Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Disappointed with Payrise

Go down 
+2
GDG
James
6 posters
AuthorMessage
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Disappointed with Payrise Empty
PostSubject: Disappointed with Payrise   Disappointed with Payrise EmptyThu Jun 28 2007, 16:39

How will you react if you are disappointed with the payrise? Mad
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Payrise   Disappointed with Payrise EmptyThu Jun 28 2007, 18:21

Payrise? I haven't had a bloody payrise in two and a half years - consider yourself lucky. Bloody lawyers, always whining.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Payrise   Disappointed with Payrise EmptyThu Jun 28 2007, 18:29

have had my pay cut three times in 7 years, and as for the exchange rates pale
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Payrise   Disappointed with Payrise EmptyThu Jun 28 2007, 18:39

out of interest what was the rate of exchange like years ago? I landed here in September last year and was 14 HK dollars to the pound and this has risen slightly to 15 so no great shakes really...
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Payrise   Disappointed with Payrise EmptyThu Jun 28 2007, 19:10

Not sure about the UK pound, but when I came in 2001, the Aussie Dollar was 3.9, now it's close to 7. Makes a huge difference Sad
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Payrise   Disappointed with Payrise EmptyThu Jun 28 2007, 19:27

When I first came in '91 it was about the same as it is now, maybe 14.5 to the pound. It went down to about 10.5 or 11 for a long while before plunging like West Ham when they get relegated in the near future. Let's hope it turns around again soon, it makes me feel that much better about my salary even if it buys me no more here than it did previously.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Payrise   Disappointed with Payrise EmptyThu Jun 28 2007, 19:49

Agree with ya GDG. Very expensive to visit family in UK these days.
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Payrise   Disappointed with Payrise EmptyFri Jun 29 2007, 12:01

I would like to be paid full stop - I am a volunteer at present (start up business).

this is about as high as the pound has been in my 20 yrs here - think we hit 16 once... but it has probably averaged around 11.5-12.5 over the whole period... so you're effectively looking at 20-30% pay cuts!! Plus between 1998-2004 we had 6 years straight deflation, while counterparts in the UK were enjoying steady inflation and pay rises - many people here had salaries frozen or reduced - great for morale that was! Living in HK isn't all about money ya know!
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Payrise   Disappointed with Payrise EmptyFri Jun 29 2007, 16:26

Your dead right.

Not just UK either - travelling anywhere outside the dollar zone is expensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Payrise   Disappointed with Payrise Empty

Back to top Go down

Disappointed with Payrise
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Wellcome Stamps Section :: Off Topic-
Jump to: