Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Wembley Ticket Information

Go down 
+2
twiglet
StewHK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Wembley Ticket Information Empty
PostSubject: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyFri Jun 29 2007, 15:43

Please see an email I got from fellow Spurs fan Carlos ...

All,
Wembley is well and truly up and running and proving already what a magnificent theatre it is for the world's most popular sport (no not fishing Jeff !!). There are a few fixtures coming up and I have my 2 Club Wembley seats available for purchase, as per below. The seats are in an exclusive area with access to dining facilities not open to general public, so they are perfect for Corporate entertaining as well as for your own use. Please forward the email to any friends, colleagues or business associates who you think will be interested.

1 - A historic friendly for England against the old foe, Germany, and the last team to play England at the "old" wembley, will take place on Wed 22nd August. Revenge for that 1-0 loss on a wet dreary day 7 years ago is imperative, with the fixture always raising emotions and memories - one not to be missed. Tickets are available on a "best bid wins" basis, with the starting price at a mere GBP145 each. This includes the cost of a match day programme on the day.

2 - England also have a competitive game in the European Championships against Russia on Wed 12th Sept. With Beckham and Owen back the team made easy work of our last oponents and we are right back in the hunt for automatic qualification for the Finals in 2008, so this phase of qualifying games is crucial and Russia are one of the other teams looking to win the Group. Tickets are available on a "best bid wins" basis, with the starting price at GBP95 each. This includes the cost of a match day programme on the day.

3 - Also, the Community Shield takes place on Sunday 5th August, returning to this grand stadium for the first time in 7 years. It brings together the FA Cup Finalists and 1st and 2nd in the Premiership last season, yet again, so Chelsea will take on Man United in the new season's opener. Tickets are available on a "best bid wins" basis, with the starting price at GBP75 each. This includes the cost of a match day programme on the day.

Regards,
Carlos
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyFri Jun 29 2007, 15:51

bargain considering you get a matchday program as well
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyFri Jun 29 2007, 15:52

aye but they are starting prices. Ebay-tastic...
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: Ah here's that posting   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyFri Jun 29 2007, 18:25

Thought it went missing but eventually found it here.

Yes, the prices quoted are starting bids.

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyFri Jun 29 2007, 19:54

On SC we have a policy of not allowing auctions - fixed price only, and face value, especially if it's Spurs tickets being sold to other Spurs fans. I know these aren't Spurs tickets, but I wonder what others think?
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyFri Jun 29 2007, 20:10

Agree 100%
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyFri Jun 29 2007, 20:23

I dont think its an auction thats planned to be conducted on this site - Stews just passing on a message from Carlos of an auction that'll be held elsewhere. (Carlos's email?)

I dont think Carlos is even signed up here yet - why not I hear you cry!!
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyFri Jun 29 2007, 21:52

Carlos is signed in - but is yet to post... too busy trying to flog his Wembley tickets to waste any time on this board!
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyFri Jun 29 2007, 22:52

Cheeky bugger - he's signed up and getting other people to advertise his tickets - thats a double sambuca as punishment young man Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyFri Jun 29 2007, 23:18

Oh Lord, black sambucas!
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyTue Jul 03 2007, 11:15

GDG wrote:
On SC we have a policy of not allowing auctions - fixed price only, and face value, especially if it's Spurs tickets being sold to other Spurs fans. I know these aren't Spurs tickets, but I wonder what others think?

I agree. This is a forum for Spurs to help other Spurs not a small ads forum for internet auctions. No more of this stuff please. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyTue Jul 03 2007, 20:32

Daniel wrote:
GDG wrote:

I agree. This is a forum for Spurs to help other Spurs not a small ads forum for internet auctions. No more of this stuff please. Thanks.

Correct, it shouldn't be a small ads forum but what if one of us wanted to go to the Community Shield or England game or whatever then wouldn't it be helpful that this thread was here?? Surely that is 'spurs helping other spurs' - No??
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyTue Jul 03 2007, 21:45

not really, if you wanted to go to these two events then EBay (or any other auction site) is more likely to of use. If they are being flogged to Spurs supporters at face value it would read differently but this is an auction pretending to do Spurs fans a favour.

It's up to you lot, if you want this kind of thing then so be it but somebody has to be the bad cop less the whole board gets very messy. If I am wrong then somebody else can do the job and I'll get back to working instead of trying to get this shit up and running.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyTue Jul 03 2007, 23:22

Im not in favour of Spurs fans, particularly within the same community, trying to make a buck out of another Spurs fan's desire to see a game. I've got mates in UK who are more than willing to assist any Spurs from HK to get a ticket without looking to make a profit.

In fairness, the author didn't actually post the message on this board and Stew was merely informing those not on the original email list in case there was any interest.

Anyway, we've now established some ground rules, one of which is please abstain from using this forum for touting tickets.

Let's move on.....
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyWed Jul 04 2007, 03:39

OK understood all that and Dan dont get me wrong, myself and Im sure everyone else admires and is appreciative of the hard work you're putting in to this. My apologies if I upset the applecart in anyway Embarassed

Oh and by the way, does that mean that I cant put another plug out for tickets for the football quiz evening which is being held next Tuesday between 8pm and 11pm at Red Rock? Let me know as I was planning to do it tomorrow or Thursday pirat
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyWed Jul 04 2007, 10:51

Twiglet, I'm sorry of my tone was abrasive but it had been a looooong day. Mad I understand where you are coming from but the original post could also been interpreted as spam as it really had nothing to do with Spurs or us as a group. Plus, the author never has never visted the site or contributed in any way. As Spur'don says, it's a new rule - no spamming.

You can plug any event you are holding mate. Post it as many times as you like as it's not spam - it's your business, it's your event and any of us can along if we wish. This is a community board...

I'm going to have a lie down now...
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyWed Jul 04 2007, 12:13

....you need a drink Dan.

Mes Amis tomorrow bounce
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyWed Jul 04 2007, 12:43

Cool afro
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyWed Jul 04 2007, 13:32

spur'don wrote:
....you need a drink Dan.

Mes Amis tomorrow bounce

absolutley 100% spot on there J
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information EmptyWed Jul 04 2007, 14:34

I have an eye for this sort of thing ! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Ticket Information   Wembley Ticket Information Empty

Back to top Go down

Wembley Ticket Information
Page 1 of 1