Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

i got ko in the soccer field

Go down 
+8
LoubyLou
Daniel
Number 10
James
DannyBoy
Tottingham
ozspur
edman
12 posters
AuthorMessage
edman
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
edman

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-06-30

i got ko in the soccer field Empty
PostSubject: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 03:55

When i was young, my mum work in the hospital as a chief nurse. So when ever i have a medical problem, i can always go into the emergency wardwithout waiting. But now as i already grow up, i have to do everything on my own. I haven't had the 'emergency' experience in HK for a long time already.

Thing start like this: A day after the SIHK soccer match, I have another soccer match in SHEK KIP MEI PARK. Everything happen as usual until that moment.

It is 5 min after the 2nd half started, we were under fire. A ball was cross from the left side 45 degree toward the box. As I was the left back, the ball just flew over my head. I then turned around & look toward the goal, the only thing I see is a head flying into my face with full speed. It was too fast for me to react. I end up lifting my head a little bit & accept a head-on collusion :sms: . This is THE TOP OF A HEAD vs MY CHIN. It is a 300lbs (weight x speed)uppercut from a skull.

Both were end up on the ground. Before the stars disappear from my head. I heard from other players," DON'T MOVE THEM, CALL THE AMBULANCE." I do have a very very very painful chin & jaw at that time, but i never except anything serious. I thought it must be the other player. Then people ask me not to touch the chin, there is an 1.5 inch cut. I was ask to lie on my side & they just pull water on my cut. I see the water become red when it go pass my chin (Spurs hate red). The ambulance come very soon.

We went to the hospital together, as I was waiting for the doctor. I open the bandage & took a few photo on my cut.

After I read the photo. SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT affraid ! They are correct about the 1.5 inch cut, but they didn't tell me the cut is so deep & widely open. It shape like an EYE cyclops . It is about the same size of mine.

The treatment is quick & good. I am out of the hospital with 1hr & end up with 5 stings.

It is about time for me to explain why a head was flying toward my chin. As I mention before, the ball flew over my head. Both my stopper & a striker from otherside jump up for the ball. The striker happen to be bummed away. He lost balance when he land on the ground, so he try to use his legs to chase back his head. For the result, I stopped his head for him.

p.s. for the kids at home, if you haven't recieve an uppercut before. i suggest you not to look for it. it is dam painful.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 07:04

Jeez Edman - sounds terrible. Hope all is ok now. Just think what damage your chin must have done to the other guy's head :-) And did a young, pretty nurse hold your hand and tell you you have beautiful eyes? She did!!! The bitch! Mad

Take care and take the next few days easy.

PS Think we need a team of nurses on standby at SiHK games bounce
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 09:03

Edman - bet you went down screaming "Not Yet Finished" after you took the knock.

Take it easy, hope you heal up well and we'll see you at the next game when you're ready.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 09:15

Damn those kids really bullied you on Monday huh?

Just kidding mate, hope you heal up soon and feel better
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 09:28

In light of this, how appropriate is this headline from today's bbc.co.uk/sport website?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/7313116.stm
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 09:45

Take good care Edman. We need your presence in our upcoming matches. You CANNOT be finished!
Back to top Go down
edman
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
edman

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 10:33

ozspur wrote:
Jeez Edman - sounds terrible. Hope all is ok now. Just think what damage your chin must have done to the other guy's head :-) And did a young, pretty nurse hold your hand and tell you you have beautiful eyes? She did!!! The bitch! Mad

Take care and take the next few days easy.

PS Think we need a team of nurses on standby at SiHK games bounce

I was having a middle age nurse. The only thing she said is "take your shoes off & lie on the bed."

The doctor did mention something about my eyes before he switch on the surgical light. "CLOSE THEM" Suspect
Back to top Go down
edman
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
edman

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 10:53

for your information. both team end up playing 10 vs 10 after the injury. my team was winning 1:0 before i got ko, and 2:0 when the match finish.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 11:21

So you finished the match when the match was not yet finished? Shocked

Get well soon, mate!
Back to top Go down
edman
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
edman

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 12:00

Number 10 wrote:
So you finished the match when the match was not yet finished? Shocked

Get well soon, mate!

i didn't play after injury. as the offical need to finish some paper work before the ambulance can leave. i was sitting next to the ambulance & watch rest of the match. i leave with the ambulance when the match finish.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 12:01

edman wrote:

i didn't play after injury. as the offical need to finish some paper work before the ambulance can leave. i was sitting next to the ambulance & watch rest of the match.

Did the referee give the other side a penalty and send you off for your chin-tackle? Wink
Back to top Go down
edman
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
edman

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 12:02

DannyBoy wrote:
In light of this, how appropriate is this headline from today's bbc.co.uk/sport website?

seems like 25/03/2008 is a bad day for Edman all around the world.
Back to top Go down
edman
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
edman

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 12:06

James wrote:
edman wrote:

i didn't play after injury. as the offical need to finish some paper work before the ambulance can leave. i was sitting next to the ambulance & watch rest of the match.

Did the referee give the other side a penalty and send you off for your chin-tackle? Wink

i was send off for sure, was send so far off to the hospital. both my chin & the other player's skull got a few red card also.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 13:01

its this kind of thing that makes men of boys Edman. Get well soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
LoubyLou
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
LoubyLou

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 14:47

Sounds nasty - get well soon Edman.
See you soon
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 17:03

edman wrote:
DannyBoy wrote:

No kidding! I'm sure you'd prefer to see headline like this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/3941381.stm
Back to top Go down
edman
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
edman

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 21:13

DannyBoy wrote:
edman wrote:
DannyBoy wrote:

No kidding! I'm sure you'd prefer to see headline like this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/3941381.stm

very right!
Back to top Go down
robikini
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 22:15

wow... shite happens. hope you get well soon.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 10:11

Hope you make a quick recovery.
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 13:41

I have broken my jaw and wrist playing in goal. Hence the reason I gave up playing there.

Get well soon.
Back to top Go down
edman
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
edman

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 14:53

Enter The Pitbull wrote:
I have broken my jaw and wrist playing in goal. Hence the reason I gave up playing there.

Get well soon.

thanks, but pls don't scare ck away.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 14:55

tough luck edman

i remember getting some teeth knocked out and on anotehr occasion concussed in similar incidents when i was younger, not nice

make sure you take it easy and get plenty of sleep as the head will have taken a big knock

and if you find out who did it to you, i can sit on him!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i got ko in the soccer field   i got ko in the soccer field Empty

Back to top Go down

i got ko in the soccer field
Page 1 of 1