Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Lies, Damned Lies and Stats

Go down 
+3
Number 10
Enter The Pitbull
ozspur
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Lies, Damned Lies and Stats Empty
PostSubject: Lies, Damned Lies and Stats   Lies, Damned Lies and Stats EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 15:14

Who has been our most consistent manager? Have a guess and then check out the stats here:

http://www.topspurs.com/thfc-managers-index.htm
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Damned Lies and Stats   Lies, Damned Lies and Stats EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 15:31

ozspur wrote:
Who has been our most consistent manager? Have a guess and then check out the stats here:

[url=http://www.topspurs.com/thfc-managers-index.htm
http://www.topspurs.com/thfc-managers-index.htm[/quote[/url]]

I knew it was him before I even Shimbomba'd that link open.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Damned Lies and Stats   Lies, Damned Lies and Stats EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 15:39

Poor old Ossie, eh?
Back to top Go down
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Damned Lies and Stats   Lies, Damned Lies and Stats EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 18:26

David Pleat is the 2nd!?

Oh, yes!! We got a best midfilder, Glenn Hoddle at that moment...
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Damned Lies and Stats   Lies, Damned Lies and Stats EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 18:39

Kin on Spurs wrote:
David Pleat is the 2nd!?

Oh, yes!! We got a best midfilder, Glenn Hoddle at that moment...

It was a hell of a team then. Clemence in goal, Mabbutt and Gough at the back. Then a wonderful midfield of Hoddle, Waddle, Ardiles, Hodge and Paul Allen, with Clive Allen on fire up front. I always say that with that midfield behind me, even I would have scored 20 goals!
Back to top Go down
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Damned Lies and Stats   Lies, Damned Lies and Stats EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 18:49

I still can't accept how much we lost our way in the 90s under Sugar. Yes, he saved the club financially but we're still paying for his inept leadership.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Damned Lies and Stats   Lies, Damned Lies and Stats EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 18:54

That was a hell of a team in '87. The two games that stick out for the right reasons was the League Cup Q.Final (I think) at home to Worst Spam. We spanked them big time the pikeys weren't too pleased lobbing all sorts of coins at us. Managed to collect a few quid which paid for the beers at full time. Second was the fa cup semi at villa park v Watford. Such a one sided semi final. But that season also brought one of my worst moments. Not only did we lose that final but I paid 50 quid for my ticket. As a student. I was devastated and broke.

Favourite players that season - Waddle and Nico Claesen (much under rated, and would have featured and scored a lot more in a 4-4-2). Happy days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Damned Lies and Stats   Lies, Damned Lies and Stats Empty

Back to top Go down

Lies, Damned Lies and Stats
Page 1 of 1