Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

International Drivers Licence

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

International Drivers Licence Empty
PostSubject: International Drivers Licence   International Drivers Licence EmptyWed Jan 02 2008, 15:48

it's actually an International Drivers Permit not Licence. Anyway does anyone have one? Any point? hard to get? I am finding it a hassle but I'm it doing via the UK AA site. Have you got one? Have you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: International Drivers Licence   International Drivers Licence EmptyWed Jan 02 2008, 15:53

by the way, if any of you ladies are planning to drive in Saudi then don't get too excited as, and I quote,"Women not permitted to drive."

No comment.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: International Drivers Licence   International Drivers Licence EmptyWed Jan 02 2008, 16:00

I just returned from the Transport Department to get an International Driving Permit. Costs me 15 minutes and $80. Lasts for 1 year.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: International Drivers Licence   International Drivers Licence EmptyWed Jan 02 2008, 16:02

I can't get a HK one as my licence is UK. I called them but there is nothing they can do. You are as I should have sorted it before I left the UK..
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: International Drivers Licence   International Drivers Licence EmptyWed Jan 02 2008, 16:10

Daniel wrote:
I can't get a HK one as my licence is UK. I called them but there is nothing they can do. You are as I should have sorted it before I left the UK..

You can apply for a HK driving licence if you hold a UK licence.....which should enable you to obtain a IDP.

The cost of a HK licence is quite high.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: International Drivers Licence   International Drivers Licence EmptyWed Jan 02 2008, 16:19

hmm, this would speed up the proccess. Would I be able to do it in a day do you know Jez?
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: International Drivers Licence   International Drivers Licence EmptyThu Jan 03 2008, 14:02

Two Options:

1) The RAC will do you one for about 15 Quid. It only last for a year but it is accepted everywhere (except China)

2) Nip down the Koah San Road the next time your in Bangkok and get a UN driving licence for about 5 Quid. I've got one and it really works everywhere. I had it done because I was in Thailand, I wanted to hire a car and I didn't have mine with me. On another occasion I used it to hire a car in the UK as I had my UK licence but not the bit of paper that goes with it. he wouldn't accept the UK one on its own but the dodgy one from Thailand was fine!

ha ha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: International Drivers Licence   International Drivers Licence Empty

Back to top Go down

International Drivers Licence
Page 1 of 1