Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom

Go down 
+7
James
DannyBoy
IanG
eldenng
spur'don
GDG
Hairy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom Empty
PostSubject: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 01:34

YESCH PLEASE B :bmj:

£8m Kallstrom bid?
By Neil Vaughan

THE SUNDAY MIRROR are reporting that Tottenham Hotspur are set to make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom.

The Swedish midfielder is currently playing his football for French champions Lyon and is now said to be at the top of Tottenham's shopping list.

The 24-year-old is left footed but likes to play behind the two strikers, since he has the vision to cut open defences.

Kallstrom, who has been capped 33 times by Sweden is also known for his powerful shooting and his impressive goal tally from midfield.

This would take the biscuit, no ? !?! ?!?! Laughing

Yesch please indeedy ...Kallstrom would be IDEAL... His name has been bandied about for a few years now. hopefully he'll want to sign with us this time round ! !!

study
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 01:46

Sounds like Manure are keen on signing Leighton Baines from Wigan... shame, he's a good little (left) player Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 09:07

See my little summary about him elsewhere, looks like a good player does Baines. Kallstrom? Another one out of the blue for me, I'm so out of touch - but if he's doing well for Lyon he must be good, nothing shabby about Lyon.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 10:56

GDG wrote:
See my little summary about him elsewhere, looks like a good player does Baines. Kallstrom? Another one out of the blue for me, I'm so out of touch - but if he's doing well for Lyon he must be good, nothing shabby about Lyon.

Me too. Don't know much about him. However, wasn't really up to speed on Petrov either and I rather prefer the idea of signing a 24yrs LM than an injury prone 28yr old.
Back to top Go down
eldenng
David Tuttle
David Tuttle
eldenng

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 12:15

Hey guys, here is the vids for Kim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlqcVvmpVH0

(p.s. I think that it is just a fan's video, if there are any violation on copyright, please delete it, thanks)
Back to top Go down
eldenng
David Tuttle
David Tuttle
eldenng

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 12:17

Hey guys, here is the vids for Kim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlqcVvmpVH0

(p.s. I think that it is just a fan's video, if there are any violation on copyright, please delete it, thanks)

Also, if unlucky, we can't buy any player b4 the end of transfer window, I think that Jol should try more young kids like Rose, Adel, Huddlestone to be first team shot. Same as Carrick case, he is underestimated by others and now, he is one of the big star in Man U already.
Back to top Go down
IanG
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
IanG

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 12:41

Looks the Dogs B*ll*cks, want him, want him, want him :bmj:
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 12:44

Despite the fact that with the right editing you could probably make Atouba look like a world-beater on youtube, I want him at spurs.
C'mon :bmj: get your finger out.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 13:01

He was a CM (now FM) legend
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 13:03

that's how souness used to base his signing on James!
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 13:10

bounce He's skillful and i'd love to see him wear Spurs' shirt

. However, he's slow and likes playing in the centre rather than running down to left side
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 13:15

Quote :
However, he's slow and likes playing in the centre rather than running down to left side

Bah.

Damn you Petrov.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 13:22

By pursuing Petrov, Jol does at least recognise LM requires attention. A new face will arrive before end of August.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 17:44

Copied from wikipedia.

Kim Källström [kɪm 'ɕɛlˌstrœm] (born August 24, 1982 in Sandviken, Sweden) is a left-footed Swedish midfielder playing for the Swedish national team and Olympique Lyonnais. He has a powerful shot, which once knocked out his team-mate Andreas Isaksson during training prior to the 2006 World Cup. His nickname is Kongo-Kim. He is also known for sporting a rather unique quiff.

Källström's first professional club in Sweden was BK Häcken from Gothenburg but his big breakthrough in Sweden came when he moved to Djurgårdens IF in 2002, where he won the Swedish Allsvenskan in 2002 and 2003. Being from Gothenburg, it was expected that he would sign for IFK Göteborg. In the spring of 2004 Källström moved to the French club Rennes, where he played together with fellow former Djurgården player Andreas Isaksson.

Källström made his international debut in 2001 against Finland. He played for his country at Euro 2004 and has been capped 45 times scoring 6 goals, as of April 2007.

Källström had an impressive showing in the 2006 World Cup for Sweden. Although he began the tournament on the bench as a substitue, he replaced Anders Svensson for a starting spot against Paraguay, England, and Germany. He had several superb shots as well as an overall impressive showing, both offensively and defensively helping Sweden to reach the second round. On May 26, 2006, he signed with French league champions Olympique Lyonnais.

Euro 2008 qualifying
He scored off of a right-footed blast, just outside of the box in Sweden's 1-0 victory over Latvia on September 2, 2006. This was Sweden's first game of their 2008 European Championship qualifying campaign. On October 11, 2006, Källstrom dazzled the crowd and stunned his Icelandic adversaries with an 8th minute 45 yard rocket that found the back of the net through a sea of bodies. The goal proved to be decisive, as Sweden soundly defeated Iceland 2-1, thus extending their qualification recorded to an immaculate 4-0 and placing them at the head of their group with an achieved maximum of 12 points. On May 8th, 2007, Källstrom underwent a severe injury in a club game that will subsequently sideline him from both upcoming Sweden qualifying games - Iceland (June 2, 2007) and Denmark (June 6, 2007).

Trivia
Källström is a player who has entered into Championship Manager folklore as one of the best buys in the game whilst still playing for Djurgårdens IF and Häcken. He became a very popular transfer target for players of Championship Manager 01/02 in particular. At this stage in his career he was still a little-known player at Häcken. This was because the stats and abilities he was given by the developers did not reflect the player's very low valuation. This meant even the poorest clubs could afford a quality player. He became almost a "cheat" player, and this led to the developers giving him a much more realistic valuation in later editions of the game.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 18:11

kɪm 'ɕɛlˌstrœm? Is he human or Android? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 19:07

Daniel wrote:
kɪm 'ɕɛlˌstrœm? Is he human or Android? Very Happy

You try to do a little research for everyone's benefit and your rewarded with this sarcastic remark !
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 20:12

That Daniel fellow needs some intense therapy... pale

You coming on Wednesday ? Bring your better half (Vivien?) with you
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyMon Jul 30 2007, 23:45

Jas - My wife's name is Mon. As I mentioned in another thread I probably won't be able to make Wed. I'll let you know for sure on the day. Mon said she will watch some of the games with us once she is back from Europe. Big Spurs fan too !!
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 12:17

Hairy will be disappointed by this...found on football365.com

Lyon are determined to hold onto Kim Kallstrom despite interest in England and Spain.

Spurs and Manchester City were among the Premier League clubs pondering a move for the Swedish midfielder and Valencia even made a £7m-plus bid.

But Lyon plan to reject all approaches and want to tie the former Rennes ace to a new long-term deal

"I held talks with Lyon on Friday, where they notified me that they do no want to sell Kim Kallstrom and that they want to negotiate a contract extension," his agent Roger Ljung told Expressen newspaper.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom EmptyFri Aug 03 2007, 13:26

It was only in the Mirror which will print absolutely any old bollocks they like without any necessity for a shred of truth.

Until reported in another serious source (not just sites copying the story), I doubt we're seriously interested in him.

Bah Humbug!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom   Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom Empty

Back to top Go down

Tottenham Hotspur make an £8million move for Kim Kallstrom
Page 1 of 1