Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Harewood to join ?

Go down 
+4
twiglet
ezza
James
spur'don
8 posters
AuthorMessage
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Harewood to join ? Empty
PostSubject: Harewood to join ?   Harewood to join ? EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 14:47

Do we want him ? Apparently West Ham are releasing him - odd. He wouldn't in our starting eleven, however it's all about having adequate cover in your squad. Mido is on his way so I for one would welcome the capture of Marlon. Useful cover for league cup fixtures, injuries.

Any thoughts ?

Secondly, any predictions on the outcome of the arbitration panel review on the Tevez case ? Reckon it will be overturned ? Can't see it myself though I'd love it to happen.

I've got a real dislike for West Ham after their fans celebrated denying us fourth spot.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Harewood to join ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harewood to join ?   Harewood to join ? EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 14:51

No, I don't want Harewood. One season wonder (and that was the season before last)...

It might be controversal but personally I would like Crouch to re-join. He's got a good touch for a tall lad and he is not as bad as some people reckon. As Liverpool is build a really strong team for next season, he might find himself out of the starting XI.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

Harewood to join ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harewood to join ?   Harewood to join ? EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 15:06

Harewood would be a real step back. Can you imagine him on the fields of Europe? No

Darren Bent would be a good buy, but at 10-12m, does seem v.v. expensive.

I've had a liking for Lee Barnard for a couple of years. The lad deserves a break and should be our natural Mido replacement. It would save us a bob or two, too.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

Harewood to join ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harewood to join ?   Harewood to join ? EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 19:39

Ideally we want to replace Mido and not Defoe. Problem is whoever it is who replaces him is invariably gonna be a bench warmer albeit not for the entire season. This in mind, we are not gonna get somebody top class, A1, top of the range. Having said that - Harewood is definetley not the player we should be looking at. We've got ourselves into a position which earns a certain amount of respect - lets try and keep it that way. I know Gudjohnsens name was being bantered around a while back - now I wouldn't mind him to come in to make up the 4.
Back to top Go down
dezzydez
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
dezzydez

Number of posts : 28

Harewood to join ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harewood to join ?   Harewood to join ? EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 19:55

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

Harewood must surely be bs...Hes strong, but not exactly skilful and doesn't read the game well, he was rubbish last season. Be better off keeping Mido. (But then again I have a soft spot for Mido...don't ask me why, but it aint in a gay way!)
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356

Harewood to join ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harewood to join ?   Harewood to join ? EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 20:09

With Dezzy on this one, no way, also Gudjhonsen is a good shout Harve.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

Harewood to join ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harewood to join ?   Harewood to join ? EmptySat Jun 09 2007, 15:03

Harewood?! Evil or Very Mad

I'm tempted to let Barny have a go as Eric mentioned in another thread, before I'd want that overrated wet spam player.
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

Harewood to join ? Empty
PostSubject: Harewood   Harewood to join ? EmptySun Jun 10 2007, 17:59

If we want to break into the top 4, we have to stop looking at players from this level.

Spurs need to recruit quality British players (with good potential), relatively inknown talent from Europe and elsewhere and established consistent players that are not too expensive or demanding silly wages!

COYS!!!

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

Harewood to join ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harewood to join ?   Harewood to join ? EmptyMon Jun 11 2007, 00:47

StewHK wrote:
relatively inknown talent from Europe and elsewhere

Am I correct in saying that Berbs was a relative unknown before he came to us? I say it again - what a super signing! Another find like him wouldn't go amiss
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harewood to join ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harewood to join ?   Harewood to join ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Harewood to join ?
Page 1 of 1