Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Final bow for Dimitar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Final bow for Dimitar Empty
PostSubject: Final bow for Dimitar   Final bow for Dimitar EmptyMon May 05 2008, 08:27

With the close-season transfer market due to open shortly, Juande Ramos, the Tottenham Hotspur head coach, has done little to dampen speculation that Dimitar Berbatov, the Bulgaria striker, will be leaving the club during the summer. Asked if Berbatov had played his last game for Tottenham, Ramos said: “I don’t know, I hope not.”
Berbatov did not feature in Tottenham’s 1-0 win against Reading at the Madejski Stadium on Saturday. He suffered a groin injury in training on Friday and was left out of the squad. Ramos gave no indication whether Berbatov would play in Tottenham’s final match of the season, against Liverpool at White Hart Lane on Sunday.
Tottenham could decide to cash in on Berbatov, who has scored 23 goals this season and who could command a fee of up to £25 million. He has two years left on his contract but Manchester United as well as many of Europe’s leading clubs are believed to be interested in him.
The sale would help to swell the transfer kitty of Ramos, who has already spent £16.5 million on signing Luka Modric, the Croatia and Dynamo Zagreb midfield player. As a replacement for Berbatov, Tottenham have been linked with David Villa, of Valencia, and Samuel Eto’o, of Barcelona. “We can only talk about the players we have,” Ramos said. “Modric is one of them. But we have to see what happens and make some decisions about how we want the squad.”

Perhaps if we achieve another good performance, particularly against Pool, without Dimitar playing, it may help reduce the phsycological impact, of his potential absence this summer. .. of course he'd need replacing, but it might give the remaining players and all of us, the belief that there is plenty of life in Spurs with or without Dimitar Berbatov.

COME ON YOU SPURS !
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Final bow for Dimitar   Final bow for Dimitar EmptyMon May 05 2008, 14:38

Benty has to grab this chance against Pool and show more signs that he can step up to the plate.

He's clearly a confidence player and with a decent run of games, he'll do well.

Good to see Keano bigging him up in the post-match.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Final bow for Dimitar   Final bow for Dimitar EmptyMon May 05 2008, 14:58

flog the Balkan fanny merchant
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Final bow for Dimitar   Final bow for Dimitar EmptyMon May 05 2008, 22:12

Number 10 wrote:
Benty has to grab this chance against Pool and show more signs that he can step up to the plate.

He's clearly a confidence player and with a decent run of games, he'll do well.

Good to see Keano bigging him up in the post-match.

I couldn't agree more....

Come on my Son ! !!
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Final bow for Dimitar   Final bow for Dimitar EmptyMon May 05 2008, 23:06

Tottenham are offering Dimitar Berbatov a stunning £90,000-a-week to stay at White Hart Lane, it has been revealed.

The Sunday Mirror says Real Madrid are set to make a £25million move for Berbatov and Spurs' response is to offer the Bulgarian a pay rise that will take him into the £90,000-a-week bracket - but they want an answer in the next month.
What Tottenham want from Berbatov is a commitment for the next four years - and if he fails to sign a new contract, manager Juande Ramos is willing to sell.
If Real go for Berbatov, Tottenham could respond with an inquiry for Brazilian youngster Robinho.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Final bow for Dimitar   Final bow for Dimitar EmptyMon May 05 2008, 23:11

Football FanCast columnist Rob Facey asses the situation at Spurs and suggests Ramos would be making the right decision to let Berbatov leave the club.
A groin injury was the stated reason for his absence, but how conveniently that these injuries always surface at times of increased transfer speculation. Berbatov has reportedly refused to pose in the new club strip last week, suggesting that he will not be donning a Tottenham shirt ever again at all - not even for a press shoot.

Asked if Berbatov had played his last game in a Spurs shirt, Ramos did little to dampen rumours that the striker would be leaving the club in the summer.
"I don't know, I hope not," was the rather worrying response as reported in The Times.
However, selling Berbatov could release the weight of immediate expectation that is currently holding the club down in the middle of the table.
Although Spurs hate comparisons to their North London rivals, it is likely that Berbatov leaving to fulfill his own career goals could galvanise the team in the same way that Henry's exit spurred Arsenal on this season.
Radek Cerny has already agreed terms with Queens Park Rangers and it is likely that Ramos will oversee a whole host of summer transfers both in and out of the club.
Man United are said to be interested in the striker but, considering how well their current system is serving them, dropping a winger to play two up front would surely be counterproductive.
If Spurs were to let Berbatov go, for purely selfish reasons, they would reap the rewards. His value has rocketed and the north London club can expect a decent return for the Bulgarian.
The money received will undoubtedly be used wisely as Spurs look to become regular and consistent challengers for Europe, and will be where Ramos earns his keep. With over £16m already been spent on Luka Modric it is thought another big sale will be needed to facilitate any more big name signings; and it is big name signings that club craves.
So, will Berbatov be lining up next Sunday against Liverpool, or has the Bulgarian already started plotting his life away from White Hart Lane? Will his departure galvanise the football club to greater feats?
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Final bow for Dimitar   Final bow for Dimitar EmptyTue May 06 2008, 10:30

Am I obessed? ...

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=30748

elDiablo - Yesterday, 11:24 AM
i think it 's a foregone conclusion that he will be gone this summer. Berba's agent has carefully orchestrated this situation from day one. I remember Rudi Voller stating that we were not a big enough club for him to join, and that Berba should wait for a "top four" ( whatever that means).

So Danchev, or whatever you want to call him says "give this team a chance for a year or two, prove your worth on a bigger stage, your value will shoot through the roof and after two years you will be at a big club, in CL on high wages, and ill have my new £10mil Yaught in Monte Carlo"

If we had made the champions league he would stay, but i think he's given us a great service, helped us get back to playing some of the great football we were once known, and when he leaves will have more money for reinvestment, which if spent correctly, could really transform our TEAM into contenders.

It will be a sad day when he leaves (and ill be drowning my sorrows like the rest of ya) , but it maybe a so called blessing in disguise.....

Sums it up for me really. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Final bow for Dimitar   Final bow for Dimitar EmptyTue May 06 2008, 11:26

On the basis that I have long assumed that Berba will leave at the end of season, I think we must not sell him lightly. We must use him as a bait to exchange quality players with the buying club. There is no use for us selling him for 30 million and not being able to attract the top players to come.

If Barcelona wants to buy him, we will have Etoo (or Dos Santos + Marquez).

If Real Madrid wants to buy him, we will have Robinho (or Higuain + Guti + Saviola)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final bow for Dimitar   Final bow for Dimitar Empty

Back to top Go down

Final bow for Dimitar
Page 1 of 1