Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Gattuso

Go down 
+5
Tottingham
ezza
DannyBoy
James
Number 10
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 13:27

Apparently we are being linked with him in the Italian press.

Now, it could be nonsense, but if there's any truth, I would be delighted. An excellent all-round midfielder, exactly what we need to break up the opposition's play and heaps of experience at the highest levels.

Come on Commoli, get us Gattuso!
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 13:33

Yes. he is as hard as Edgar Davids. He can definitely teach Jenas and Lennon a thing or two about passion.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 13:38

I can't see him leaving AC for us to be honest, especialy as he fairly recently extended his contract to 2011.

I wouldn't say he's an All-round midfielder as he's hardly a threat on goal, he IS, however, a good defensive midfielder. Which would mean bye bye Zokora.

Luka Modric now that IS possible. That or jump ahead of Sven and nab Diego.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 13:58

I'd welcome Gattuso at Spurs. Quite frankly I'd have him instead of Zokora anyday. He's got a few years experience in the SPL and his missus is Scottish meaning it shouldn't take long for him to settle in the EPL. Go for it I say even if he's 30.
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 14:46

YES... VERY WELCOME.... SIGN HIM...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 15:18

never heard of the c*nt
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 15:19

The only thing i concern about is .

In AC Milan they are playing a formation with no winger .
Each of their job is clear . The "Rhino" Gattuso is a destroyer which he just hv to pay 100% in defence while Andrea Pirlo as an Anchor and take the job in distributing with two AMC Kaka and Seedorf.

But we all know Ramos is a side-attacking believer which he definitely won't playing without wingers (Whenever he took out neither Steed or Lennon during the match , JJ was then forced to move to the side).
And suppose we're playing with 2 foward. We are mostly play with 2CM.

Gattuso is a world class defensive midfield . But compare to those who're playing the same role as him , like Makelele , Roy Keane etc. They are gd in destroying but at the same time once they won the ball , their distribution is gd , but for Gattuso we all know he's very average

When playing 2CM it's better to play with two more comprehensive players
The case of Gattuso is little bit extreme , he's nearly a pure DMC like Steffen Freund tht you won't expect he partake of attacking and organizing even just a 10yards pass in their own court. This will make his partner workload more intensive.
We all love to see him wear the white shirt but sorry i dun think he could help and change much and he's not the most suitable one , if we keep playing 2 central midfield. Hence i would like to see Ramos to try for 4-5-1 in the remaining season.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 17:49

Gattuso is one of my favourite players. Yes, he is predominantly a destroyer, but that's what we need - someone who is so good at that role that we can relieve the rest of the midfield of much of their defensive duties. This would allow the more attacking formation that Ramos favours.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 17:50

Oh, forgot to mention:

More beards in football!
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 18:30

Near the start of the season we were complaining about the large proportion of goals being conceded from outside the box. Some were attributing this to our defensive midfield players not performing, i.e. tracking back to help the defence or not getting block tackles in. Gattuso would fit the bill perfectly. In fact, I'd argue that a player with his characteristics would be essential in any attack minded teams playing with two wingers or attacking wingbacks, as is The General's preference.

But what would I know?
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 18:33

Like Davids he is deceptively skilful - don't let the destroyer rep fool you.

However his Scottish wife has reportedly told him that he can only re-sign for Rangers if he wants a return to Blighty.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 18:35

Bloody Jocks!
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 19:02

Enter The Pitbull wrote:
Like Davids he is deceptively skilful - don't let the destroyer rep fool you.

However his Scottish wife has reportedly told him that he can only re-sign for Rangers if he wants a return to Blighty.

Gennaro, there are plenty more fish in the sea!!
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 19:03

ezza wrote:

But what would I know?

Italian bias.

I bet you thought Tramezzani and Berti were good buys too!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 19:05

DannyBoy wrote:
ezza wrote:

But what would I know?

Italian bias.

I bet you thought Tramezzani and Berti were good buys too!

Spoiler:

they were pre-commolli days Shocked
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 21:43

You could make a pretty good case for Berti (especially if you compare and contrast against KPB). But Tramezzani? WTF was that all about? No He still sends shivers down my spine! affraid

And yes, you're right, I am very biased towards Italian players. We could do with a fare smattering of them in our side........Buffon, Gattuso, Pirlo, Toni

Campione Del Mondo 2006. I thank you.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyThu Apr 17 2008, 10:03

Check this out......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK0FgPttjuw

Pity he's going to Madrid.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyThu Apr 17 2008, 11:03

Pirlo would be great for us even though he does look slightly like a woman
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyThu Apr 17 2008, 11:27

Daniel wrote:
Pirlo would be great for us even though he does look slightly like a woman

you've spent too long in thailand
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyThu Apr 17 2008, 11:56

ezza wrote:

And yes, you're right, I am very biased towards Italian players. We could do with a fare smattering of them in our side........

I'm not sure Ezza for every Zola, Ravanelli and Di Canio (the rare exceptions and only the first one played for a cup winning team) you get:

Bernardo Corradi, Paolo Tramezzani, Massimo Taibi, Matrix Matterazzi, Nicola Berti, Corrado Grabbi, Andrea Silenzi, Rolando Bianchi, Pierluigi Casiraghi, Samuele dalla Bonna.

Many of those have been some of the worst players in the premiership EVER.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyThu Apr 17 2008, 12:21

You forgot Vialli and DeMateo from the successful list. But I do take your point there's been some failures too. I suppose the trick is to identify and buy proven experience and quality players. Then you increase your chances of them succeeding in the EPL. But nothing is guarenteed I guess.

An interesting insight: Three summers ago I stumbled across Gianluigi Buffon at the Bellagio swimming pool in Vegas (as you do! Smile ) At the time there was a rumour he may be leaving Juve for ManUre. Off course I told him not to be so stupid and come to a proper team, i.e. Spurs. He chuckled. But he had heard of us!!! Anyway, I digress. He told me many Italian players are reluctant to come play in England. Not because they feel they are not suited to the game (on the contrary, the likes of Zola and Vialli apparently sing the praise of the EPL back in Italy). The problem lies in players' off the field activities - drinking, clubbing, womanising and the whole "bling bling" lifestyle. The English "scene" has got a certain reputation in Italy.

This is very alien with most Italians and sit's uncomfortably with Italian's mentallity. It's known as "bruta figura" or "bad impression". Similar to losing face.

Just thought I'd share that with you. Forza Italia! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyThu May 08 2008, 23:44

rehash of an older story...maybe?

At least it had me drunken for a minute !

Milanese newspaper, Libertà, has today stated that Tottenham Hotspur manager, Juande Ramos, is strongly considering a move for A.C. Milan's holding midfielder, Gennaro Gattuso.

Spurs have had their scouts watch the midfielder on more than one occasion in the last 40 days according to the paper.

Ringhio, as he is called by his teammates, has stated that he wants to see out his career at the Milan club. However, after a lacklustre season, the Rossoneri are said to be looking at letting a few of their older players leave this summer, with Gattuso's name amongst the list of players that are set to depart.

Gattuso is contracted till the 2010/2011 season and it is believed that Milan will listen to offers in the region of €10 million (approximately £8 million).

This news has alerted Spurs, as well as Bayern Munich. Bayern are believed to have offered Gattuso a massive contract, although sources close to the player have stated that if he were to leave Serie A, he would prefer a move to the Premiership, and especially London.

Tottenham's capture of Luka Modric has proved to be quite significant on the continent. The move has shown that Spurs have the ambition and the funds needed to compete at the highest level.

Ramos is a fan of Gattuso and also understands the need for the club to buy a defensive midfielder. Spurs leaked too many goals for the Spaniards liking this season and may look to the Italian powerful ball-winning midfielder as a solution.
He'd have no problem settling in I'm sure.
Modric, Milito, Cuellar and Gatusso... I'm moist ! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyFri May 09 2008, 00:03

Would glad to see either Rino or Poulsen sign for us
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso EmptyFri May 09 2008, 20:49

REPORT: BAYERN CLOSE TO GATTUSO DEAL

Bayern Munich have already reached an agreement with AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso, according to reports.

The Italy international has been targeted by the Bundesliga club to boost their team for an assault on the Champions League next season while striker Luca Toni has repeatedly stated he would welcome a compatriot in the Bayern team next season.

According to Italy's Italia 1 television, the Bavarians have been able to convince the 30-year-old to join with a lucrative contract offer and are now set for talks with his club over a fee.

Earlier this week, Bayern president Franz Beckenbauer claimed Gattuso would be "perfect" for Bayern.

With Milan having signed Mathieu Flamini from Arsenal, Gattuso may now be allowed to leave should the club receive the right offer, believed to be around 20million euros.

The Rossoneri may also ask for unsettled Bayern full-back Willy Sagnol as a makeweight for a deal, according to reports in Italy and Germany.

Mad Wht's the fun of playing in a monopoly league?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gattuso Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gattuso   Gattuso Empty

Back to top Go down

Gattuso
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Only THFC :: Any THFC articles/internet/youtube sightings?-
Jump to: