Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Man Utd game

Go down 
+11
Tottingham
StewHK
eldenng
Janek
bad_baz
GDG
Bennycat
Linesmann
Hairy
DannyBoy
spur'don
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 00:28

Left side looks much better with Bale and YPL.

YPL is having a great game.

Not much going on the right though.

Rocha worries me.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 00:51

0-0 half time.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 01:33

Shit ! 1-0

Come on Spurs.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 01:59

Damn it. Felt we deserved a point from that game.

Handball ? Seen them given, but wasn't the most blatent one either.

Plus points - Huddlestone and Bale both had good games.

Gardner looked reassuring.

That sort of performance would have got us 3 points against Sunderland and Everton. 9/12 would have been respectable. 3/12 is a mountain to climb for 4th spot.

Can't fault Jol - thoughts the timing and sequence of the subs was spot on.

Berbatov doesn't look a happy fella, does he.

I'm off to bed - thankfully without the journey from Delaneys to Sai Kung to endure.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 02:16

Cheating Northern Bastards. Should have had 2 not just 1 penalty.

Robbo beaten from distance again. Same old story, same old spurs.

Fcukin livid.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 02:42

It was a good Spurs performance...one hit the cross bar, one ball cleared off of the line and at least 1 clear panlaty

and at the end of the day. .. I think thats what most of us wanted to see regardless of the result, which admittedly was closer than I had imagined.

BMJ post match interview in the Beeb. ..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport

Last edited by on Mon Aug 27 2007, 02:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 02:46

Hudd played better in 2nd half .
He needs to come deep to get the ball
Stand too foward (exchanged the position with JJ?) in 1st half

Bale , impressive , gd crossing and set-pieces
Works well together with LEE

Berbs. Unlucky but i think he did all he can tonight and his perfomrance is acceptable.
The shot he curved the ball to the top-corner was brilliant Shocked
How a sensational goal would be if it's in . Wht a pity

But Malbranque was fully out of petrol in the last 20mins
Was struggled to protect the ball and easily gave out possession
Looks very tired and lost his balance

The team played well tonight . We deserved a point

But as i said before
We played 120% everytime againest the Top4
I hope they can keep playing like tonight when visit Fulham nextweek

My choice of MOM---- Chimbonda
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 02:47

Hairy wrote:
which admittedly was closer than I had imagined.

Same as you Basketball
Back to top Go down
Bennycat
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Bennycat

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2007-07-31

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 08:43

Despite losing I feel much better than I did against Sunderland and Everton. But, we need to start winning games. I'm liking the look of the team much more than for those first two games. We need everyone back from injury.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 09:28

A balanced team, and we're still far away from fielding our strongest side - the best is yet to come.
Back to top Go down
bad_baz
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
bad_baz

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2007-07-18

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 10:29

DannyBoy wrote:

I'm not sure I would blame Robbo for the goal. I think he probably had it covered but it got a deflection off Tevez. I think Gardner if anyone was more to blame, he seemed to move out of the way to avoid getting hit by the ball!!
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 10:44

bad_baz wrote:
DannyBoy wrote:

I'm not sure I would blame Robbo for the goal. I think he probably had it covered but it got a deflection off Tevez. I think Gardner if anyone was more to blame, he seemed to move out of the way to avoid getting hit by the ball!!

To be fair I'd just got back from the game when I wrote that, so frustration doubtless coloured my judgement there. But even so he ALWAYS seems to get beaten from range these days?! And we are ALWAYS soooo close i.e. Keane and Berbs. Why don't we ever get the rub of the green? *sulk*
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 12:03

I thought, as ever at OT, we were bloody unlucky. We hit the crossbar (Keane), missed a great chance (Rocha header) had two cleared off the line (Berba twice) and had two half decent shouts for pens and one stonewall pen (Brown handball). The defence stood firm and they had to score from a wonder goal.

Bale and Lee bring balance to the side and I think we'll beat Fulham if the players show the same determination.

Glad to see BMJ was positive in selecting Hudd and Bale from the start.

Also, 2nd half Berba got his season going.

I've disliked Gardener for as long as I can remember and I wasn't initially conveinced by Rocha, but following their performances over the last couple of games, I'm thinking that eprhaps 8m on Curtis Davies might be a waste of money?

We also don't need Matt Taylor is Bale is going to do the same job in midfield. So what if he's only 18, it means he ahs lots of energy! Play him as a first team player, he's got the talent. Can't wait until Lennon is on the other wing.

Finally, great to hear the fans singing for Jol all game. F*ck off Kemsley, Levy and Commoli!
:bmj:
Back to top Go down
bad_baz
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
bad_baz

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 12:52

Sure, sell Defoe and lets buy a defense. Still not convinced by Gardner. Maybe as a sub but he should never be starting a game.
Back to top Go down
eldenng
David Tuttle
David Tuttle
eldenng

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 13:17

really impressive, Spurs finally showed its ability to fight against top-fours.

Hope that SPurs could keep this performance to fight against Axxxxl on 15/9.
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 14:03

We waz robbed !! Played well, but the ref seemed convinced that Manure needed 3 points. Disgrace on his behalf.

COYS!!

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 14:11

good turnout at Delaney's, despite most taking it easy given twas a school night, the crowd was in good voice.

i agree the balance looked good with the starting line up, in addition to the options on the bench (ie great move to push Bale back with Jimmy in front of him - a lot of pace and youthful enthusiasm against tired full backs).

decisions may have been dodgy - but not as ridiculous as the Mendes incident. Admittedly the Brown handball was cleverly concealed from the ref and linesman, difficult to give at full speed - and i'm sure refs will be reluctant to give decisions after the farcial penalty in the Liverpool Chelsea game last week.

We gave as good as we got - as we had said before the game, this was going to be our best opportunity to beat Man U at OT for some time, only that spell at the end of the first half saw us under real pressure for any extended period.

thought I'd give my views on the players (only my opinion so don't kill me!)

Robinson - looked convincing for most part of the game, made a confident clearance in the first half erasing the memory of the dodgy flap vs Germany. Don't blame him for the goal one bit, was a important deflection off Freddy Kruger that pushed it out of his reach and the strike itself carried some serious venom. Only real downside was some of his long balls (the usual story) - Route 1 to Berbatov is fine a few times in a game, but not every time, makes us so predictable, especially when the team was passing the ball well... why not roll it out to the full backs sometimes? Overall 6/10

Chimbonda - Thought he had a fantastic game defensively, made some crucial tackles. Going forward he was good, only thing that let me down was a couple of attacking headers in the box that were wasted - 8/10 - NB he got into the team of the week on Soccernet

Rocha - This guy is capable. He got stuck in, got in the way, took the ball in the guts (unlike so many of these highly paid poofs who turn their backs when someone shoots) - for a 4th choice central defender he's bloody good (maybe finally got used to the pace of the prem league), but he should have done better with that header. 7/10

Gardner - getting some stick for the goal, but it was Hudd who lost Nani and Big Tone was left with Kruger and Nani... had to charge the ball in the situation. Had at least one good chance to become our equal top scorer, he is a confidence player and his run in the team is helping his performances. God help us though on his first game back into the team once Kaboul, Daws, and Ledders are back as first choice. 7/10

Lee - Ok game for me - got turned far too easily in the first half by Nani on several occasions. Going forward still hindered by his inability to use his left peg. - 6/10

Malbranque - Remember his great ball through to Berba early in the game, but that was it apart from losing the ball a couple of times at the end of the first half. 6/10

Jenas - Despite Hudd getting in the Soccernet team of the week, I thought Jenas was the more consistent of the two central pairing. Didn't waste the ball very often and made some good tackles and one important goal line clearance from Kruger. Could have done with his "I did nothing all game apart from one 30 yrd rocket in the top corner" though. 7/10

Hudd - This is a difficult one, I thought Hudd had a very controlled first half without much creativity, but in the second half he was more creative but became prone to a few mistakes and I partially blame him for the goal. He has also shown before that he can strike a ball properly, but he must have swapped his boots with Zokora for this game. However, given that Man U had Hargreaves, Scholes and Carrick in central midfield - I thought they were all very poor on the day - an off day or did we dominate the central midfield despite being 2 on 3? 7/10

Bale - Nice to have good distribution from Free kicks/Corners, voiced my concern after the first half that while we finally have a player with a left foot, he seemed to not be able to use his right foot to wrong foot the defender (too predictable to be an attacking winger). However in the second half he used his pace (he looked in shape and lasted the whole game given his lack of game) against a tiring opposition to do some damage. Actually thought he was better as an attacking left back though. Good debut, but funny looking isnt'e? 7/10.

Keane - 21 secs shot on to crossbar - rest of the game? 5/10

Berba - Offside how many times in the first half? Head down how many times? Frustrating to see someone look so disinterested... but he can turn a game... almost had a great goal late on. The first penalty claim annoyed me though, as the goal was open and he was probably thinking of protesting more that putting the ball in the net. Gets a 6/10, can do so much more.

Subs:

Jimmy: amazing ability to get tackled/fouled and then jump 14 feet into the air. Did pass the ball around a bit more this time, and together with Bale coming forward, that left side was creating a lot.

Defoe: loved seeing him attempt to get one of Robinson's long clearances against Vidic/Rio - so wrong. Didn't see him do anything of note - maybe he was hidden by Hudd's shadow.

Zokora: Put at the back as a gamble at the end of the game to get Chimbo fwd more. Did his job.
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 14:41

Sorry about the scuffle last night. Delaney's even sent me an email on it.

Not sure exactly what happened, but according to may mate Jason, that man Utd fan baited him so he wanted to tear his head off. Anyway, it was all calmed down after a while etc.

Stew.
Back to top Go down
bad_baz
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
bad_baz

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 14:47

So Delaneys were pissed off? Don't want to be kicked out of our 'home'!
Back to top Go down
Tai
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
Tai

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 14:55

the first one definitely penalty!!
we did very well on the first-half...we should have 1 point this game...!
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 15:05

Spurs played very well last night, once again the away team gets nothing at Old Trafford. Gareth Bale looked very good, all in all a point was the least we deserved, definitely not a defeat. How the ref missed that handball, well.......................

Up until last night I'd forgotten how much I despised United, and especially Ferdinand, if ever one person on this planet did not deserve what he earned he is the man.

Onwards and upwards, the same attitude and some rub of the green against Fulham.

MARTIN JOL'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY.
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 15:05

bad_baz wrote:
So Delaneys were pissed off? Don't want to be kicked out of our 'home'!

No we're safe on that front, as it's happened before. Twiglet knows the bloke concerned and I had a word with him myself. He denied starting anything, but Jason and Knighty said that this bloke made visual offensive signals (directed at those two mates of mine) on more than one occasion after the Manure goal, which seriously pissed off Jason to the point he wanted him (and offered him) outside. The bloke obviously didn't want it, and even denied things etc. Anyway, no big deal.

Stew.
Back to top Go down
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 18:02

tottingham

I quite agree with how you saw the game. Apart from Keano and Steed, most of the guys played well. We were quite organised and worked hard for each other. Too bad we didn't have Bent to bring on. Still think we need somebody in midfield who shares Berbs' wavelength. Huddlestone is still not fast enough and he was partially responsible for letting Nene get the shot in.
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 18:22

14 wrote:
tottingham

I quite agree with how you saw the game. Apart from Keano and Steed, most of the guys played well. We were quite organised and worked hard for each other. Too bad we didn't have Bent to bring on. Still think we need somebody in midfield who shares Berbs' wavelength. Huddlestone is still not fast enough and he was partially responsible for letting Nene get the shot in.

It was unfortunate. Most neutrals said that we were good for a draw if not a win. I thought we played well, but you can never relax against manure at Old Trafford. OK, let's use that game as an experiment of the starting 11 and go on to beat Fulham!

COYS !!!

Stew.
Back to top Go down
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Man Utd game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Utd game   Man Utd game EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 19:05

We will destroy Fulham.
Back to top Go down