Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke

Go down 
+2
spur'don
IanG
6 posters
AuthorMessage
IanG
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
IanG

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke Empty
PostSubject: Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke   Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke EmptyTue Jul 17 2007, 13:17

Henry divorce 'could cost him £7m'

The wife of footballer Thierry Henry can expect a multimillion-pound payout in any divorce settlement, legal experts said.

The former Arsenal striker's wife Claire, also known by her modelling name Nicole Merry, can expect to walk away from the four-year marriage with up to £7 million, commentators predicted.

French international Henry, who recently signed for FC Barcelona in a £16 million transfer deal, said he was "extremely saddened" at the breakdown of his marriage to the model, who starred alongside him in the famous "va va voom" adverts for Renault Clio.

The couple, who married in a lavish ceremony at Highclere Castle, Berkshire, in July 2003, have a two-year-old daughter Tea.

Marilyn Stowe, of Grahame Stowe Bateson, said any settlement would leave Ms Merry a "very wealthy woman" but she said it was unlikely that she would receive half of Henry's estimated £21 million fortune.

Henry could argue that he made a "stellar contribution" to the marriage through his footballing earnings. "It is hard to imagine someone who is more successful in his field than Thierry Henry. He is one of the best footballers in the world, if he cannot make the stellar contribution argument who can?" she said.

Mrs Stowe said the courts would look at how much money was made before the marriage and how much the couple earned while they were married, when deciding a settlement. A court would also ensure their daughter was well provided for.

"She is going to be extremely comfortable, with substantial maintenance for the child," Mrs Stowe said.

"I would have thought she would get between £6 and 7 million. I think the court would take the view that because he has been so successful it would be inappropriate to divide the assets 50/50 but they would weigh that against her needs and lifestyle."

She said the couple have the option of divorcing in Britain or France.
jocolor Laughing Laughing Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke   Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke EmptyTue Jul 17 2007, 13:57

cheers

Serves him right !
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke   Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke EmptyTue Jul 17 2007, 15:39

Bit harsh, lads - real life v football.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke   Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke EmptyTue Jul 17 2007, 15:56

scratch mmmmmm?

Nah !

Laughing
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke   Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke EmptyTue Jul 17 2007, 16:12

IanG wrote:
he made a "stellar contribution" to the marriage

Some say that about me and my marriage although my contribution is of the liquid variety
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke   Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke EmptyTue Jul 17 2007, 16:14

Afraid I'm with GDG on this one.

Now Scumball on the other hand...
Back to top Go down
IanG
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
IanG

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke   Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke EmptyTue Jul 17 2007, 16:30

Maybe a little scynical as i'm on wife #3.
:fight:
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke   Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke EmptyTue Jul 17 2007, 23:25

word on the streets was that old peanut head was always playing away years before this news broke. So, on the basis of being a cheat in his love life, a cheat on the pitch and having an affection for the south London vermin I agree wid Ian G
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke   Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke Empty

Back to top Go down

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke
Page 1 of 1