Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Ramos eyes Top 4 next season

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Ramos eyes Top 4 next season Empty
PostSubject: Ramos eyes Top 4 next season   Ramos eyes Top 4 next season EmptySun May 04 2008, 22:23

Last Updated: Sun, 04 May 2008 13:42

Juande Ramos is looking for Tottenham to qualify for the Champions League next season after a successful six months at the club.

The Spanish tactician arrived in October following Martin Jol's departure and guided the north Londoners away from the relegation battle before securing the Carling Cup and a place in next season's Uefa Cup.

Following Saturday's 1-0 win at Reading thanks to Robbie Keane's first half goal, Ramos has set his sights a lot higher next time around.

"My spell has been very positive," Ramos told El Pais.

"Very good things happened in a short period of time.

"When we arrived, the team was in a very difficult position, in the relegation zone, and step by step we bounced back and people are starting to believe in us.

"Winning the Carling Cup will permit us to play in Europe next season.

"I think that for such a team as Tottenham, not playing in Europe is harsh.

"The team spent many years without winning anything.

"It made us create a special relationship with the fans and with White Hart Lane.

"Our satisfaction is total to have qualified for Europe and for having escape the relegation zone.

"Reaching a Champions League spot was almost impossible.

"You always have ideas and study what you will do regarding the next season and the moment to do it will be the pre-season."

He added: "I think that Tottenham, due to their history, are a team that have to play in the top four.

"They can do it or not, but we cannot be happy to be at the bottom, as a consequence we have to change some things and we are doing it."

THAT'S WHAT I'VE WANTED TO HEAR FROM A SPURS MANAGER FOR YEARS ... HIM PUTTING HIS BALLS WHERE HIS MOUTH IS !

bounce
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Ramos eyes Top 4 next season   Ramos eyes Top 4 next season EmptyMon May 05 2008, 14:37

Good stuff. In Juande we trust (well, except Ozspur)

(going to ignore your balls-mouth interface reference.)
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Ramos eyes Top 4 next season   Ramos eyes Top 4 next season EmptyMon May 05 2008, 15:35

As much as I like Ramos and have confidence he can return us to the Glory Years given 2-3 seasons, I can't help thinking the media is already heaping undue pressure on him. Take a look at the Current Bun headline. Where in his quotes does it contain the line "next season"?

Secondly, Ramos doesn't exactly help himself. Which part of our history gives us the right to be in a top 4 position? Certainly not in the last 20 years. Quotes like this are ridiculous. I admire his ambition, but I think he and everyone connected to the club should be a lot more measured in our expectations for next season.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Ramos eyes Top 4 next season   Ramos eyes Top 4 next season EmptyMon May 05 2008, 16:32

It's way to early to start predictions for next season. Depends on the summer transfer activity.

I do however believe Ramos is a good enough manager to guide a side into the top four. Don't forget though, we're currently 27 pts behind 4th spot so there is a huge gap in quality to address in just 3 months.

And let's not forget, if there is one thing we know about the big four its that they don't stand still during the summer. 3 of the big four were in the CL semis. They will strengthen their sides for sure. None are a selling club whereas Spurs look set to lose our best player.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe under Ramos and Levy's leadership a top four spot is possible, however its going to take some serious spending to achieve it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ramos eyes Top 4 next season   Ramos eyes Top 4 next season Empty

Back to top Go down

Ramos eyes Top 4 next season
Page 1 of 1