Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Gareth Barry

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Gareth Barry Empty
PostSubject: Gareth Barry   Gareth Barry EmptyThu May 08 2008, 07:47

BREAKING GOSSIP

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7387081.stm

Tottenham are battling it out with Valencia for the signature of Real Zaragoza striker Sergio Garcia, who manager Juande Ramos tried to sign for Sevilla last summer. (sports.setanta.com, 1420 BST)

Manchester United are eyeing a move for 20-year-old Bolivian striker Marcelo Moreno who plays in Brazil for Cruzeiro. (Skysports.com, 1400 BST)

Tottenham are also in talks with Barcelona to sign their Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o, sports daily Marca reporting. (AFP, 1236 BST)
Middlesbrough midfielder Fabio Rochemback, a free agent, is set to meet with former club Sporting Lisbon to discuss a move back to Portugal. (Skysports.com, 1200 BST)

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill has admitted keeping Liverpool-target Gareth Barry will be his top priority this summer. (Football365.com, 1132 BST) ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... Let's get the other Gareth onboard!

He could be our modern day Steve Perryman and a great partner for Modric, to help aclimatize to the Prem and see his potential realized.

I'm a little bit concerned that having our 2 central midfield berth's occupied by 2 players with no prem experience could be risky.

A central midfield partnership of Barry and Modric would be my dream come true this summer. drunken

....C'mon Levy, we all know you knick your best ideas from SiHK forum ! !!
Back to top Go down
postie
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
postie

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Gareth Barry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gareth Barry   Gareth Barry EmptyThu May 08 2008, 08:24

Thought he was a done deal with Liverpool , if not cannot agree more has plenty of aggro in him which has been missing in midfield , a very good signing if we can get him , well spotted Jason .
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Gareth Barry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gareth Barry   Gareth Barry EmptyThu May 08 2008, 09:58

I must say, there are very few English players I'm particularly impressed with these days. Gareth Barry is one player that would appeal. If for no other reason than having bags of Premiership experience (so would take little to accomodate into the team) and he's actually a Yid! Tottenham through and through apparently. Oh, and he's an extremely versatile player too. For 8 - 10m I'd go for him.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Gareth Barry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gareth Barry   Gareth Barry EmptySat May 10 2008, 07:37

MON is mega pissed with Benitez.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7392999.stm

Come home Gareth !
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Gareth Barry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gareth Barry   Gareth Barry EmptySat May 31 2008, 07:33

Steven Gerrard has said he is "desperate" for Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry to join him at Liverpool.

Barry, who is expected to lead England against Trinidad & Tobago on Sunday, will talk about his future after he returns from international duty.

"I want Gareth Barry to become a Liverpool player. I am desperate for us to sign him," said Gerrard.

"He's a good player. I want Liverpool to be as strong as possible and Gareth Barry will certainly make us stronger."

Gerrard's comments are likely to rile Villa manager Martin O'Neill who has already criticised Liverpool's handling of the situation.

O'Neill is determined to keep hold of his captain and earlier this month claimed Liverpool's £10m cash plus player bid undervalued the midfielder.

I think Gareth is 27 now and he needs to play Champions League football

Steven Gerrard
But Gerrard, a good friend of the 27-year-old, believed Barry, who has two years remaining on his contract, needed to play Champions League football.

"Gareth Barry is someone who will improve Liverpool. We can't be disrespectful to Villa. He is still their player and we will see what happens," said Gerrard.

"Naturally, they are going to try and keep hold of him, and rightly so because he is one of their star men. He has been a fantastic servant for them over many years.

"I know all about Gareth, I am good friends with him off the pitch and I am desperate for us to sign him.

"You talk about improving the team, the starting XI and the squad, and Gareth will certainly help Liverpool to become a better team.

"It is easy to play with good players. I've been asked a lot of questions this season about Fernando Torres and the simple answer is 'it's easier playing with quality players' - and Gareth comes into that category."

Barry has only ever played for Villa and is due a testimonial, having signed professional forms with the club in February 1998.

Gerrard added: "I am sure Gareth will find it hard to leave Villa. He has been fantastic foi them but, in football, sometimes opportunities come along where you can better your career.

"I think Gareth is 27 now and he needs to play Champions League football. In my opinion, he needs that now.

"I've enjoyed playing with him for England. He is quite an easy player to play with. He keeps it simple, he is easy to read and I certainly enjoy playing with him because I've got a good relationship on and off the pitch."

Talk about 'tapping up' a player... is Gerard above the law or somefink ? Rolling Eyes

MON must be FURIOUS! Hope this greases his "boy-hood dreams" to play for Spurs, somehow.

Hopefully we are making some headway in the negotiations, for Pool to be loosing their cool. huh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gareth Barry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gareth Barry   Gareth Barry Empty

Back to top Go down

Gareth Barry
Page 1 of 1