Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

anybody watching?

Go down 
+5
Daniel
ozspur
twiglet
spur'don
aufai
9 posters
AuthorMessage
aufai
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-06-23

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptyFri Mar 21 2008, 22:06

football rivalries on now 633?
abt tottenham and the scum
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptyFri Mar 21 2008, 22:21

thanks for that. Just switched it on
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2007-06-06

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptySat Mar 22 2008, 14:48

good show that - taught me a couple of things too.

How many of you knew that Herbert Chapman played for spurs? And that he was the one that introduced the white to Ar5ena1's shirt sleeves to bring a 'little bit of Tottenham style' to them - Brilliant

And seeing the players sparking up fags in the Wembley dressing room after the 61 cup final - Brilliant
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptySat Mar 22 2008, 15:03

twiglet wrote:
good show that - taught me a couple of things too.

How many of you knew that Herbert Chapman played for spurs? And that he was the one that introduced the white to Ar5ena1's shirt sleeves to bring a 'little bit of Tottenham style' to them - Brilliant

And seeing the players sparking up fags in the Wembley dressing room after the 61 cup final - Brilliant

Anyone know if the programme will be repeated or did anyone manage to record it?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptySat Mar 22 2008, 17:00

we once had a red strip back in the day Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptySat Mar 22 2008, 17:03

ozspur wrote:

Anyone know if the programme will be repeated or did anyone manage to record it?

tomorrow at 9am and 2pm, ch633

'seeing as they're from Woolich, technically its not even a North London derby' - brilliant
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptySat Mar 22 2008, 17:05

Daniel wrote:
we once had a red strip back in the day Embarassed

yeah but thats the point, we changed it coz it looked shite

they put the white on their sleeves because they wanted to be more like us
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptySat Mar 22 2008, 17:07

forever in our shadow. Poor heather selling c*nts. Another season trophyless I predict.
Back to top Go down
Waddle9
Waddle9

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-09-24

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptyTue Mar 25 2008, 18:42

Was being shown last month on BA flights back to London.
That guy from the Tottenham supporters trust is a bit of a prat though
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 16:57

Waddle9 wrote:

Daniel Wynne?

if so I agree with your assessment.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 18:18

Enter The Pitbull wrote:
Waddle9 wrote:

Daniel Wynne?

if so I agree with your assessment.

Yep, t'was him. He doesn't come across well - very whiney and whingey,
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 18:19

twiglet wrote:
ozspur wrote:

tomorrow at 9am and 2pm, ch633

'seeing as they're from Woolich, technically its not even a North London derby' - brilliant

Cheers Harvey. Managed to see it - good programme.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 13:12

I thought the electable Mr D.Wynne was a fine ambassador to our club I love you flower I love you
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 13:14

Oh dear...

George Graham: the case for the defence

by Daniel Wynne

Ever since George Graham walked through the doors of White Hart Lane as manager for the first time as manager in October 1998, following the debacle of the Christian Gross era, he was always going to have trouble winning over a certain section of the fans.

However, the more rational thinking supporters of this great club of ours, myself included, realised that we were fortunate to have been given a manager with a proven track record and also one determined to “get one over” on his former employers down the road. Therefore his history should be left exactly where it belongs, in history.

We are now 117 games into his reign and the debate as to whether he should be in charge for one more game, let alone another 117 is reaching fever pitch. I am firmly on the side of sticking with him and many, many others, the owner of this great website included (in case you didn’t know!!!) want rid.

Under Gross, the players were a shambles. They obviously were not happy with the regime and were playing without respect for their leader. In an instant, that point at least was rectified. The name of George Graham was the tonic the players needed and his third game in charge saw us overcome a potential banana skin in the form of Northampton away in the torrential rain, in the third round of the successful Worthington Cup campaign.

People tend to overlook the fact how he turned those players around quickly. To overcome the likes of Man Ure at home, Liverpool away and Wimbledon over two legs on the way to picking up the trophy was no mean feat.

That same season victories over Watford, Wimbledon, Leeds and Barnsley took us to the semi-final of the FA Cup and we were denied a double Wembley appearance (for the first time since Keith Burkinshaw’s reign in1982) by an abysmal refereeing display by Paul Durkin.

The following season, saw a return to European football. Many people cannot forgive Graham for leaving Ginola out of the second leg trip to Kaiserslautern. However, in my mind this was a brave decision and one that showed he is a quality manager. Ginola was going to be the target of some less than welcoming hospitality by the German hosts after he won the penalty which separated the two teams after the first leg. We all know that he didn’t play as well away from the Lane and so it was the correct decision to “rest” him. The fact we gave away those two late goals was unfortunate, but it was not GG on the pitch at the time. Up until that point, it was a solid away performance and the ink was almost dry on the “Job Done” headlines when…………well you know the rest.

Earlier that season, GG took us to the summit of the Premiership, the first time we had been at the top of the league since the late 80’s. Three straight victories against Newcastle, Everton and Sheff Wed took us there, albeit overnight. Graham also led us to home victories against Arsenal, Man Ure and Liverpool. It was the first time since the 1989-90 season that we beat all three of those teams at home in the same season.

Look what Graham has achieved with Steve Carr. He has turned a raw kid into the best right back in the Premiership. Remember how Carr was not exactly a crowd pleaser? GG has worked enormously hard to get the best out of him. He has encouraged him to get forward more and his first goal came at Wimbledon. His goals against Man Ure and Sunderland on the last day of the season were a joy to watch.

He has bought in a quality keeper in Sully and Rebrov, is pure class and will benefit from the return of Iversen as I think his best position is playing behind the front two facing the goal. GG cannot be blamed for the injuries we have which has resulted in Sergei playing almost as a target man alongside “Sir” Les.

Before you think I am totally ignoring all the points against him, I will acknowledge that Korsten is not exactly a shining light and I am as disappointed as the next man at our away form. I also recognise that his achievements were a long time ago and the game has moved on enormously.

However, what this club needs now is a period of consistency. Sticking with GG is paramount. His ability to turn this situation around, is in my opinion, there for all to see. He is passionate and cares deeply about this club. I had the pleasure of sitting directly behingd him for the home games against Boro and Newcastle, as I was in the press box, and if anyone doubts his passion, let me tell you how wrong you are.

He needs more time. Rome was not built in a day. Fergusson is a great example of that. We were fighting relegation not so long ago and under Francis, unable to win at home. That has gone.

Hoddle will no doubt come home in time but let him make his mistakes elsewhere first. There is no guarantee that an ex player will do the biz. Ask Ossie about that one!

I urge you all to get behind the team and also behind Graham. With a bit more time and the right support the success will follow.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 13:18

twiglet wrote:
I thought the electable Mr D.Wynne was a fine ambassador to our club I love you flower :heart:

affraid affraid affraid Thanks Janek - I feel like I've been jilted at the altar, knifed thru the heart

Waddle9 got it right
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 13:39

Wynne was an embarrassment when ITV had the match highlights and did that fan forum programme with McCoist and Logan every sunday night. He spouted such shite it was unbelievable. Even the Chelscum and Goon fans seemed reasonably articulate compared to him.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 19:44

That is an awful article from Wynne. Awful. Woeful. Football teams seem to attract people that try to bask in the glory of the team as to be somehow a reflection of themselves. People that manipulate time and space in the name of the team and set up websites to get kicks in a megalomaniacal way. My advice is to avoid these characters as they will bring you nothing but pain and sorrow. Run to the hills whilst you can.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 10:56

That article by D.Wynne is perhaps the most misguided tosh I've ever read by a Spurs fan.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 20:54

almost as bad as some of the gibbersih spouted on here Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

anybody watching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody watching?   anybody watching? Empty

Back to top Go down

anybody watching?
Page 1 of 1