Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Defoe "definately" wants to stay

Go down 
+2
GDG
Hairy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Defoe "definately" wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Defoe "definately" wants to stay   Defoe "definately" wants to stay EmptyTue Dec 11 2007, 15:14

Source: Sky Sports

Jermain Defoe says he 'definitely' wants to stay at Tottenham Hotspur, following speculation that he may seek a move away from the club.

The 25-year-old striker has made just one Premier League start all season, and reports have suggested that he had been stalling on a contract extension due to a lack of first-team opportunities.

Defoe - whose current deal expires in 2009 - stepped off the bench to secure a vital three points for Tottenham against Manchester City on Sunday.

And speaking after the triumph, Defoe admitted that his restricted appearances this campaign have been frustrating.

"It has been very difficult to be honest. Credit to the fans, they have stuck by me and been great - I thank them for that," he said on Sky Sports News.

When asked of his contract situation, Defoe said that that he absolutely wants to stay at White Hart Lane.

"If you're playing, then why not (extend your contract) - you would want to commit yourself to the club," he added.

"If I did not want to be at this club, then I wouldn't be here - simple as that. I want to stay at the club.

"I love the fans and I love the club. I feel at home here. I definitely want to stay." sports

"If you're playing"... sounds ominous. Neutral . Wouldn't surprise me if Defoe decides to leave in Jan. Hope not, as I still think he's a very useful addition to the squad.

I'd like to see Defoe start against Pompey.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Defoe "definately" wants to stay   Defoe "definately" wants to stay EmptyTue Dec 11 2007, 15:25

He's probably due a start, Bent has hardly been setting the world alight, has he?
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Defoe "definately" wants to stay   Defoe "definately" wants to stay EmptyTue Dec 11 2007, 15:28

Agreed. Bent has missed good chances in the last two home league games so, on form, Defoe deserves to start. The only thing is that away from home it is helpful to have a big strong centre forward up top to take some pressure off the defence, so that wd be Bent over Defoe.

Btw, Defoe says "definately" at the start of the answer to every interview question on TV, so I don't read too much into the above. I expect him to be sold for 10m to Pompey or Villa in January.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Defoe "definately" wants to stay   Defoe "definately" wants to stay EmptyTue Dec 11 2007, 16:09

"I have always said, and I keep saying it, if I get my opportunity I will just try my best. I do believe that, if I play and get some kind of rhythm, I will score goals. Robbie Keane was suspended against Man City but I didn't play. I was disappointed but at the end of the day I didn't show it which is the most important thing." Defoe
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Defoe "definately" wants to stay   Defoe "definately" wants to stay EmptyTue Dec 11 2007, 16:24

Sky Andrews gave Judas the same script

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Defoe "definately" wants to stay   Defoe "definately" wants to stay EmptyTue Dec 11 2007, 16:31

I've had dealings with Sky Andrews in the past when I used to do some of the FA's legal work.

Unfortunately it wasn't this Sky Andrews (warning, probably nsfw): http://www.skyandrews.com/
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Defoe "definately" wants to stay   Defoe "definately" wants to stay EmptyTue Dec 11 2007, 16:43

oooh, I'm looking forward to seeing this when I get home Defoe "definately" wants to stay 690105
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Defoe "definately" wants to stay   Defoe "definately" wants to stay EmptyTue Dec 11 2007, 21:58

That's not only NSFW, that's NSF home, could get someone into a lot of trouble.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Defoe "definately" wants to stay   Defoe "definately" wants to stay EmptyWed Dec 12 2007, 09:57

GDG wrote:
That's not only NSFW, that's NSF home, could get someone into a lot of trouble.

Apologies, I just clicked on it very briefly at work cos I thought it was Sky Andrews the agent's page. I quickly clicked out when I saw it was some sort of "sexy" website but I didn't see full content. Will be more circumspect in future sending links.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Defoe "definately" wants to stay   Defoe "definately" wants to stay EmptyWed Dec 12 2007, 10:01

I'll be speaking to my lawyer friend about this. Did I tell ya I'm now friend's with a champagne guzzling rich lawyer ? Watch out Janek ! affraid
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Defoe "definately" wants to stay   Defoe "definately" wants to stay EmptyWed Dec 12 2007, 10:46

spur'don wrote:
I'll be speaking to my lawyer friend about this. Did I tell ya I'm now friend's with a champagne guzzling rich lawyer ? Watch out Janek ! affraid

Be careful, I hear he charges exorbitant hourly fees to keep him in the style he's accustomed to...
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552

PostSubject: Re: Defoe "definately" wants to stay   Defoe "definately" wants to stay EmptyWed Dec 12 2007, 11:05

Not the one I know. He's a con artist. Drinks cheap sparkling wine in Old China Hand over a bacon buttie and has the audacity to call it a champagne brunch. Reckons he lives in a penthouse up mid levels - more like reads a worn out copy of Penthouse mid way up chung king mansion.
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: Defoe "definately" wants to stay   Defoe "definately" wants to stay EmptyWed Dec 12 2007, 11:09

spur'don wrote:
Not the one I know. He's a con artist. Drinks cheap sparkling wine in Old China Hand over a bacon buttie and has the audacity to call it a champagne brunch. Reckons he lives in a penthouse up mid levels - more like reads???? a worn out copy of Penthouse mid way up chung king mansion.

a strange one then...
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Defoe "definately" wants to stay   Defoe "definately" wants to stay EmptyWed Dec 12 2007, 11:38

spur'don wrote:
Not the one I know. He's a con artist. Drinks cheap sparkling wine in Old China Hand over a bacon buttie and has the audacity to call it a champagne brunch. Reckons he lives in a penthouse up mid levels - more like reads a worn out copy of Penthouse mid way up chung king mansion.

This gentleman sounds like my cup of tea, you must introduce me to him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defoe "definately" wants to stay   Defoe "definately" wants to stay Empty

Back to top Go down

Defoe "definately" wants to stay
Page 1 of 1