Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT

Go down 
+4
spur'don
Janek
ezza
Enter The Pitbull
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT Empty
PostSubject: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyMon Feb 25 2008, 06:53

I AM VERY PLEASED TO REPORT THE SiHK FLAG WAS HUNG FROM THE TOP TIER AT FULL TIME.
THIS DESPITE THE STEWARDS TRYING TO FOIL ME.

FULL REPORT + PICS TO FOLLOW.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyMon Feb 25 2008, 09:09

Good man ETP, well played. Have a safe journey home.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 10:17

Just got back to HK and in the office suffering from a horrible hangover / jetlag combo. But what a fucking day.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 11:05

Quick synopsis of my Sunday:

3am - get to bed after spending the night boozing in Oxford after a university old boys game
10am - meet the boys for breakfast in Chingford, full english and stella instead of tea
11:30am - minibus full of 12 spurs fans heads for wemberlee, chas and dave playing on full blast, more cans of stella
11:35am - first loo break
1pm - 15th loo break
1:45pm - reach wemberlee, leave the others who are sitting elsewhere, collect tickets
2:15pm - consume oysters and shampoo with my dad in the corporate section
2:50pm - reach seats, realise with horror am above all the chelski fans, behind the goal that woodgate wd eventually score the winner
3pm - kick off
3:39pm - drogba scores, my dad swears at robinson so much i think he's going to have a heart attack
3:45pm - half time, my dad hasn't stopped swearing at robinson
4:34pm - i go to loo
4:35pm - berba gets penalty, luckily i race out from my loo break and see him slot it away
4:40pm - chelski fans start gesturing at us as they realise we are spurs fans, my dad and i blow kisses at them, this enrages them
4:50pm - full time, more gestures at chelski fans
5pm - woodgate scores, even more gestures at chelski fans
5 to 5:30pm - the longest half hour of my entire life
5:31pm - chelski fans start leaving in droves, we cheerfully wave them on their way, they threaten to cut our throats, we continue to wave cheerfully
5:32pm - tottenham win the league cup, my dad and i are hugging each other in tears
5:30-6pm - watch ledley and keano lift the cup and then the players celebrations
6:15pm - meet all the boys back on the minibus
6:15 - 8pm - journey back to essex, more chas n dave, more stella
8-9pm - more stella in our local
9:15pm - go to one of the boys' house and watch a replay of the game. eat curry, drink stella
1am on Monday morning - collapse into bed
7:30am Monday morning - wake up and struggle through rush hour trains to heathrow, smiling like a lunatic all the way

WE ARE RIGHT AND THEY ARE WRONG!

C O Y S !
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 11:11

I can picture the look on your face when you realise you're in the Chelsea end !!

Enjoyed reading that.
Back to top Go down
LoubyLou
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
LoubyLou

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 11:18

Sounds great!!! Would've loved to have seen the Cheslcum faces up close after Woodgate scored!!!!!!
So you didn't drink much then Janek....?!!!
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 11:56

Janek wrote:

Good grief! Standards have dropped.Must have run out of Moet and moved on to Clairol
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 11:58

From what I could make out of the TV coverage, it seems there were a fair number of Spurs fans at the Chelsea end. The lower tier was all but empty by the end, but the upper tier seemed pretty full, or was it just people hanging back to get more shampoo?
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 12:06

Janek wrote:

3am - get to bed after spending the night boozing in Oxford after a university old boys game
10am - meet the boys for breakfast in Chingford, full english and stella instead of tea
11:30am - minibus full of 12 spurs fans heads for wemberlee, chas and dave playing on full blast, more cans of stella
11:35am - first loo break
1pm - 15th loo break
1:45pm - reach wemberlee, leave the others who are sitting elsewhere, collect tickets
2:50pm - reach seats, realise with horror am above all the chelski fans, behind the goal that woodgate wd eventually score the winner
3pm - kick off
3:39pm - drogba scores, my dad swears at robinson so much i think he's going to have a heart attack
3:45pm - half time, my dad hasn't stopped swearing at robinson
4:34pm - i go to loo
4:35pm - berba gets penalty, luckily i race out from my loo break and see him slot it away
4:40pm - chelski fans start gesturing at us as they realise we are spurs fans, my dad and i blow kisses at them, this enrages them
4:50pm - full time, more gestures at chelski fans
5pm - woodgate scores, even more gestures at chelski fans
5 to 5:30pm - the longest half hour of my entire life
5:31pm - chelski fans start leaving in droves, we cheerfully wave them on their way, they threaten to cut our throats, we continue to wave cheerfully
5:32pm - tottenham win the league cup, my dad and i are hugging each other in tears
5:30-6pm - watch ledley and keano lift the cup and then the players celebrations
6:15pm - meet all the boys back on the minibus
6:15 - 8pm - journey back to essex, more chas n dave, more stella
8-9pm - more stella in our local
9:15pm - go to one of the boys' house and watch a replay of the game. eat curry, drink stella
1am on Monday morning - collapse into bed
7:30am Monday morning - wake up and struggle through rush hour trains to heathrow, smiling like a lunatic all the way

WE ARE RIGHT AND THEY ARE WRONG!

C O Y S !

sounded like an awful weekend! 'ave it!
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 12:29

Glad you're home safely Jan. Great summary. I'm glad those south London Chavs didn't try to mess with you. In the immortal words of Bob Hoskins, "there would have been an ERUPTION!".

Still drunk and still smiling I assume?
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 12:36

ozspur wrote:
From what I could make out of the TV coverage, it seems there were a fair number of Spurs fans at the Chelsea end. The lower tier was all but empty by the end, but the upper tier seemed pretty full, or was it just people hanging back to get more shampoo?

There were loads more Spurs than Chelski, maybe 75% Spurs. I think they way they do it is that the whole of that tier is Club Wembley, all the way round, and a lot of those tickets were given to Spurs fans or bought by Spurs fans. As you said, at the end you cd see it was all white.

One thing was also funny, after the chelski fans all left there were tiny pockets of fans left in their corner and they were Spurs fans too who had been under-cover for the whole game!
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 12:40

ezza wrote:
Glad you're home safely Jan. Great summary. I'm glad those south London Chavs didn't try to mess with you. In the immortal words of Bob Hoskins, "there would have been an ERUPTION!".

Still drunk and still smiling I assume?

It was so funny just to wave at them, blow them kisses and wind them up. They were seething so much I thought they were going to explode. There was no way they cd get to us so we were free to do what we wanted to them. They didn't watch the game for about 20 mins, just looked up at us and gestured they were going to slit our throats. And then when they all left we waved them away with royal waves, like the queen. Classic.

Yes, still a bit drunk and still very happy.

I loved the image of Ramos standing at the edge of the technical area there with his arms folded towards the end of the game with all the Spurs fans ranked behind him. He is the General of the Yid Army and I'd follow him to the depths of hell (Eastlands in May) and back!
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 12:44

Janek wrote:

It was so funny just to wave at them, blow them kisses and wind them up. They were seething so much I thought they were going to explode. There was no way they cd get to us so we were free to do what we wanted to them. They didn't watch the game for about 20 mins, just looked up at us and gestured they were going to slit our throats. And then when they all left we waved them away with royal waves, like the queen. Classic.

Must be hilarious! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 12:46

I'm with you Janek. IF we make it to Eastlands there ain't no way I'm missing that.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 12:49

On the Chelsea uk webpage there's talk of a couple of thugs coming to Hong Kong to " search for that yido w**ker waving like a royal jerk who goes under the name Janek".

You know that cave we saw on Cheung Chau island....... Wink
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 12:56

I say: BRING EM ON!

We'll lure them down to the cave, Ozspur can scamper into them to elad them deeper in and then we'll get the local pirates to cut them up!
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 13:08

Janek wrote:
I say: BRING EM ON!

We'll lure them down to the cave, Ozspur can scamper into them to elad them deeper in and then we'll get the local pirates to cut them up!

Laughing 'ave it.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 13:25

I have my ticket stub, a programme and one of the flags that they gave out. I can bring them along on Sat night as a sort of show and tell.

ETP - did you get anything like that? You back in HK yet?

What I thought was a nice gesture was that they as soon as I got home to the UK my mother bought me a brand new toy, an A5ena1 fan on a piece of string, she told me to kick its fucking head in!
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 13:30

Razz
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 13:37

Janek wrote:

What I thought was a nice gesture was that they as soon as I got home to the UK my mother bought me a brand new toy, an A5ena1 fan on a piece of string, she told me to kick its fucking head in!

Haha Laughing
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 16:21

Janek wrote:
I have my ticket stub, a programme and one of the flags that they gave out. I can bring them along on Sat night as a sort of show and tell.

ETP - did you get anything like that? You back in HK yet?

I'm flying tonight. Stayed Monday to catch up with uni friends.

I'll post a full report re: my day upon my return. It started in a west end strip club early on Sunday morning... it ended with me above the royal box, in tears... zooming in on Ledley with my massive camera lens.

I have stub and programme, annoyed I did not get a rosette but didn't want to buy one before the match to jinx it.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 16:28

Love it ETP, looking forward to seeing your pictures.

I was the same, didn't want to buy a rosette or extra programmes in case I was jinxing it. I'm sure Generalissimo Levy will ensure there is plenty of league cup final tat in the Spurs shop for us to gorge ourselves on. I saw on the website today that they're already trying to seel more copies of the Opus on the back of it - "100 exclusive copies signed by the league cup winning team" etc etc
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 16:34

Janek wrote:
ozspur wrote:

There were loads more Spurs than Chelski, maybe 75% Spurs. I think they way they do it is that the whole of that tier is Club Wembley, all the way round, and a lot of those tickets were given to Spurs fans or bought by Spurs fans. As you said, at the end you cd see it was all white.

One thing was also funny, after the chelski fans all left there were tiny pockets of fans left in their corner and they were Spurs fans too who had been under-cover for the whole game!

In our box we had 17 spurs fans to 2 Chelsea fans. They were giving it large at HT but by the end of the match had absconded, run away like the rest of their cowardly carefree brethren. You could see all the neutral areas on the halfway line were clearly all spurs too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT   CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT Empty

Back to top Go down

CHAMPAGNE GUZZLERS REPORT
Page 1 of 1