Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Mayday

Go down 
+4
ezza
Barry Lineker
Janek
Daniel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Mayday Empty
PostSubject: Mayday   Mayday EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 11:26

What is the point of making a Thursday a holiday? Don't get me wrong, I am eternally grateful for any gratis holidays BUT why not push it to a Monday or Friday so to make a longer weekend of it? I know May Day is on the 1st but do we have to be so literal about it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Mayday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday   Mayday EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 11:58

Agreed, I find these mid-week bank holidays a bit odd.

But May Day is a big day for the Commies, so now HK is SAR, I think it will always be taken literally.

Any more dumping stories in PRC toilets?
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Mayday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday   Mayday EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 16:08

Janek wrote:
But May Day is a big day for the Commies, so now HK is SAR, I think it will always be taken literally.

Careful comrades, this sounds like Bolshie talk to me!

These walls have ears you know….
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Mayday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday   Mayday EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 11:06

Janek wrote:
Any more dumping stories in PRC toilets?

In my office in SZ we have three stalls but one of the stools has its door locked. Why? Well, because its for the 'westerners' and is a proper sit down, cermaic , white, clean object of desire whereas the other two are your all singing and all dancing squat down hole in the floor. Anyway, it's taken me a while to gain access to the key to this sacred place but I have none the less and I have spent ages in this small corner of civilisation.

The dream was over last week when, to my abject horror, i saw a small Cockroach scuttle across the floor - i pinched off not complete in my task. What were heady days of relaxed number two's is now a quick drop-off lest I meet anymore of those cockroach mothers.
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Mayday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday   Mayday EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 16:40

If Jezza can get the nickname "Biggles Butts" for his aviation news fetish then what about Daniel and his constant toilet updates....
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Mayday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday   Mayday EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 21:02

I suggest Daniel's nickname should be Tarquin. Named after the Viz character "Tarquin Hoylet, He Always Goes to the Toilet"
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Mayday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday   Mayday EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 22:57

Gents, please let's not forget the importance of the origins of May Day....

May Day also refers to various labor celebrations conducted on May 1 that commemorate the fight for the eight hour day. May Day in this regard is called International Workers' Day, or Labour Day, and is a commemoration for those involved in the 1886 Haymarket affair in Chicago, Illinois. As the culmination of three days of labor unrest in the United States, the Haymarket incident was a source of outrage and admiration from people around the globe. In countries other than the United States and Canada, residents sought to make May Day an official holiday and their efforts largely succeeded. For this reason, in most of the world today, May Day has become an international celebration of the social and economic achievements of the labor movement. In some European countries, working people continue to use May Day parades as an opportunity to show disapproval with the government or to protest cuts in social programs

Has anyone supported any demonstrations on May 1st in HK before? ...

Article 23 and that mad cow Regina Ip ring a bell? Beijing's (re)interpretation of the authority of HK's High Court? How about the (officially) 1.25 million Hong Kongers living under the poverty line .. Just ask your office cleaner. She works a 10 hr shift 6 days a week and gets paid only 3,500 A MONTH. FACT.

These people deserve respect for the tremendous hardship they have to endure day after day after day after day.

Something stinks guys, when my niece's friend (21 years old), fresh out of uni lands a plumb job (thanks to his Daddy) and gets paid... get this... HK$38,000 A MONTH pocket money. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot to mention he's still living rent free at home.

Neutral
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Mayday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday   Mayday EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 00:14

Well spoken Hairy.

The salary gap in HK is madness. I can tell you the average salary of those working behind the travel counter, often long hours, no overtime, 6 days per week and normally working weekends is around HK$8,000 per month max.

I don't know how some people survive in HK.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Mayday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday   Mayday EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 00:16

Hairy wrote:
Something stinks guys, when my niece's friend (21 years old), fresh out of uni lands a plumb job (thanks to his Daddy) and gets paid... get this... HK$38,000 A MONTH pocket money. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot to mention he's still living rent free at home.

Neutral

I seriously want to kick his fucking head in. :sms:
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Mayday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday   Mayday EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 09:29

spur'don wrote:
Well spoken Hairy.

The salary gap in HK is madness. I can tell you the average salary of those working behind the travel counter, often long hours, no overtime, 6 days per week and normally working weekends is around HK$8,000 per month max.

I don't know how some people survive in HK.

Cheers spur'don.

Has anyone heard anything about this year's proposed May Day rallies ? I'm sure I'd be able to find at least one issuethat would compell me to offer my support and attend for a couple of hours.

I understand the Olympic torch is running through HK this Friday. The pro-Beijing cronies, i.e., Bernard Chan, Celina Chow, James Tien etc etc have asked the public to wear read....

Kiss my hairy arse you fucking muppets !
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Mayday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday   Mayday EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 13:47

I agree with both you and Jez - but this is Asia and you are either RICH or POOR no middle ground. Its a crime how low some people are paid here...

CUBA!
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Mayday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday   Mayday EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 15:26

Wow, this is all getting very political for a footy board!
Back to top Go down
LoubyLou
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
LoubyLou

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Mayday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday   Mayday EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 15:32

Just be grateful you get a day off!! I've got to work AND I have a shit salary!!!!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Mayday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday   Mayday EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 15:44

shit celery? Too much salad.
Back to top Go down