Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Champers in Japan

Go down 
+2
ezza
twiglet
6 posters
AuthorMessage
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 01:42

Any good Janek?

Oh by the way - the dirty bin dipper Martin Chivers actually stuck his hand in his pocket and bought our very own Louby Lou a bottle of Moet the other day. Shocked Twas a sight to behold.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 08:58

Blimey, champagne? He must have disposed of those hub caps at a good price!
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 11:00

I must admit, no champers for 10 days in Japan, I was suffering withdrawal symptons. Tried to do a Japanese version by pouring lemonade into sake, but it didn't work very well. Putting that all right by taking the wife to the Intercon champagne brunch this Sunday.

In terms of the trip, it was superb. Japan is a fascinating place, where everything works perfectly and the people must be the most polite in the world. They are also very friendly, we had a couple of mad nights doing air guitar and karaoke with some Japanese businessmen we met randomly in a bar. Also had fun going to a baseball game in Hiroshima, the atmosphere was great. Japan is not that expensive if you pick the right places to sleep and eat, although you can go mad and spend ridiculous amounts of money on hotels and restaurants if you want to. For example, I think Toyo is cheaper than London to sleep/travel/eat, although obviously more expensive than HK. Overall, I would thoroughly recommend a trip there, especially to Kyoto in Spring or Autumn.

Is Mr Chivers trying to find a way into Louby Lu's heart? Did he share the champagne with her, or did he just give her the bottle and a straw?
Back to top Go down
LoubyLou
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
LoubyLou

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 11:08

Janek wrote:

Is Mr Chivers trying to find a way into Louby Lu's heart? Did he share the champagne with her, or did he just give her the bottle and a straw?

Bottle and a glass dahling - one must maintain standards!!
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 11:12

Janek wrote:
I Also had fun going to a baseball game in Hiroshima, the atmosphere was great.Overall, I would thoroughly recommend a trip there, especially to Kyoto in Spring or Autumn.

I'm glad you did those two, Janek, as those are two things I'd thoroughly recommend from my trip last year. I went to baseball game in Tokyo and it was great fun, along with Kyoto were definetly highlights.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 11:56

LoubyLou wrote:
Janek wrote:

Glad to hear it!
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 14:39

Kyoto is most certainly a stunning place. I love Tokyo too. Did you get time to visit Mt. Fuji Janek?
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 14:41

ezza wrote:
Kyoto is most certainly a stunning place. I love Tokyo too. Did you get time to visit Mt. Fuji Janek?

Yes, went to Hakone for the day but it was a bit cloudy so didn't get a proper gander at Fuiji-san, which was a bit annoying. However, stunning landscape around and did a bizarre lake trip in a kitsch pirate ship!
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 14:44

Quote :
and did a bizarre lake trip in a kitsch pirate ship!

The Japs are so good at that sort of thing. YouTube is littered with things like that
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 15:23

Janek wrote:
ezza wrote:

Yes, went to Hakone for the day but it was a bit cloudy so didn't get a proper gander at Fuiji-san, which was a bit annoying. However, stunning landscape around and did a bizarre lake trip in a kitsch pirate ship!

I also did that a year ago. It is the finale of a round island trip which involves train, tram and pirate ship.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 15:27

James wrote:
Janek wrote:
ezza wrote:

I also did that a year ago. It is the finale of a round island trip which involves train, tram and pirate ship.

That's the one! Very amusing. I did hear an American tourist ask someone if they used to have pirates there. It is a fucking lake!!

I love a stupid American tourist question. The best I heard was in Peru, when the guide of an Inca ruined temple was saying that the Incas used to make human sacrifices to try and make it rain. The Yankee-doodle put her hand up and said, "Did it work?"
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 15:30

Did you try those 'volcano eggs'?
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 15:39

James wrote:
Did you try those 'volcano eggs'?

No, despite the promise that they wd extend my life by 7 years. The Japanese, however, were wolfing them down.

Did you try one?
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 15:41

I did buy 2 packs. It was winter when I went there. The eggs gave me some much-needed warmth at the time.
Back to top Go down
LoubyLou
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
LoubyLou

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 15:49

LoubyLou wrote:
Janek wrote:

Oh and I didn't share it with him either!!!!
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 17:29

[quote="Janek"]

Is Mr Chivers trying to find a way into Louby Lu's heart? quote]

or her lacy red underwear affraid
Back to top Go down
LoubyLou
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
LoubyLou

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 17:34

Janek wrote:

I love a stupid American tourist question. The best I heard was in Peru, when the guide of an Inca ruined temple was saying that the Incas used to make human sacrifices to try and make it rain. The Yankee-doodle put her hand up and said, "Did it work?"

I met an idiot American at the Peak. She asked me where I was from and when I replied England she said, 'Oh my god, you're English is so amazing, what language do they speak in England?'

:sms:
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 17:35

Is this the Liverpool fan that she confessed to Father Ramos she went on a date with?
Back to top Go down
LoubyLou
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
LoubyLou

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 17:35

[quote="twiglet"]
Janek wrote:

Is Mr Chivers trying to find a way into Louby Lu's heart? quote]

or her lacy red underwear affraid

EEEEK!!!! It'll take more than a bottle of Moet I can assure you!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Champers in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champers in Japan   Champers in Japan Empty

Back to top Go down

Champers in Japan
Page 1 of 1