I am shitting myself - I have to present a seminar to the HKIS (Institute of Surveyors) at 7pm tonight. I thought there would be at most 60 attendees (which I would have shat in that case), now that I discovered the attendees would be closer to 190!

SHIT! monkey
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: I am shitting myself   I am shitting myself EmptyWed Jun 20 2007, 16:39

Don't worry, only you will be scrutinising your speech. After 5 minutes everyone will switch off. Keep your head down, drone and waffle. Oh, and have a few drinkies before to losen the throat. I did a presentation for a development in China a few months ago as the token gweilo. Luckily I had a translator but obviously my speech was in English so nobody had a clue what i was talikng about. I could have been reading my shopping list.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: I am shitting myself   I am shitting myself EmptyWed Jun 20 2007, 22:49

how did it go?
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: I am shitting myself   I am shitting myself EmptyWed Jun 20 2007, 23:25

It went well. Better than what I expected anyway. Strangely enough my legs weren't shaking and my voice wasn't that bad.

Great turnout but still a bit steep for them to pay $300 or $500 to listen to me bullshitting for 1.5 hours! cyclops
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: I am shitting myself   I am shitting myself EmptyWed Jun 20 2007, 23:28

Well done fella.

:bmj: "That is great work, little man."
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: I am shitting myself   I am shitting myself EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 00:53

Good job, James. I hope you were suitably rewarded if they were billing 190 people $300-500 each, that's a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: I am shitting myself   I am shitting myself EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 01:58

GDG wrote:
Good job, James. I hope you were suitably rewarded if they were billing 190 people $300-500 each, that's a lot of money.

I would love to but we didn't receive a penny for it... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: I am shitting myself   I am shitting myself EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 09:22

I know that feeling, we've provided a number of talks in the last year or so for which we got nothing except networking and marketing opportunities. It takes a lot of work to get these talks together and it pisses me off that we get nowt for our trouble.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: I am shitting myself   I am shitting myself EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 10:53

James, have you got the stains out? monkey
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: I am shitting myself   I am shitting myself EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 11:11

ezza wrote:
James, have you got the stains out? monkey

The lucky stains will be there with me for the big match on Saturday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am shitting myself   I am shitting myself Empty

Back to top Go down

I am shitting myself
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Wellcome Stamps Section :: Off Topic-