Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Welsh male voice choirs

Go down 
+6
DannyBoy
ozspur
twiglet
Tottingham
Number 10
Daniel
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Welsh male voice choirs Empty
PostSubject: Welsh male voice choirs   Welsh male voice choirs EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 12:37

The last few games at Delaneys I have noticed the 'Oh when the Spurs' song has been changed into a bit of an ordeal. Do we really have to spend five minutes on the 'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH' and then sing the rest at a snails pace and then do it all over agian and then, and only then, sing at the normal pace? It's like colliery in Port Talbot. Why don't we all arrive in straw boaters and red bow ties and have done with it? I like to sing like the next man but can we just sing at a normal pace? Can we? Yes we can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Welsh male voice choirs   Welsh male voice choirs EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 13:12

No, Dammit!

The slow build-up is what makes it so great. Sends shivers down your spine I tells yer!
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Welsh male voice choirs   Welsh male voice choirs EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 13:17

No - the Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, has to stay.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Welsh male voice choirs   Welsh male voice choirs EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 14:25

I aint been to Delaneys for a while but surely the slow OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH followed by the other slow lines is what its all about.

I've noticed at the Lane they tend to sing it a bit faster these days. Much better when its snails pace.

I've had people (non-spurs) tell me how great that song sounds when the lane are in full voice - Hallelujah!!
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Welsh male voice choirs   Welsh male voice choirs EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 16:10

Daniel wrote:
The last few games at Delaneys I have noticed the 'Oh when the Spurs' song has been changed into a bit of an ordeal. Do we really have to spend five minutes on the 'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH' and then sing the rest at a snails pace and then do it all over agian and then, and only then, sing at the normal pace? It's like colliery in Port Talbot. Why don't we all arrive in straw boaters and red bow ties and have done with it? I like to sing like the next man but can we just sing at a normal pace? Can we? Yes we can.

Heresy - Padre Benny do something about this heretic. Has't this man never set foot upon the hallowed ground and heard the Park Lane faithful sing this in all its majestic slowness?
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Welsh male voice choirs   Welsh male voice choirs EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 16:21

I think he's just playing devil's advocate is daniel, that wascally wabbit. albino
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Welsh male voice choirs   Welsh male voice choirs EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 16:40

Daniel wrote:

LMAO post of the year!
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Welsh male voice choirs   Welsh male voice choirs EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 13:11

Daniel wrote:

You, sir, are a buffoon of the highest order.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Welsh male voice choirs   Welsh male voice choirs EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 13:13

Janek wrote:

Quite, a right royal cheeky monkey monkey
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Welsh male voice choirs   Welsh male voice choirs EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 14:54

Janek wrote:

Quite right the "oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh" must stay!

However, matching waistcoats and straw boaters, hmm... that sounds like fun!
or
what about bells on our legs, hankies on our heads and big sticks! we could be the SIHK Morris Dancers, we'd jig about in car parks and get free beers! We could be bigger than MELVIS I tell ya!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Welsh male voice choirs   Welsh male voice choirs EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 19:34

Bah, yet again you misunderstand me you Hamptons. I am not knocking the song as any fule kno rather the very very very very slow pace with which SIHK sing it. Its getting rindonkulous. You have a problem with that? I'll see you in the pub car park of your choice. You don't get any of this in the West Stand I tell you...
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
IanG
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
IanG

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Welsh male voice choirs   Welsh male voice choirs EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 22:58

ozspur wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Heresy - Padre Benny do something about this heretic. Has't this man never set foot upon the hallowed ground and heard the Park Lane faithful sing this in all its majestic slowness?

And what do we do with heretics here? Welsh male voice choirs Cool11Welsh male voice choirs Peeman10Welsh male voice choirs 1627610Welsh male voice choirs Cool10Welsh male voice choirs 92040213Welsh male voice choirs Award10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welsh male voice choirs   Welsh male voice choirs Empty

Back to top Go down

Welsh male voice choirs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Spurs In Hong Kong :: Spurs In Hong Kong-
Jump to: