Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Ghastly heading back to The Lane

Go down 
+5
Barry Lineker
Janek
Linesmann
postie
Hairy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Ghastly heading back to The Lane Empty
PostSubject: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyThu May 15 2008, 23:44

from BBC Sport today. ..

Ghaly will be moving on - Jewell

<table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><tr><td>Ghastly heading back to The Lane _44659532_ghaly_203 Ghaly is keen to play top-flight football next season

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Derby manager Paul Jewell has revealed he will not be signing on-loan Tottenham midfielder Hossam Ghaly.
The Egyptian joined Derby in January but would now prefer to stay in the top flight after the Rams were relegated.
Jewell said: "When I spoke to Hossam he said he would like to stay in the Premier League but if he couldn't find anything, he would come to Derby.
"But Hossam has played his last game for us now, I think, and we will be looking elsewhere."

<table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><tr><td width=5>Ghastly heading back to The Lane O</TD>
<td class=sib606>606: DEBATE
Who will be the next to leave Derby
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Derby will drop down to the Championship next season after a woeful 2007-2008 campaign in which they won only one league game.
Their 11-point total was the worst by a Premier League team.

11 points after 42 games. How demoralizing is that ! Shocked

... and you thought we had a bad season.
Back to top Go down
postie
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
postie

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyFri May 16 2008, 07:27

I say let him line up and sign on each day , not one dollar should be spent helping this shit head .
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyFri May 16 2008, 08:45

From what I've seen of them, I reckon KPB and Ghastly are quite similar in terms of ability. .. I think I can see a pattern emerging Holy Comolli, and the message ought to be.. WE NEED BETTER !

PROVEN, not POTENTIAL talent and we need it NOW.
Back to top Go down
postie
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
postie

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyFri May 16 2008, 08:49

I am a fan of Kpb , as prev post would show , think we need a little more time on this i think maybe a problem child however Ghastly you my lad can Fuck Off .
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyFri May 16 2008, 09:01

Now this is more like it...

Ghastly heading back to The Lane News_10900 Spurs to battle Liverpool for two signings

<table><tr><td>
England pair David Bentley and Gareth Barry could both be targeted as Spurs look to bolster their midfield.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Following reports in the press that Spurs are interested in Blackburn Rovers midfielder David Bentley, TPC can confirm that the player is on the wanted list of Juande Ramos although Spurs face a battle to secure his services given interest from Liverpool.

Reports suggested that the talented ex-Arsenal youngster would cost around £15m but this seems an excessive figure and it would be a surprise if Spurs blow a sizeable chunk of their transfer budget on this player at that price. Any move for Bentley would cast further doubt on the future of Aaron Lennon at White Hart Lane.

Meanwhile, Spurs could be set to snare Gareth Barry from under the noses of the Anfield club too. The Aston Villa star, who has had an outstanding season, is believed to favour a move to London over Merseyside according to COYS sources. Barry had been revitalised in a holding midfield role this season and with Spurs desperately seeking more strength in that area, it could be that a large offer is made to snare the England international.

drunken ...Gareth Barry would be an AWESOME signing. He's EXACTLY who we need for that CM berth. IF he were to choose us over Liverpool, he could easily go on to become a legend at WHL ! !!
Back to top Go down
postie
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
postie

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyFri May 16 2008, 09:20

Spot on my very fine lad
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyFri May 16 2008, 13:29

List him on ebay
Back to top Go down
postie
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
postie

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyFri May 16 2008, 13:34

Sell him to the Nigerian E Bay Fraudsters .
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyFri May 16 2008, 13:34

I think a lot of people are unfair on Ghaly. Yes, he threw his Spurs shirt on the floor. However, there were mitigating circumstances in that he was a sub being subbed and the fans had booed him. No excuse, just the circumstances it happened in.

I note that people don't have a go at Keane and Defoe for their stroppiness at being subbed in recent seasons.

Don't forget that Ghaly played well for us in the 2006/7 season. I think he played in over 30 games, scored 3 or 4 goals and provided numerous assists. He seemed particularly adept at winning penalties and I recall his driving run and goal at Chelski in the FA Cup.

I thought it was a shame that his stupidity ended his Spurs career. I think that he wd've contributed more than, for example, KPB, this season if he had progressed as he shd've done.

Another point is the financial aspect. We had a GBP3m deal from Brum last season, which we lost again cos of Ghaly's stupidity. I wd hope that we cd get at least GBP1m from someone for him, maybe one of the promoted clubs.
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyFri May 16 2008, 18:49

postie wrote:
Sell him to the Nigerian E Bay Fraudsters .

If they would have him?
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyFri May 16 2008, 23:57

Hairy wrote:
Now this is more like it...

Ghastly heading back to The Lane News_10900

drunken ...Gareth Barry would be an AWESOME signing. He's EXACTLY who we need for that CM berth. IF he were to choose us over Liverpool, he could easily go on to become a legend at WHL ! !!

Yes indeed. An ideal signing.

And he's a Yiddo!
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyFri May 16 2008, 23:59

Janek wrote:
I think a lot of people are unfair on Ghaly. Yes, he threw his Spurs shirt on the floor. However, there were mitigating circumstances in that he was a sub being subbed and the fans had booed him. No excuse, just the circumstances it happened in.

I note that people don't have a go at Keane and Defoe for their stroppiness at being subbed in recent seasons.

Don't forget that Ghaly played well for us in the 2006/7 season. I think he played in over 30 games, scored 3 or 4 goals and provided numerous assists. He seemed particularly adept at winning penalties and I recall his driving run and goal at Chelski in the FA Cup.

I thought it was a shame that his stupidity ended his Spurs career. I think that he wd've contributed more than, for example, KPB, this season if he had progressed as he shd've done.

Another point is the financial aspect. We had a GBP3m deal from Brum last season, which we lost again cos of Ghaly's stupidity. I wd hope that we cd get at least GBP1m from someone for him, maybe one of the promoted clubs.

I agree Janek. He's a perfectly fine football player and certainly more consistent that JJ and Lennon, and more talented than the likes of OHara.
Shame about his attitude (but then that also can be said of many)
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyMon May 19 2008, 13:05

Hairy wrote:
From what I've seen of them, I reckon KPB and Ghastly are quite similar in terms of ability. .. I think I can see a pattern emerging Holy Comolli, and the message ought to be.. WE NEED BETTER !

PROVEN, not POTENTIAL talent and we need it NOW.

Can't agree more!
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyMon May 19 2008, 15:41

Janek wrote:

they were booing him because he was rubbish and had been all the time he was playing for the club. It wasn't a one off thing it was over a long period of time. He was shite on the night and he knew it and to do that to our shirt is the ultimate snub to our club, its fans and its fine traditions

Janek wrote:
I note that people don't have a go at Keane and Defoe for their stroppiness at being subbed in recent seasons..

kicking a water bottle is hardly in the same league is it?

Janek wrote:
Don't forget that Ghaly played well for us in the 2006/7 season. I think he played in over 30 games, scored 3 or 4 goals and provided numerous assists. He seemed particularly adept at winning penalties and I recall his driving run and goal at Chelski in the FA Cup. .

patchy at best and his four goals paper over the cracks. Is he Spurs player? Is he what we need to break top 4? Or was he another comolioo dud? We all know the answer to that one.

Janek wrote:
I thought it was a shame that his stupidity ended his Spurs career. I think that he wd've contributed more than, for example, KPB, this season if he had progressed as he shd've done..

fuck him. He'll live.

Janek wrote:

burn him and stone him to death outside the lane
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyMon May 19 2008, 15:47

Number 10 wrote:
Janek wrote:

I agree Janek. He's a perfectly fine football player and certainly more consistent that JJ and Lennon, and more talented than the likes of OHara.
Shame about his attitude (but then that also can be said of many)

I'll have whatever you're drinking
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyMon May 19 2008, 16:03

I agree, Ghaly is a poor player. If Derby hadn't got relegated he would have stayed there. And that's his level. Likewise, Birmingham nearly bought him. Again, that's his level.

Unfortunately us Spurs fans have grown to accept mediocrity for the last 20 years. It seems astonishing to me that we recognise, admire and long for world class strikers and wingers (and we often get them), but our standards are SO much lower when it comes to midfield and defensive players. None more so than in recent seasons when it seems we've bought all manner of average to shite players to our club. Ghaly is just one of many. For example, the likes of Murphy, Davis, Lee, Atouba, Reid, KPB, Stalteri, Kaboul ( the list is endless) simply do not cut the mustard at the highest level in the premiership and would never enable us to progress.

Our strategy for purchasing players in the last 5 seasons has largely failed.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyMon May 19 2008, 17:47

Yes, we are talking about Gattuso / Modric / Ronaldinho in one second, and we are talking about Ghaly / O'Hara / Murphy in the other.

We need top top class players to achieve the 4th spot we are all creaming for. There is no room for Ghaly in our search for 4th.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyMon May 19 2008, 20:25

Obviously he's not in the same league as the likes of Modric, but he's still a reasonably good player and not really any different from our current midfield. It's patently not the case to say that he's rubbish. He's pretty solid. Unfortunately, he's obviously a bit of a twat.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyMon May 19 2008, 21:21

That's because our current midfield is crap really and no competition for the current top 4.

We simply haven't replaced Edgar Davids and Michael Carrick. Modric is a good start. Dos Santos + Gareth Barry and I'll shit myself ! affraid
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane EmptyTue May 20 2008, 15:50

Ghastly and ZOK! next season and I too will shit myself for totally different reasons...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghastly heading back to The Lane   Ghastly heading back to The Lane Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghastly heading back to The Lane
Page 1 of 1