Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

How to annoy a pub full of gooners

Go down 
+8
Daniel
edman
spur'don
Number 10
ozspur
DannyBoy
James
Barry Lineker
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

How to annoy a pub full of gooners Empty
PostSubject: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyMon Feb 18 2008, 09:22

If you’re sitting in a pub (say the White Stag, Wanchai) full of Gooners, when they are on the wrong end of an FA thrashing from ManUre. And one of the Gooners, sitting at the bar makes a heartfelt plea to his fellow goons to sing up and really get behind their team.

Why not try a rousing Chorus of “When the Spurs go marching in” and see the kind of looks you get! Number 10 and I tried this on Saturday night, it was classic!

Then after the game and their humiliation was complete they started chatting to us, one of them was saying he’d like to see us win the CCF and would be supporting spurs! It nearly put me off my kebab!
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyMon Feb 18 2008, 09:55

Good work by you both!
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyMon Feb 18 2008, 09:55

I thought the rendition of "Spurs are on their way to Wembley" at the end of the game was nice too Cool
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyMon Feb 18 2008, 10:18

Barry Lineker wrote:
If you’re sitting in a pub (say the White Stag, Wanchai) full of Gooners, when they are on the wrong end of an FA thrashing from ManUre. And one of the Gooners, sitting at the bar makes a heartfelt plea to his fellow goons to sing up and really get behind their team.

Why not try a rousing Chorus of “When the Spurs go marching in” and see the kind of looks you get! Number 10 and I tried this on Saturday night, it was classic!

Then after the game and their humiliation was complete they started chatting to us, one of them was saying he’d like to see us win the CCF and would be supporting spurs! It nearly put me off my kebab!

A chorus of "Fuck all, you're gonna win fuck all" would have gone down a storm. Have never seen a pub full of gooners in HK. The White Stag has gone down in my estimation, or was there just one or two of them?
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyMon Feb 18 2008, 10:23

There was around 7-8 I'd guess at. Maybe more.

I was very surprised too. Even more glad we've abandonned White Stag for the quiz nights.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyMon Feb 18 2008, 10:32

The pub was about 50% Goon and 50% anti-goon/neutral.

Quiet as a tomb.

It was brilliant! One guy pipes up with 'who's a gooner in here? Come on guys, we're so quiet'
2 second pause while Stuart and I exchange glances, and see we're both thinking the same thing. 'Oh when the Spurs....!'

It's also a lot of fun when they try and retaliate. Any comment thrown our way (outrageous claims of winning the league or CL etc) were met with the six finger signal!

To be fair to the goons who came and chatted to us at the end, they were a pretty decent bunch (*washes out mouth*), and were also very gracious in defeat, even acknowledging that Wenger never is. They also gave kudos for our songs and banter. One even admitted he himself was struggling not to laugh when BarryL and I sung up!
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyMon Feb 18 2008, 19:58

haha. Nice one chaps.
Back to top Go down
edman
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
edman

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyTue Feb 19 2008, 01:47

Barry Lineker wrote:

u guys make me proud! cheers
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyTue Feb 19 2008, 12:44

so is the White Stag their base then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyTue Feb 19 2008, 12:47

Do 'em Janek, do 'em!
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyTue Feb 19 2008, 12:48

Daniel wrote:
so is the White Stag their base then?

don't think so. Reckon it was just a random gathering of people watching footy, some of them goons. No real ManU guys, as they actually have fans and will have been more organised
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyTue Feb 19 2008, 12:51

I'd love to find out where they watch the games alas I doubt they will ever come out from under the rocks they live under. Scum.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyTue Feb 19 2008, 13:08

Luckily Daniel wasn't there. He wd've smashed his beer glass on the bar, shouted "COME ON THEN YOU SH1T-C*NTS" as he threw the glass remanants into the gooners and then thrown himself into them wielding his fists in a windmill motion.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyTue Feb 19 2008, 13:10

He's nuffink but barney rubble that Daniel.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyTue Feb 19 2008, 13:22

I wouldn't have done anything at all but I wouldn't have been as jolly as number 10 and Linekar were. I can't help it.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyTue Feb 19 2008, 16:42

Daniel wrote:
I wouldn't have done anything at all but I wouldn't have been as jolly as number 10 and Linekar were. I can't help it.

.. affraid bloody hell, you're not gonna take that are you ?
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyTue Feb 19 2008, 16:55

Not our fault that he's a grumpy sod!

I try to alternate between fits of rage and witty songs/banter whilst watching footy.

This was definitely a witty banter event. Plus, we were sober.
Back to top Go down
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners EmptyWed Feb 20 2008, 17:17

I would've farted. :sms:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to annoy a pub full of gooners   How to annoy a pub full of gooners Empty

Back to top Go down

How to annoy a pub full of gooners
Page 1 of 1