Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Hutton's kid won't be English

Go down 
+2
DannyBoy
Janek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Hutton's kid won't be English Empty
PostSubject: Hutton's kid won't be English   Hutton's kid won't be English EmptyWed Feb 06 2008, 11:11

Daniel, you will appreciate this cos of the Stanley birth arrangements - Hutton is apparently ensuring that his wife returns to Scotland to give birth to their kid cos he didn't want it born in England!

Hutton told the Daily Record:
"My missus is down here right now and will go back to Scotland to have the baby. We are looking for a place to stay. In my eyes, the family comes first and that is why it was a massive decision to come to London.

That is one of the main reasons why there was a hold-off period from me. But the offer to play here was just too big to turn down. The move was brilliant but the timing was not ideal on the personal side. It was things behind the scenes, like the family, that made me weigh it up for so long and hold me back a wee bit. But, after this debut, I feel as if I've made the right choice. I spoke to big Lee McCulloch about playing in England. He'd done it with Wigan and assured me I would be fine. The other side to it all was what would happen if I said 'No' in January and then there was no offer in the summer. I had to ask myself, 'Will I look back and 'Should I have done that?' When you get an opportunity like this you just have to jump at it. I did not feel any added pressure with the fee. I believe in myself and know what I can do. I just tried to play the way I have been with Rangers and Scotland. Spurs have bought me because of that and I hope I can do the same job now I am here."
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Hutton's kid won't be English   Hutton's kid won't be English EmptyWed Feb 06 2008, 11:30

Sounds like he's got a sound head on his shoulders. Hope he can combine good defence to go with good support of the midfield. One of which Chimbonda does...no prizes for guessing what he doesnt do.
Back to top Go down
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Hutton's kid won't be English   Hutton's kid won't be English EmptyWed Feb 06 2008, 11:36

Will he fly back to Scotland and stay with his wife for the birth of their child soon~??

We cant afford to lose him in the back... I remembered he tackled C. Ronaldo and Nani in 5 secs... Anyone remember~??
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Hutton's kid won't be English   Hutton's kid won't be English EmptyWed Feb 06 2008, 11:41

I think it depends. Some players play when their kids are born - I think Cech did recently - others don't - e.g. Ledley left the England squad at Euro 2004 as his missus was having problems giving birth.

Let's hope she doesn't drop it on 23 or 24 Feb!!
Back to top Go down
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Hutton's kid won't be English   Hutton's kid won't be English EmptyWed Feb 06 2008, 11:44

Janek wrote:
Let's hope she doesn't drop it on 23 or 24 Feb!!

I am also worring about it... Mad
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Hutton's kid won't be English   Hutton's kid won't be English EmptyWed Feb 06 2008, 11:47

affraid She can hold it in a day or two surely..
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Hutton's kid won't be English   Hutton's kid won't be English EmptyWed Feb 06 2008, 12:05

well at least he doesnt need to sort out a passport with the bastard British bastard Embassy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Hutton's kid won't be English   Hutton's kid won't be English EmptyWed Feb 06 2008, 12:07

I'm sure thats what the refer to it in Glasgow too...
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Hutton's kid won't be English   Hutton's kid won't be English EmptyWed Feb 06 2008, 12:08

really, I don't know what the staff of the Bristish Embassy in Bangkok do all day. Mind you, looking at them I have a few ideas...
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Hutton's kid won't be English   Hutton's kid won't be English EmptyWed Feb 06 2008, 12:11

Origami?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Hutton's kid won't be English   Hutton's kid won't be English EmptyWed Feb 06 2008, 12:13

fat old white guys in Bangkok. Do the math homeboy...
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Hutton's kid won't be English   Hutton's kid won't be English EmptyWed Feb 06 2008, 12:20

Play bridge?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Hutton's kid won't be English   Hutton's kid won't be English EmptyWed Feb 06 2008, 12:22

more like pokeher
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Hutton's kid won't be English   Hutton's kid won't be English EmptyWed Feb 06 2008, 14:34

anyway you can get it here Dan? Twas a piece of cake for my littleuns
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Hutton's kid won't be English   Hutton's kid won't be English EmptyWed Feb 06 2008, 19:37

Thought this was negatively interesting..

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/article-23435970-details/article.do?ito=newsnow

Tottenham's £9m Hutton cup-tied for UEFA Cup - and it's because Rangers are losers

Last updated at 11:09am on 06.02.08
Add your view

Tottenham paid Rangers £9million for Alan Hutton and they can't even use the Scotland full back for the second half of their UEFA Cup campaign.
And it's all the Glasgow side's fault for losing.
Scroll down for more Hutton's kid won't be English AndrewDriverPA_468x362

Rangers' ruse: Alan Hutton, then of the Ibrox side, fends off Hearts' Andrew Driver

Spurs manager Juande Ramos brought in Hutton - along with Jonathan Woodgate from Middlesbrough - to sure up his defence, but because Rangers have dropped into the UEFA Cup after failing to qualify for the Champions League knock-out stages, he is deemed cup-tied, even though he has not played in the competition this season. Rangers finished third in Group E behind Barcelona and Lyon.
In a bizarre twist, however, Dimitar Berbatov would have been permitted to play for Manchester United in the Champions League had the striker's much-talked about transfer to Old Trafford come about during last month's transfer window.
A UEFA spokesman exlusively told Sportsmail online: "It is true that Dimitar Berbatov, had he moved to a team playing in the Champions League, would have been able to play in that competition because his current club had not played in that competition.
Scroll down for more Hutton's kid won't be English BerbatovFloor_468x335

Sitting pretty: Tottenham's Bulgaria striker Dimitar Berbatov

"But in the case of Hutton, even though he did not play in the UEFA Cup for Rangers, the fact that Rangers have been relegated from the Champions League to the UEFA Cup, means he cannot appear in that competition for Tottenham in the same season."
UEFA Cup rules, Chapter 8, Article 17.18, state: "One player who has played UEFA club competition matches for another competing club in the current season may exceptionally be registered provided that the player has not been fielded: • in the same competition for another club, • for another club that is currently in the same competition.
Furthermore, if the player's new club is playing in the UEFA Cup, his former club must not have played in the UEFA Cup at any point in the current season."

AIYA ! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hutton's kid won't be English   Hutton's kid won't be English Empty

Back to top Go down

Hutton's kid won't be English
Page 1 of 1