Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Airline Research

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Airline Research Empty
PostSubject: Airline Research   Airline Research EmptyThu May 22 2008, 16:48

Got a phone call from a market research agency who are conducting a large-scale research study on behalf of Cathay Pacific. They want me to attend a focus group discussion tomorrow evening to chat about CX service. Plus they are willing to pay !!

Probably say no though I'm tempted to go just to let rip about my awful flight on Monday.
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Airline Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Research   Airline Research EmptyThu May 22 2008, 17:10

As a leading authority on the subject of passenger aviation, I'd say you are duty bound to go. Who else will be able to give them such wisdom?
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Airline Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Research   Airline Research EmptyThu May 22 2008, 17:23

Who indeed.

Several things I find annoying on CX.

1). Foot rest. It gets in the way and doesn't lift up tight enough to the seat in front. Always hit my shin when stretching my legs.
2). Entertainment box on aisle seats takes up 40% of the space under the seat in front.
3). Annoucements in 3 different languanges. Just do it Cantonese - it's a HK airline. Most of us have sufficient intellgience to know the seat belt sign means fasten. Those that don't deserve to die in turbulence.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Airline Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Research   Airline Research EmptyThu May 22 2008, 17:25

They must've heard of your expertise in the field...
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Airline Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Research   Airline Research EmptyThu May 22 2008, 18:07

Jezza, I used to fly regularly with BA. Used to spend half my life in mid air, the other half in hotel rooms. I participated very enthusiastically whenever airlines and hotels asked for my opinion in various research as it's better to try to directly influence something that was a huge part of my life. I did quite a few focus groups for BA. I remember one particular group right after having a terrible experience on their flight. As you can imagine I didn't hold back in telling them where they'd gone wrong. I remember a few "crunts" and "borrox" being thrown in. It worked. A few days later I received a free return flight to any destination in Europe. It pays to participate and I mean that as a consumer as well as a marketer by profession.
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Airline Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Research   Airline Research EmptyThu May 22 2008, 18:52

I just got the call too, next monday 6:30pm at the Admiralty Centre. I said no, far too busy next week, but they have clearly identified the people in Hong Kong who's opinion matters!

Hats off to Cathay Pacific!
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Airline Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Research   Airline Research EmptyThu May 22 2008, 19:01

How much did they offer you ?

Told me they pay either $1,200 or 8,000 Asia miles. I'm not in it for the money though. I want to air my grevances as I'm sick of CX. Only reason I fly them is for their safety record and use of their business class lounge.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Airline Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Research   Airline Research EmptyFri May 23 2008, 08:27

I hope China Eastern will do this as i have a few suggestions such as 'try and remember the airport you are landing at is the one you announce once said aircraft has landed...not the one you have taken off from' or 'try and do the English announcements in English'

Judging by the aircraft size I would guess that they will do their public consultation in Fairwood with a free soft drink with every meal
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Airline Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Research   Airline Research EmptyFri May 23 2008, 10:41

"......and finally, tell the pilot to reach a cruising altitude of 37,000 ft within 20 minutes of takeover, not 4 hours into the flight !!!"
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Airline Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Research   Airline Research EmptyFri May 23 2008, 10:55

spur'don wrote:
How much did they offer you ?

Told me they pay either $1,200 or 8,000 Asia miles. I'm not in it for the money though. I want to air my grevances as I'm sick of CX. Only reason I fly them is for their safety record and use of their business class lounge.

We didn't get around to money as I already said I am too busy next week, but I guess they would have at least doubled the offer for such a worthy opinion! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Airline Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Research   Airline Research EmptyFri May 23 2008, 14:45

Daniel wrote:
I hope China Eastern will do this as i have a few suggestions such as 'try and remember the airport you are landing at is the one you announce once said aircraft has landed...not the one you have taken off from' or 'try and do the English announcements in English'

Judging by the aircraft size I would guess that they will do their public consultation in Fairwood with a free soft drink with every meal

Why do you fly China Eastern? Do you have no respect for your own life?
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Airline Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Research   Airline Research EmptyFri May 23 2008, 15:22

I was thinking the same.

Actually, most of the international flights are okay, however I am more cautious with domestic travel. Took a flight with Xiamen Airlines from Shanghai to Fuzhou several months ago. Never again !!
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Airline Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Research   Airline Research EmptyFri May 23 2008, 15:40

spur'don wrote:
I was thinking the same.

Actually, most of the international flights are okay, however I am more cautious with domestic travel. Took a flight with Xiamen Airlines from Shanghai to Fuzhou several months ago. Never again !!

Did you actually have seats, or did some people stand up?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Airline Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Research   Airline Research EmptyFri May 23 2008, 16:52

All the internal flights aroud China I have been on have been fine (even Air Shezhen) but even I would balk at Xiamen airlines. How did you do it Jez? A few drinkies before hand?

The flight was booked for me so I had little choice but it wasn't bad at all - Dragon Air fly the same types of Airbus so whats the big deal daddy-o?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Airline Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Research   Airline Research EmptyFri May 23 2008, 16:58

Quote :
so whats the big deal daddy-o?

A different standard/class of pilot and maintenance. Oh, and toilet facilities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Airline Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Research   Airline Research Empty

Back to top Go down

Airline Research
Page 1 of 1