Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

A couple of observations.......

Go down 
+3
Hairy
Janek
ezza
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

A couple of observations....... Empty
PostSubject: A couple of observations.......   A couple of observations....... EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 10:49

First, with his move to high flying Everton, there's now the prospect that The Inconsistent Gardner may play Champions League football next season. How frightening is that?

Second, has anyone noticed the inclusion of one Curtis "Mayfield" Davies in the England squad? The player that BMJ was after for so long and was thought to be too expensive at 6m. Instead "Brains" Comolli insists we buy the "new" Desailly and French U-21 captain for 8m only to be 4th choice CB and from evidence to date, a complete sack of shite.

pale
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: A couple of observations.......   A couple of observations....... EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 11:06

My Observations:

IN: Woodgate (8m), Hutton (8m), Gunter (2m), Gilberto (1m)

OUT: Defoe (10m), Routledge (2m), Barnard (50k), Ghaly (loan), Gardener (loan), Stalteri (loan)

SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT: Daniel Reynolds (when attending DB swingers events)

A good window in my opinion. We had to let Defoe go as he just wdn't sign a contract. He hasn't developed as a footballer, doesn't work hard enough off the ball and will never dislodge Keane as first choice. None of Jol, Eriksson, McLaren and Ramos have had enough confidence in him to play him regularly. As long as Bent stays fit we won't miss him too much and one of the youngsters like Pekhart or maybe Taarabt has a chance to be the fourth striker.

I'm excited about our new signings. Woodgate oozes class at the back and is a calming presence, like the King, as long as he stays fit, like the King. It seems clear that Ramos wants Spurs to play the same way as Seville with his full-backs bombing forward at every opportunity, hence the
lengthy pursuit of Hutton, who apparently is like the Steven Carr of old. Hutton also has a bit of Glaswegian grit, which 9 yellow cards this season testifies to. With Gilberto, will be a relief to see a player with a left foot in the team and he is a Brazilian international, our first. Gunter looks solid in his few displays and is only 18 yrs old. I imagine he will take over the Stalteri role as cover for both full-back positions.

All of Woody, Hutton and Gilberto are available for our cup final on 24 February.

Still no left winger and we cd've done with a classy holding central midfielder, which is why the club pursued Downing and Tiago. I'm sure those positions will be sorted in the summer.

Ramos seems to have more of a say over transfers and Commoli than Jol did, so hopefully no more spending 8m on Kabouls and Zokoras from French football. To answer Ezza's point, I think Kaboul and KPB are good players, but we probably paid at least twice as much as we shd've done for players with potential.

Lastly, praise the Lord that Anthony F*cking Gardener has finally left our club, please please do not return you lanky streak of useless p*ss!

COYS!
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: A couple of observations.......   A couple of observations....... EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 12:08

one other..

Why is there a photo of wotsits him name up there ? Shocked
Back to top Go down
LoubyLou
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
LoubyLou

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A couple of observations.......   A couple of observations....... EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 12:47

Hairy wrote:
one other..

Why is there a photo of wotsits him name up there ? Shocked

Well he's just died - but was he a Yiddo?
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: A couple of observations.......   A couple of observations....... EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 12:58

No. Another thread reliably informs us that he was in fact a Goon. So Daniel, remove said Gooner from our beloved site.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: A couple of observations.......   A couple of observations....... EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 14:04

any dead goon is a good goon in my book. Let's celebrate the Beadle!
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: A couple of observations.......   A couple of observations....... EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 14:28

Daniel wrote:

that's a bit harsh mate.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7219248.stm
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: A couple of observations.......   A couple of observations....... EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 14:30

LOLZ I didn't even know he was vermin when I stuck it up there!
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: A couple of observations.......   A couple of observations....... EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 15:17

Daniel wrote:

You hooligan!
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: A couple of observations.......   A couple of observations....... EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 15:19

ezza wrote:
First, with his move to high flying Everton, there's now the prospect that The Inconsistent Gardner may play Champions League football next season. How frightening is that?

Second, has anyone noticed the inclusion of one Curtis "Mayfield" Davies in the England squad? The player that BMJ was after for so long and was thought to be too expensive at 6m. Instead "Brains" Comolli insists we buy the "new" Desailly and French U-21 captain for 8m only to be 4th choice CB and from evidence to date, a complete sack of shite.

pale

Yes but in fairness, Curtis Davies has hardly set the world alight at Villa. In fact, he is not a 1st team regular and highlights England's defensive shortcomings.

That said, I take your point about Kaboul and shit for brains Commolli.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: A couple of observations.......   A couple of observations....... EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 15:27

Number 10 wrote:
Daniel wrote:

You hooligan!

I was actually apying tribute to the Nations Fevourite Jester. Our King of Hearts. There is no Beadle harm intended.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A couple of observations.......   A couple of observations....... Empty

Back to top Go down

A couple of observations.......
Page 1 of 1