Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

To be fair to Jol

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

To be fair to Jol Empty
PostSubject: To be fair to Jol   To be fair to Jol EmptySun Sep 16 2007, 21:14

He did not change the formation to a defensive one for the 2nd half.

We did push forward at the start of 2nd half and nearly went 2-0 up if Berbs or Keane get their acts together.

We got Lennon on trying to run at their defenders and hopefully exploit the space on the left.

Bale was injured so he had to substitute him.

Ezza said at half time - Arse will play us off the park in the 2nd half no matter what. If we stick to our formation and tactics and give it a go. Not bringing on another defender and sit back. If we still lose, then fine.

I think that's what it has turned out. BMJ can do nothing more if Berbs / Keane / Jenas did not do their parts. I think BMJ got the tactic ok last night, but the players failed us (except Huddlestone, Bale, YP Lee, Dawson, Kaboul and Malbranque).
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

To be fair to Jol Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be fair to Jol   To be fair to Jol EmptySun Sep 16 2007, 22:34

Yup, as I said elsewhere you can't legislate for your top three strikers all missing gilt-edged chances - if we'd gone 2-0 up as we could have done it may have been a whole different match.
Back to top Go down
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-08-09

To be fair to Jol Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be fair to Jol   To be fair to Jol EmptyMon Sep 17 2007, 01:05

Very true GDG. If we'd scored the killer goals, we would've won and the game wouldn't be remembered as being dominated by the Arse for long periods. We actually didn't play badly as a team and the goals conceded were very much individual mistakes and loss of concentration. They're a top team and we had 4 clear cut chances (3 one on ones) and a shot blocked on the line. True, they had good chances too but we just seem to have the rub of the green against us more often than not. Look at the Fulham game. Complete domination. Scored 3, could've scored 7. Yet we drew bacause of a deflected shot and a flukey overhead kick that lobbed into the top corner in the last minute. Lost to Sunderland in the last minute. I think bad joss, dead man's curse or some cajun voodoo is causing all this. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To be fair to Jol Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be fair to Jol   To be fair to Jol Empty

Back to top Go down

To be fair to Jol
Page 1 of 1