Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Reading Vs Tottenham

Go down 
+8
LoubyLou
Barry Lineker
Janek
spur'don
Daniel
Number 10
James
Hairy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Reading Vs Tottenham Empty
PostSubject: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyFri May 02 2008, 01:09

Score and scorers please.

Will we see another 10 goal thriller ? Doubt it. Reading have let in as many goals as Spurs this season, but only scored 65.In fact, they're currently going through a barren run of 7 hours and 40 minutes without scoring a goal. ...

Rolling Eyes

I'm going for a (not easy) 2 - nil win. Keano with a brace.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyFri May 02 2008, 01:53

what else but 1-1?

Kitson to score first and Bent to equalise at the end
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyFri May 02 2008, 10:17

I would have had this as another draw or even a narrow Reading win, but they seem to be imploding at the moment. Have you seen the stories going round about Fae and Sonko refusing to play with the reserves and being dropped by Coppel? Not a happy ship there at the moment.

Since Reading are my second team I won't begrudge them a result that helps their relegation fight, since we're playing for nothing now.

However, I see us nicking this 3-2. Jenas to have his '1 in 4' game and a goal. Steed and sub Bent to finish it off.

Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyFri May 02 2008, 10:54

I have no idea and you know what? I cannot even be arsed to predict. Fuck it, 2-3 us.

Berb with a brace.
John Madjeski and Cilla Black for them
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyFri May 02 2008, 11:02

2-2.

Spurs leading 1-2 with Reading equalising in last 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyFri May 02 2008, 11:12

3-1 to Spurs

Berba (2) and Jenas for us, CIlla Black's coke-smeared nostrils for them
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyFri May 02 2008, 11:58

Crystal Palace 2 - Burnley 1

(Place to claim the last play-off spot)

Spurs? Probably 1-1, it seem the only result these days!
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyFri May 02 2008, 12:06

Barry Lineker wrote:
Crystal Palace 2 - Burnley 1

(Place to claim the last play-off spot)

Spurs? Probably 1-1, it seem the only result these days!

Are you also a Palace fan? We've now got two as Spur'd On has secret leanings that way.
Back to top Go down
LoubyLou
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
LoubyLou

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyFri May 02 2008, 12:09

2 - 1 Tottenham.

Not watching as working Sad
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyFri May 02 2008, 12:10

Janek wrote:

Are you also a Palace fan? We've now got two as Spur'd On has secret leanings that way.

No not really, I've got a mate who's a Palace fan and it would be nice to be able to take the piss out of him if they do get promoted and end up being just as shit as Derby!

- besides it will at least be a game that means something! I really miss those!
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyFri May 02 2008, 12:50

Barry Lineker wrote:
Janek wrote:

No not really, I've got a mate who's a Palace fan and it would be nice to be able to take the piss out of him if they do get promoted and end up being just as shit as Derby!

- besides it will at least be a game that means something! I really miss those!

Gotcha.

I really hope Southampton get relegated on Sunday, it will be so amusing. Let's see you try and fill your stadium down there, you shitcunts!
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyFri May 02 2008, 12:56

Janek wrote:

I really hope Southampton get relegated on Sunday, it will be so amusing. Let's see you try and fill your stadium down there, you shitcunts!

"I'd luv it, I tell you I'd bloody luv it if they went down"
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyFri May 02 2008, 13:06

yep - Saints for the drop would be a larf... looking at the fixtures, Leicester away to automatic promotion chasing Stoke looks a real toughie, while Saints at home to Sheff Utd who are unlikely to make it into the playoffs, could save them if they get a point.
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyFri May 02 2008, 14:40

1-2

Steed

Kitson , Harper
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptySun May 04 2008, 02:50

1-0 hurrah!

feck, drink, arse, gerls!
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptySun May 04 2008, 20:59

For post match interviews with Robbie Keane and Gus go to

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7368665.stm

Robbie Keane scored the game's only goal as Tottenham's first win in six plunged Reading into the drop zone and in stark danger of relegation.
The Irishman clipped in after good work from Darren Bent, who himself twice went close as Spurs dominated early on.
Reading finally found their feet in the second half and Dave Kitson and Liam Rosenior both forced fabulous saves from Radek Cerny in a tense finale.
But Bent also hit the post for Spurs and the visitors found no way through.
It means the Royals must now get a result against Derby on the last day of the season and hope that Fulham drop points.
However, they may have to sharpen their skills in front of goal as their failure to break down a resolute Spurs defence extended their barren spell in front of goal to six matches and more than 550 minutes. Make your Premier League predictions

It has been a steady slide down the Premier League table for the Royals, who came into the match on a run of just three wins since Christmas and against an opposition who had scored nine goals in three games against them this season.

Coppell admitted his team were second best

They might have received a fillip before the game when Dimitar Berbatov's name was not on the Spurs team-sheet because of a groin injury, but it is hard to imagine the Bulgarian tormenting the home defence much more than Keane and Bent did in an utterly one-sided first half.
Bent, in just his 11th start of the season, was full of running and he got the first chance of the match when he dashed behind the Reading defence to force a good stop with his feet from home keeper Marcus Hahnemann.

Keane says his team's performance over the season has 'not been good enough'

Keane, alongside the impressive Steed Malbranque, was allowed the freedom of the Madejski Stadium as Spurs dominated possession, and it was the Irishman who broke the deadlock on 16 minutes, dancing past a couple of defenders in the box following Bent's driving run before clipping into the corner superbly.
Any hope the goal might wake the hosts from their slumber was extinguished with Spurs comfortable and, after Keane's free-kick had been palmed away, Malbranque clipped in what would have been a brilliant second but for an incorrect offside call from the officials.

Reading Vs Tottenham O606: DEBATE
Your thoughts on the match
Leroy Lita and Kevin Doyle did their best to ensure Spurs' defenders were kept on their toes at the other end, but found Jonathan Woodgate and Michael Dawson in unrelenting mood.
And only a desperate saving tackle from Liam Rosenior on Keane in the box kept the score to 1-0 as Reading trudged off at half-time punch-drunk.
Something had to change at the break for the hosts but for the first five minutes of the second half, Spurs picked up where they left off - Malbranque prodding wide on the stretch five yards out from Keane's cross-shot and Bent denied seven yards out by Nicky Shorey's fabulous block.
However, as news of relegation rivals Fulham's lead against Birmingham filtered into the ground, Reading suddenly found their feet.

Poyet was pleased with the clean sheet

Lita was at the heart of the hosts' good play in a spell that had Spurs reeling a little, and Andre Bikey almost snatched an equaliser when his 20-yard drive was deflected over his own bar by Didier Zokora.
At just 1-0 up, as has so often been the case of late, Spurs looked vulnerable, and substitute Marek Matejovsky might have done better when his shot from the edge of the area drifted wide of Radek Cerny's goal.
With time running down the match was truly end to end, Reading finally full of puff and Spurs looking to score on the counter - something they almost pulled off when Bent broke and smashed a drive on to the bottom of the post late in the game.
Still, there was time for Reading to salvage something and only Cerny in the Spurs goal prevented them doing so, the Czech brilliantly stopping Kitson's near-post shot from eight yards before pulling off an even better stop from Rosenior's 20-yard drive.
It was as close as Reading got in the end, Tottenham's first clean sheet in nearly two months and only their third away win all season ensuring the Royals must endure the final day of the campaign relying on other results to go their way.

<LI>
Reading manager Steve Coppell:
"Tottenham were unbelievable and we found it almost impossible to contain them. They've massively under-achieved this season in the league, and we struggled to match their quality.
"We've been fully aware all season of the trouble we could be - and now are - in, but there's no point looking back. We know what we've got to do next week now - we have to win.
"We've got the stomach for the fight, no question, but we need to win. We might be lacking in confidence and a bit of belief right now, but we will prepare ourselves for a final day of enormous proportions."

<LI>
Tottenham first-team coach Gus Poyet:
"I think we played a great game. It was always going to be difficult because of what Reading are playing for, but I'm very pleased with our performance.
"We kept the ball well, created chances and kept a clean sheet. We totally deserved the win, although it's obviously frustrating when you dominate a match so much and only score one goal.
"There's one week to go of the season now and the first thing we have to do is win against Liverpool next week. Then comes the other side of the job - the phone calls, the meetings and making sure we are all totally prepared for the challenges of next season."

We're gonna have a good, no.... make that, a very good '08/ 09 season. ... I can't wait for August to come round bounce</LI>
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyMon May 05 2008, 10:47

in which Ramos dealt a blow for the wrist slashers by inspiring Spurs to play some great football at times on Staurday. I thought the first half we played excellent stuff and, although Reading may be for the chop, we certainly made sure they didn't come alive and snatch the three points we usually hand on a silver platter for teams at this end of the table and at this point in the season. We contained them, made them look very ordinary (which they are I guess) and indeed played some of the best football we have all season. Jenas had his one game in four, Steeed was as tirless as ever and Bent was cruely denied a goal by hitting the post but for me the man of the match was Cerny who pulled off some amazing saves almost single handedly sending Reading back to the Championship. If we get shot of the quiet stopper during the closed season it will be a crime.

All in all Spurs, again, played within themselves but I feel big things are ahead of us next season.
Back to top Go down
postie
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
postie

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyMon May 05 2008, 11:12

Agree Dan , feel there is a place for Cerny at Spurs
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyMon May 05 2008, 11:25

Gotta keep him Cam
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyMon May 05 2008, 12:10

We couldn't kill off a team that hasn't scored in ages and Cerny's save prevented the possible embarrassment of yet another 1 - 1 scoreline. Cause for optimism??? I need some of that stuff others are on cos I thought we looked rather mediocre against a team that looked utterly demoralised and ready for the drop.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyMon May 05 2008, 14:12

ozspur wrote:
We couldn't kill off a team that hasn't scored in ages and Cerny's save prevented the possible embarrassment of yet another 1 - 1 scoreline. Cause for optimism??? I need some of that stuff others are on cos I thought we looked rather mediocre against a team that looked utterly demoralised and ready for the drop.

'kin hell Ozspur... Rolling Eyes

...I'd like to know whose rose tinted glasses you've been wearing lately, as I can't recall a better time to be a Tottenham Hotspur supporter in the past 20 long years !
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyMon May 05 2008, 14:53

ozspur wrote:

has to be a wind up...
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham EmptyMon May 05 2008, 23:27

Thai TV highlights.

http://harryhotspur.blogspot.com/2008/05/spurs-boris-win-but-taarabt-hands-in.html

What a peach of a goal the 1st was. If that was the gooners or manure goal it would be replayed over and over again. That's football of the highest quality passing and movement folks (and no Berba).

Thought Bent was unlucky striking the woodwork and we was robbed of our rightful 2nd with Malbranque's goal after more good football from keano and bent.

When the fuck is FIFA and UEFA gonna do the right thing and introduce instant TV replays? It works magic for rugby and cricket FFS! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading Vs Tottenham   Reading Vs Tottenham Empty

Back to top Go down

Reading Vs Tottenham
Page 1 of 1