Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Barnes/Guti

Go down 
+3
ezza
spur'don
Bennycat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bennycat
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Bennycat

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2007-07-31

Barnes/Guti Empty
PostSubject: Barnes/Guti   Barnes/Guti EmptyTue Aug 14 2007, 16:43

Derby are set to hold on to Giles Barnes after slapping a £6m price tag on the midfielder. (Star)

Tottenham have been alerted that Real Madrid midfielder Guti will be available for £5m if Arjen Robben joins the Spanish giants. (Mirror)

Did we not have some sort of deal set up for Barnes last season? And what do we think of Guti?
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Barnes/Guti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnes/Guti   Barnes/Guti EmptyTue Aug 14 2007, 18:23

Forget Barnes. One for the future, maybe but we need players that can deliver now.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Barnes/Guti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnes/Guti   Barnes/Guti EmptyTue Aug 14 2007, 18:26

Last time I saw Barnes play at Happy Valley he was Fat as Feck.......no chance of a come back No But may be good enough still for SiHK Laughing
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Barnes/Guti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnes/Guti   Barnes/Guti EmptyTue Aug 14 2007, 18:51

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bad_baz
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
bad_baz

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2007-07-18

Barnes/Guti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnes/Guti   Barnes/Guti EmptyTue Aug 14 2007, 18:53

I've seen Guti play a few times in Spain, was a good player then (4 years ago). Not sure about him now. Perhaps we should buy a back 4 first.
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Barnes/Guti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnes/Guti   Barnes/Guti EmptyTue Aug 14 2007, 19:29

I dun think the team need neither of them

Not really know much about Barnes
But my pt is , think about wht players do you hv before you're going to bring in any new face.

We've got enough players in the midfeild and i think they're gd enough when they're playing in their best position.
I mean , wht's the use of Barnes? He's not a left winger. Yes he's a potential younger. But , come on. There're already dozens of potential in our reserve team even our first team!! Guti is gd and he can give out some nice killer pass. But why dun we give a chance to Hudd or Murphy ?
Infact i think tht Murphy should be given a chance , 2yrs ago when Darren Bent was joined The Addicks from Ipswich , he quickly established himself by scoring numerous of goals , and the one who was behind him is Murphy!! In the 1st half of tht season , Murphy did well in the playmaker role. And tht's why we signed him in the Janunary Transfer Market

Wht we need in the midfield is just a Left Winger who can make an impact immediately.

It's really piss me off tht we keep bringing in new face in a same position which is not necessary and at the same time the rotation players hadn't been given enough of chance.
Hudd , KPB , Tainio even Murphy could be play when JJ doesn't fit nor unavailable.
Steed is a reliable back up when he's on the right and we could also hv a try on Routledge. As a result i can't found out any reason tht we should add new players in those position.
As Jeremy said , the team didn't organized well. In football things would never being better if the team doesn't organize well, whtever the players how gd you've got. However managers would never admit to this and just stand strong tht "those players in the team 're not gd enough so i hv to ask my chairman to open his cheque bk again".
Back to top Go down
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Barnes/Guti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnes/Guti   Barnes/Guti EmptyTue Aug 14 2007, 22:47

I think Guti would be a good buy. He'll still cut it at 30 and he can play on the left. Our 1st choice midfield is really not top 4 material. I hope the Prince and Tarabt(?) can step up to the plate but Guti will bring a lot of experience.
Back to top Go down
eldenng
David Tuttle
David Tuttle
eldenng

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Barnes/Guti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnes/Guti   Barnes/Guti EmptyWed Aug 15 2007, 15:30

Maybe a good choice, as Guti may have the same functions as Edgar Davids before in Spurs.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Barnes/Guti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnes/Guti   Barnes/Guti EmptyWed Aug 15 2007, 18:50

eldenng wrote:
Maybe a good choice, as Guti may have the same functions as Edgar Davids before in Spurs.

Maybe, though he doesn't possess the same drive and characteristic Davids is renowned for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Barnes/Guti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnes/Guti   Barnes/Guti Empty

Back to top Go down

Barnes/Guti
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Only THFC :: Tottenham transfers, news, gossip and ITK-
Jump to: