Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?

Go down 
+5
Barry Lineker
ezza
Daniel
spur'don
Janek
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? Empty
PostSubject: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyMon Dec 17 2007, 13:32

From Tribalfootball, which isn't very reliable, but here we go:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=69685
Espanyol have rejected a £8 million bid from Tottenham for defender Dani Jarque.
Spurs watched Jarque several times and were ready to fill a hole opened by Younes Kaboul's poor displays.
Espanyol sporting director Paco Herrera said: "Jarque is a key player and we don't want to break our system up."

Incidentally, I see Jarque scored Espanyol's only goal in a 1-0 win yday.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyMon Dec 17 2007, 21:56

Kaboul has done okay in his last couple of games. I wonder if he has turned the corner ?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyMon Dec 17 2007, 22:03

I'm thinking the same thing. Maybe he could turn out OK.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyTue Dec 18 2007, 09:42

I agree, I'm sure he will be OK. He is unfortunate that he's had to be thrown into the deep end and that he's had Dawson rather than King to play alongside. He's shown good strength of character to come back after being dropped and making lots of high profile mistakes.

I think if we sign Jarque for big money, it means one of three things:

1. King is eternally fucked
2. Ramos doesn't rate Dawson
3. We'll be selling the bit part defenders like Gardener and Rocha

I hope it is number 3!
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyTue Dec 18 2007, 09:52

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/reservereport171207.html

Spurs: Forecast (Button, 46), Hughton, Martin, Livermore (Kasim, 46), Rocha (Berchiche, 70), Dervite, Routledge, Rose, Pekhart, Olsen (Hutchins, 70), Hutton (Fraser-Allen, 46). Subs: Cox.

No Ledley in the reserves last night. Saving him for the Goons, or too fucked to play? At least Rocha got 70 minutes and Dervitte played the full game. That Danny Rose seems to be playing well for the reserves, always involved in the goals, hopefully we'll get a glimpse of him before the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyTue Dec 18 2007, 11:22

Berchiche, Dervite, Rose, Pekhart, Olsen......all young talent we've brought in at considerable expense with an eye to the future. It would be good to see them getting their chance in the first team over the course of this season like O'Hara did on Saturday. Oh, what's happened to Jimmy Tarbuck - injured I assume?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyTue Dec 18 2007, 12:45

Ramos doesn't rate the man they call Tarbuck I heard.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyTue Dec 18 2007, 13:01

That's a pity 'cos he delivers a cracking one liner.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyTue Dec 18 2007, 13:08

he used to do a good quiz show as well
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyTue Dec 18 2007, 14:23

Daniel wrote:
Ramos doesn't rate the man they call Tarbuck I heard.

What about the woman, will BIG LISA get a game?
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyTue Dec 18 2007, 14:41

Big Lisa Tarbuck? I hear she's good upfront.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyTue Dec 18 2007, 16:31

ezza wrote:
Berchiche, Dervite, Rose, Pekhart, Olsen......all young talent we've brought in at considerable expense with an eye to the future. It would be good to see them getting their chance in the first team over the course of this season like O'Hara did on Saturday. Oh, what's happened to Jimmy Tarbuck - injured I assume?

Ezza - don't be surprised to see them play once we've secured our PL status for next season. We aren't going to qualify for Europe via our league position so he might decide to experiment with places in the last 8 games.
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyTue Dec 18 2007, 21:22

jimmy tarbuck can't be totally off the radar - he's in the squad for tonight's game
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyWed Dec 19 2007, 03:16

spur'don wrote:
ezza wrote:

Ezza - don't be surprised to see them play once we've secured our PL status for next season. We aren't going to qualify for Europe via our league position so he might decide to experiment with places in the last 8 games.

Were you fishing there Ezza or genuinely stating your beliefs?

I believe we still have a (miraculous and Glorifying) chance to qualify for Europe via the League this season.

With Blackburn with only 1 win in their last 7 games now, Portmouth, abliterated during the African Nations Cup in Jan / Feb and their next 2 games against Arsenal and Chelsea, ManShitty's face the big guns the most in the 2nd half and theur luck will sooner or later turn it's natural course, MON's Villa, will ultimately fall short on quality and depth in squad, so I believe only Everton will still be consistently as strong, until the end of this season. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to the wire and the last game of the season!

I'm looking forward to an amazing run in and a Top 6 place to get us into Europe next season.

C O Y S ! !!

bounce
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyWed Dec 19 2007, 08:50

We've lost too many games already unfortunately. We're not gonna make Europe again via the league.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyWed Dec 19 2007, 09:15

The Carling Cup, however...
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyWed Dec 19 2007, 09:20

Indeed. Who knows? Trying not to get too carried away. We've been here soooooo many times in the past and come crashing down to earth. For the moment though, I'm ecstatic with the manner of our victory this morning. COYS Very Happy bounce
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyThu Jan 10 2008, 10:21

ITKs on COYS are reporting that Ramos met Jarque and his agent in London this week, the player is keen to come and the clubs are haggling over the fee. He hasn't played in Espanyol's last two games, apparently because he is unsettled and wants to leave.

I'dimagine it will take a bid of 7 - 10m quid to get him. If he comes, I imagine we'll sell Gardener at least and then maybe unload one of Dawson or Kaboul in the summer.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyThu Jan 10 2008, 10:54

I reckon we'll definitely sell The Inconsistent Gardner and Mudslide Rocha. There ain't a hope in hell Comolli will sanction the sale of Kaboul so soon as it was him in the first place that bought him. It will just expose Comolli as the inept fraud he actually is.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyThu Jan 10 2008, 11:27

Agreed Ezza.

I think it will be a positive sign if Jarqe joins as it will show that Ramos has more influence on signings that Jol did.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyThu Jan 10 2008, 13:59

No, we're not gonna make top 6. But well above the bottom 6, despite Ezza's usual doom-mongering! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? EmptyMon Jan 14 2008, 15:25

The Times is reporting this morning that Jarque is in London for talks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?   Bid for Dani Jarque rejected? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bid for Dani Jarque rejected?
Page 1 of 1