Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk

Go down 
+2
James
postie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
postie
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
postie

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk Empty
PostSubject: Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk   Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk EmptyTue May 20 2008, 17:28

Fellow Yids

Looking to buy a new mobile phone , can anyone recommend places in Hk to buy a phone , would like some ideas . Thanks Coys
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk   Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk EmptyTue May 20 2008, 17:33

Go to the bigger stores like 'Fortress' or 'Broadway'. You can find those shops everywhere and from where you will be staying, you can find both shops on Nathan Road easily.

You may be able to buy them cheaper in the smaller shops in Mongkok but I suggest you go to the bigger shops just to be safe
Back to top Go down
postie
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
postie

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk   Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk EmptyTue May 20 2008, 18:07

Ok James thankyou , hope we can catch up for a few beers
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk   Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk EmptyTue May 20 2008, 18:14

The Massive Mobile Phone Shopping Mall in Mong Kok.

it's 20-30% cheaper than the fortress type places. Gone are the days when they gave you an old phone in a new case and you can ask them to double check the serial no.s to prove it's brand new anyway.

- go on, you know it makes sense...
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk   Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk EmptyTue May 20 2008, 21:05

Ahem!!!!
I think you're looking for SmarTone-Vodafone. Cool
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk   Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk EmptyWed May 21 2008, 01:51

ezza wrote:
Ahem!!!!
I think you're looking for SmarTone-Vodafone. Cool

Join the elite club. We rule !!!
Back to top Go down
postie
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
postie

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk   Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk EmptyWed May 21 2008, 06:47

Ezza

Can you adv any new model types .
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk   Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk EmptyWed May 21 2008, 09:40

Ezza, hi.

This subject has been giving me massive grief over the past few weeks.

I'm after one of the those handheld email/phone devices, which you would think, should be easy enough.

However, much to my frustration, trying to find a good one with A FULL QUERTY keyboard has been impossible.

Motorola has one. Looks and feels cheap as cardboard. HMC has one, but again it looks like a brick compared to the Blackberry Curve. About the best one I've seen is the Nokia E61i and even though it looks its age, it's also out of stock at Smartone shops.

According to my IT guy, I can't get a Blackberry because our server can't hack more than 50 (handsets) at a time. Is that bullshit? I can't tell.

I'd love to get another Blackberry (especially as I'm going to pay for it myself anyway), but how to defeat my IT mother f**** ? ??
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk   Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk EmptyWed May 21 2008, 10:22

Hairy, BlackBerry's rule. I've pm'd you with advise. btw, if you can hold out 'til july/aug time frame, RIM will be launching a new 3G BB called BlackBerry Bold. We'll be first locally to bring it to market.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk   Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk EmptyWed May 21 2008, 10:25

Postie, the hottest new mobile we're carrying is the AQUOS Sharp SX862. It's only been in market for 1 week. Not available outside of Japan. I guess you're looking for handset only which we retail for just under HK$6000.......reassuringly expensive! Laughing

Find out more at www.smartone-vodafone.com
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk   Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk EmptyWed May 21 2008, 10:46

Iphone 8GB is still selling at $4000.

I am still loving it - it is the investment of the year.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk   Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk EmptyWed May 21 2008, 11:02

I believe (unconfirmed) the iPhone should be officially available In Australia by June/July timeframe. I think two operators will offer it - Telstra and Vodafone. It may well be the 3G version they'll launch.

As yet, no confirmation or credible reports that the iPhone will be offered officially by any operator here in HK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk   Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to buy Mobile Phone in Hk
Page 1 of 1