Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Breaking News....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Breaking News.... Empty
PostSubject: Breaking News....   Breaking News.... EmptySun Jun 24 2007, 22:56

Wellcome stamps have stopped being given out. I just bought some shopping and the cashier calmly broke the news to me. Obviously this has left a void in my life and I now need to weigh up the options. I am unclear if the stamps I have now are of any use and indeed if it is worth carrying on anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Breaking News.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking News....   Breaking News.... EmptySun Jun 24 2007, 23:22

"Man commits suicide in Wellcome stamp shocker!"
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Breaking News.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking News....   Breaking News.... EmptyMon Jun 25 2007, 00:09

I'm close to it. My dreams in tatters not to mention the blender and the fondue set
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

Breaking News.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking News....   Breaking News.... EmptyMon Jun 25 2007, 00:45

May your Wellcome stamps rest in peace Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Breaking News.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking News....   Breaking News.... EmptyMon Jun 25 2007, 00:50

Its a needless and senseless waste of stampage Sad
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

Breaking News.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking News....   Breaking News.... EmptyMon Jun 25 2007, 02:39

Schoolboy error that Im afraid Dan. Always, always check promotion end date before starting your collection.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

Breaking News.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking News....   Breaking News.... EmptyMon Jun 25 2007, 09:27

Wise words, Twiglet. My son decided he wanted to collect the Premier League cards from 7/11 a couple of years ago - we started about 4 days before they pulled the promotion! He was blazingly upset and I thought we'd blown it, but circumstances contrived to go in our favour as everyone who had been collecting the cards offloaded their extras to me and with a bit of hard work and ultimately swapping about 200 cards for the last two I needed, we completed the set about three weeks after the promotion ended. How good was that?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Breaking News.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking News....   Breaking News.... EmptyMon Jun 25 2007, 11:23

I've been a fool but I will learn fom this. We all make mistakes in life and this is one of the biggest. Never again.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

Breaking News.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking News....   Breaking News.... EmptyMon Jun 25 2007, 14:46

GDG wrote:
Wise words, Twiglet. My son decided he wanted to collect the Premier League cards from 7/11 a couple of years ago - we started about 4 days before they pulled the promotion! He was blazingly upset and I thought we'd blown it, but circumstances contrived to go in our favour as everyone who had been collecting the cards offloaded their extras to me and with a bit of hard work and ultimately swapping about 200 cards for the last two I needed, we completed the set about three weeks after the promotion ended. How good was that?

Good indeed.

I have a similar story with those 7/11 premier league stickers. For whatever reason I started collecting them and gradually got friendly with the 7/11 staff who got to know me as this cheesing gweilo that was obsessed with these poxy stickers. Eventually I was getting hordes of packets for free every time I went in there. I ended up filling 3 books with loads of spares. Shame to waste the spares I thought so I put a memo on the message board in our appartments for anyone who wanted them. A few kids got in touch and I duely gave them the stickers they needed. Word got round and before I knew it I was unindated with 9 and 10 year old kids leaving messages and knocking on the door looking for me. Of course, having little boys knocking on your door at all hours is not good for your reputation (ask Arsene Wenger). On my wifes advice I've since slung all the stickers away.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Breaking News.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking News....   Breaking News.... EmptyMon Jun 25 2007, 14:49

haha...lovely story Twiglet. Obssesion is a dangerous thing. I managed to break the sticker collecting this when i was 12 Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Breaking News.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking News....   Breaking News.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking News....
Page 1 of 1