Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Easter Monday Football Fun Day

Go down 
+13
edman
spur'don
bennylee
Janek
Sam
Number 10
ck
DannyBoy
Linesmann
robikini
Craig
James
Kin on Spurs
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 13:13

That's the fun of it I suppose.

You can play around with team formations until Monday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 13:20

Madness.

Right. 22 players then.

Hmm.

(Leave the formations to me, danny!) Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 13:23

Relax.

It'll be fun. We'll get Edman to bring beers. A proper Bank Holiday.

The more the merrier.

(I'm an expert tactician, me and James virtually changed the flow of the game vs Chelsea HK with our astute formation machinations.)

So Nyah.

tongue
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 13:25

Yeah, Poyet and Clipboard Hughton rules!

By the way, let's meet 30 minutes before the first game for warm ups, briefing etc.

Shall we wear navy shorts? Someone please bring a camera.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 13:26

All I have are navy shorts so that suites me fine Smile

I should be able to remember my camera...
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 13:27

I have my thoughts on the approach to take. I would suggest that Danny, James and I discuss pre-match. Are you guys free this evening for an hour?
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 13:29

I could possibly nip out from 5-7pm?

Have a meeting at 7pm with marketing though.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 13:30

Sorry tonight is no good for me. We can do it at Delaney's on Sat.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 13:31

Could meet a bit earliar at Delaneys then...

Or we could just sack Gus?
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 13:34

5ish suits me this evening, Danny. Let's chat then and then again with James.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 13:37

Al's?

Sounds like a plan.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 14:03

Oh, go on then!

3 days in a row I'll be in Al's!
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 18:55

Number 10 wrote:
Madness.

Right. 22 players then.

Hmm.

(Leave the formations to me, danny!) Evil or Very Mad

To be honest, I'm not in favour of imposing a limitation on the squad size, although I can see the benefits in having just 3 subs.

The main reasons;
1). The players on standby aren't going to sit on the sofa waiting for the phone to ring. 9 times out of 10 they've made alternative plans. Come match day there are always a few last minute cancellations ( i've set myself up here, I know Embarassed ) and a mad panic to find replacements. Often it's a struggle to find adequate number of subs because those that were available are no longer free.
2). I'm probably speaking for myself and others who want to play for fun but aren't fit enough to run in a competitive game for 90 minutes. Is having more than 3 subs too many ?
3). I don't really like telling other Spurs fans who want to come and play football that they've missed the boat and are placed on standby. We're not yet in a proper league so why set up a limit on those wishing to participate ? Besides, on a regular Saturday night even if 18-20 say they will come chances are you'll end up with just 14 anyway.

As I said, I can also understand the reasons behind wanting to set a player quota per game, and as a non regular player I'm happy to flow with the majority on this. However I'm at home, bored and felt it was about time I fired off a controversal post....or not as the case may be.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 19:10

Everyone who has signed up so far is playing, we've sorted it out.

Relax.
Back to top Go down
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 23:30

spur'don, let's come to have fun. It is also the aim of this invitation. (according to my boss) And most importantly, playing with a bunch of Spurs supporters is so much fun. I treat every game as a gathering.

Ny the way, shall we talk about the jersey here??
1. Do we have enough number shirts available to those guest players??
2. Navy pants with white shorts??
3. Shin guard with grass pitch boots is a must...

Anything I'm missing??

My boss will provide water to each team, so Edman you can lower your "burden".

COYS.
Back to top Go down
edman
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
edman

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 23:32

DannyBoy wrote:
Relax.

It'll be fun. We'll get Edman to bring beers. A proper Bank Holiday.

The more the merrier.

(I'm an expert tactician, me and James virtually changed the flow of the game vs Chelsea HK with our astute formation machinations.)

So Nyah.

tongue

i don't mind to bring the beer for everyone, but everyone will have to share the cost this time. only a few more dollars per head.
Back to top Go down
edman
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
edman

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 23:37

Kin on Spurs wrote:
spur'don, let's come to have fun. It is also the aim of this invitation. (according to my boss) And most importantly, playing with a bunch of Spurs supporters is so much fun. I treat every game as a gathering.

Anything I'm missing??

COYS.

we have 4 spare shirts for the guest players. they are normally with me, but are in sam's hand now. he will bring it on monday.

navy pants & white shorts?????? do u mean white socks? or do u want us to wear a white shorts on top of the navy pants? so we all look like superman.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 21 2008, 00:10

DannyBoy wrote:
Everyone who has signed up so far is playing, we've sorted it out.

Relax.

Cool.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 21 2008, 00:12

Number 10 wrote:
Oh, go on then!

3 days in a row I'll be in Al's!

Al's just isn't the same without you perched outside. You've become part of the furniture.
Back to top Go down
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 21 2008, 01:23

edman wrote:
Kin on Spurs wrote:

Anything I'm missing??

COYS.

we have 4 spare shirts for the guest players. they are normally with me, but are in sam's hand now. he will bring it on monday.

navy pants & white shorts?????? do u mean white socks? or do u want us to wear a white shorts on top of the navy pants? so we all look like superman.

HA HA~ navy pants and white socks...
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 21 2008, 13:40

We will generally continue to have a limit on subs, not least because the games are coming thick and fast and there are plenty of opportunties. As and when we have a clear over-subscription of players, we will enter a league.

The Easter Monday tournament is something of an exception and should be a great event with a big ssquad and supporters!. It is open to the 22 players signed up. Danny and I have prepared a system that will mean everyone is involved without the games falling into total chaos.

I totally agree with Kinson's comments that every games is fun, playing with fellow Spurs fans and treating it as a gathering as much as a match. However, bear in mind that every game we have played has been played in a committed, determined fashion. I strongly believe that maintaining this balance is important. In a nutshell: we play to win. but we win as a inclusive team.

Thanks for listening! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 21 2008, 13:42

edman wrote:

i don't mind to bring the beer for everyone, but everyone will have to share the cost this time. only a few more dollars per head.

Edman. I would suggest you put a few soft-drinks in your cooler as well and then everyone pays you a small contribution.

Please note that we are expecting as many as 30 people in our travelling party, including supporters.
Back to top Go down
LoubyLou
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
LoubyLou

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 21 2008, 14:37

GUTTED I can't come and support you guys. Got rehearsals all day Sad

Good luck tho - hope you win!!!
COYSiHKFC!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 21 2008, 19:52

Number 10 wrote:
We will generally continue to have a limit on subs, not least because the games are coming thick and fast and there are plenty of opportunties. As and when we have a clear over-subscription of players, we will enter a league.

The Easter Monday tournament is something of an exception and should be a great event with a big ssquad and supporters!. It is open to the 22 players signed up. Danny and I have prepared a system that will mean everyone is involved without the games falling into total chaos.

I totally agree with Kinson's comments that every games is fun, playing with fellow Spurs fans and treating it as a gathering as much as a match. However, bear in mind that every game we have played has been played in a committed, determined fashion. I strongly believe that maintaining this balance is important. In a nutshell: we play to win. but we win as a inclusive team.

Looking forward to Monday. Played football with my 7 yr old nephew today in sai kung. He still thinks I'm a legend !
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 21 2008, 20:02

spur'don wrote:
Number 10 wrote:

Looking forward to Monday. Played football with my 7 yr old nephew today in sai kung. He still thinks I'm a legend !

The naivety of youth Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday Football Fun Day   Easter Monday Football Fun Day - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Easter Monday Football Fun Day
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next