Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria

Go down 
+3
DannyBoy
spur'don
Hairy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria Empty
PostSubject: Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria   Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria EmptyTue Jul 03 2007, 22:06

From BBC Sport

Sampdoria make Ziegler deal permanent

Reto Ziegler has joined Sampdoria from Tottenham on a permanent deal.

The Switzerland international, 21, spent the second half of last season on loan with the Genoa club.

'I feel good at Sampdoria,' Ziegler said.

'This is the right club for me to improve as a player.'

Ziegler joined Tottenham in August 2004 from Swiss side Grasshopper, but started just 12 league games for Spurs.

He also had spells on loan at Hamburg and Wigan over the past two years.

Thanks and good luck.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria   Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria EmptyTue Jul 03 2007, 23:09

He never quite fulfilled his potential. Didn't exactly set the world a light out on loan either.

Any idea of the transfer fee ? Presume we got something ?
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria   Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria EmptyTue Jul 03 2007, 23:32

I read somewhere 1.4 million
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria   Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria EmptyTue Jul 03 2007, 23:45

He was our Young Player of the Year when he first joined. That really shows how much we have moved on. Good sign for us and good luck to him!
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria   Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria EmptyWed Jul 04 2007, 00:25

He was really impressed me when he first joined
I still remeber the goal he scored against Everton

He spent most of the time on the bench than the pitch when he was loaned to whether Hamburg nor The Latics. So finally he hadn't been choosed by the Swiss National Team Manager in WC 2006

Start showning out his potential in Sampdoria

Hope he can get more chances in next season , keep progessing.
And play in the EURO 2008 at his home

GD luck Reto
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria   Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria EmptyWed Jul 04 2007, 03:54

Always liked him but obviously didn't fit the bill at Spurs - reckon we'll be hearing more of him in the coming years
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria   Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria EmptyWed Jul 04 2007, 10:50

I never felt he got a proper run in the first team. You wonder what goes on behind the scenes that influences Jol's selection - training ground incident or personality clash. Given our weakness on the left I was surprised he wasn't given a run of 7-8 games to show us what he could do.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria   Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria EmptyWed Jul 04 2007, 17:59

spur'don wrote:
I never felt he got a proper run in the first team. You wonder what goes on behind the scenes that influences Jol's selection - training ground incident or personality clash. Given our weakness on the left I was surprised he wasn't given a run of 7-8 games to show us what he could do.

I agree, Jezza. I really think he should have been given more opportunities to prove himself, esp in view of our problems on the left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria   Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria Empty

Back to top Go down

Zeigler Seals Trabsfer to Sampodoria
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Only THFC :: Tottenham transfers, news, gossip and ITK-
Jump to: