Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!

Go down 
+7
Daniel
spur'don
DannyBoy
StewHK
ezza
GDG
Chirpy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chirpy
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
Chirpy

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-07-31

Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 02:05

Fresh from the spurs website lads and lasses

Quote :
We are delighted to announce that we have signed Kevin-Prince Boateng from Hertha Berlin.

A central midfielder, the 20-year-old arrives at the Lane having already played 42 games in Germany’s Bundesliga, scoring four goals. He has also made six appearances in the UEFA Cup.

Boateng progressed through the ranks at Hertha Berlin having initially played for the reserve team in the Regionalliga Nord, where he scored three goals in 18 games in the 2004-05 season aged just 17.

Capped by Germany at youth and Under-21 level, Boateng was awarded the prestigious Fritz Walter Gold Medal Award after being voted Best Young Player in Germany in July, 2006 and went on to contribute 14 assists towards Hertha's goal tally last season.
Back to top Go down
Chirpy
Chirpy

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 02:07

well ... after reading the story ... 14 assists can't be that bad .... we need some-one who can create something from midfield
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 08:59

Could be a good signing, Lord knows we need a good signing for the midfield.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 09:21

I'm v.v. excited about KPB in the squad. If he can have clear run from injury, the lad will go far.

How many hours to go before the Big KO? bounce tongue
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: The Prince   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 10:06

I know this is a signing the management seriously wanted to go through. They know something about the quality of this player others in the buying market do not. Nice one!

By the way, he's an attacking midfielder but does he play in the middle, the left or right I wonder??

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 10:42

I think he's mainly used in the middle Stew.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 11:09

I've aired my doubts in previous threads but now that he has signed I shall put them aside and wish him all the very best. Good luck KPB. Here's to a great career at WHL.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 11:47

If he is a diddy man attacking midfielder I am going to throw my shoes at the screen next Saturday
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 13:01

From what I've read he operates from the centre
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 13:14

Quote :
If he is a diddy man attacking midfielder I am going to throw my shoes at the screen next Saturday

Flip flops or hob-nailed boots?
And make sure you wash your feet pale
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 13:50

We've got a great young midfield line-up now of players aged 20 or under:

RM: Lennon
CM: Huddlestone
CM: Boateng
LM: Taarabt

Also got the young left-winger Rose who is 17 years old.

I hope Jol plays that midefield in the Carling Cup, we can show the strength of our young players like the Goons did last year.
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: Left Hand Side   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 13:52

We haven't yet signed a left sided player have we? I thought this was the area where we are lacking.

We seem to have good cover everywhere else - except I think we still need another quality centre back and sell Mido to tuppence!

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 13:57

Good call Janek. I agree. We should field a younger, less experienced side in every round of the League Cup, irrespective of opposition or progress in the competition. Enables them to get experience, play consistently together and does good things for morale. It also makes step up to first team football when needed that little bit easier.

Players that should not be playing in the carling cup for us include:
ENO, King, Chimbo, Daws, Lee, Zokora, JJ, Tainio, Berb king , Bent, Defoe, Keane.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 14:03

Jol said as much at his end of the season reflection. Said Spurs would have to 'prioritise' cups.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 14:33

Stew - re left sided midfield players, of course we've got Bale who could play there but we also signed Danny Rose from Leeds. However, he's only 17 so I doubt we'll see much of him this season.

I agree that if we could sign a left-sided midfielder and sell the deadwood like Mido and Murphy (and possibly Routledge and Gardener) then our squad is complete for next season. My concern is that we haven't been linked with any lefties since Petrov went to City. Still plenty of time left and we have a tradition of signing at least one player on the actual deadline day.

I saw Jol's comments at the end of last season about prioritising cups. I wdn't be surprised to see us use the squad a lot more in European games. Last season Jol put his best available eleven out in every UEFA Cup game, even the Dinamo Bucharest game when we'd already qualified. Although we had a very good record in league games immediately following the UEFA games (beating Chelski 2-1 being a prime example), I still think it is better to rotate and let players rest a bit more.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 14:55

Janek wrote:
(beating Chelski 2-1 being a prime example)

Thanks for reminding us of that Jan - it was all getting a little depressive round here with Daniels dreams and all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 15:03

my dreams are not always depressing. I once had a dream I was stuck on an Island with Jesica Alba and Angelina Jolie. It was great but the problem was that I was Bella Emburg (ask your parents)
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 15:16

was that one a wet dream ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
THFC1883
THFC1883

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 23:34

i prefer Sienna Guillory.. HAHA
Back to top Go down
chivers

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 23:48

You know, there comes a time when you have to stop being cynical (just about the week before the new season starts) ( funnily enough ) and start to get behind your team. Yes he maybe a one hit wonder, but from my personal perspective of him I am , well, clueless...if he pulls on a Spurs shirt and gives his all I'll repect him 100%....any new lad that comes along must be given the benefit of the doubt....if he is an ass I will be one of the first to mention this....good luck to the fella.....COYS

There is, there is, life after cynicism
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyThu Aug 02 2007, 00:25

Good point.

Majority of Spurs fan respect players who demonstrate 100% commitment when putting on the white shirt. Michael Brown is a good example. A pile of rubbish but ran his socks off for Spurs.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyThu Aug 02 2007, 10:55

Michael Brown is not a good example - he should never have got a game in our team, he was rubbish and for me running around like a headless chicken and clattering in to people on a regular basis was not enough to gain my admiration.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyThu Aug 02 2007, 12:43

GDG wrote:
Michael Brown is not a good example - he should never have got a game in our team, he was rubbish and for me running around like a headless chicken and clattering in to people on a regular basis was not enough to gain my admiration.

Yes but I was at the Fulham v's Spurs game just after he signed. He got a superb reception from the fans - he didn't criticise the club and though he didn't have much talent ( I did also say he was rubbish ), each game he ran up a sweat.

What I can't tolerate is players who slag off the club/manager ( Sean Davis / Mendos / Carr) or/and players who perform like they simply don't care. ( Kanoute )
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyThu Aug 02 2007, 14:33

Mendes is another bad example - he should never have been sold and how we could do with him now as a solid midfielder.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! EmptyThu Aug 02 2007, 14:38

And I do have sympathy for King Kanoute too. He was given some pretty rough verbals from :bmj: , much of it unwarranted. KK should never have been sold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!   Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Kevin-Prince Boateng Signs !!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next