Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer

Go down 
+2
Enter The Pitbull
Janek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer Empty
PostSubject: Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer   Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer EmptyTue Oct 16 2007, 18:53

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=487845&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow

"Both clubs may discussed without finding an agreement," he told French newspaper L'Equipe. It would have been a massive opportunity, but life goes on."
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer   Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer EmptyTue Oct 16 2007, 18:57

early last year I was in the UK watching an episode of MTV cribs (!) when he was at Wigan... he said "I wish to move to a big club like Arsenal or Chelsea, so I can be closer to Paris". Eventually of course he chose us... or rather we may have been the only ones to choose him.
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer   Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer EmptyTue Oct 16 2007, 19:35

Enter The Pitbull wrote:
early last year I was in the UK watching an episode of MTV cribs (!) when he was at Wigan... he said "I wish to move to a big club like Arsenal or Chelsea, so I can be closer to Paris". Eventually of course he chose us... or rather we may have been the only ones to choose him.

They make me laugh these footballers, they earn fuckin thousands a week in a relatively short career and mank on about how they want to be nearer home, for fuck's sake Wigan ain't that far north, and not far from Manchester/Liverpool airports et al. Why can't they be fuckin honest, it should have read "I want to move to a bigger club like Arsenal or Chelsea because they will pay me a shitload more"

Tosser, and at the moment he's playing like one. Wish he had gone now.
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer   Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer EmptyTue Oct 16 2007, 19:48

hongkongyid wrote:
Enter The Pitbull wrote:

They make me laugh these footballers, they earn fuckin thousands a week in a relatively short career and mank on about how they want to be nearer home, for fuck's sake Wigan ain't that far north, and not far from Manchester/Liverpool airports et al. Why can't they be fuckin honest, it should have read "I want to move to a bigger club like Arsenal or Chelsea because they will pay me a shitload more"

Tosser, and at the moment he's playing like one. Wish he had gone now.

actually that particular episode came from his duplex penthouse in Manchester, so he was not even living in Wigan itself.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer   Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer EmptyTue Oct 16 2007, 19:57

I think the worst one for that was Joey Beauchamp. Moved from Oxford to West Ham in the mid-1990s but said it was too far from home and so then moved to Swindon within a couple of months.

Madness! Although I suppose we're all biased cos we've moved 6000 miles from home, mainly for work reasons.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer   Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer EmptyTue Oct 16 2007, 20:00

Talking of footballers cribs, I only ever saw one episode which was Luis Boa Morte, when he was at Fulham. I think he was taking the p*ss and using a youth team player's house cos the house was pretty small, he didn't know how to open the cupboards or where the fridge was, he drove a Peugeot or something similar, he only owned one suit which the club had given him, said he'd only been in the garden 3 times in 1 year and when asked what he did after training, just replied "watch films and sleep".

get out there and spend your goddamn money you death snake!
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer   Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer EmptyTue Oct 16 2007, 20:16

Wankers, the lot of them!
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer   Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer EmptyTue Oct 16 2007, 21:44

Hold on a minute.

Chimbo's got every right to get himself a "fair open market" wage. Suppose you're in his shoes and getting paid 120k a month (-50% tax), where as Ashely "the fucking cheat" Cole, for example, is on 360, surely you'd ask yourself ... WTF ?

Not saying I'd ask my employer for 360, but I would not be too umcomfortable ask for a pay rise to 200, ? Of you can mitigage by adding conditions such as qualification to Champions League in 08, or no pay rise starting the following season.

I mean, they PERFOM similarly for their respective clubs. He'll be 30 years old soon and his income-earing days will be over in the next 5 years, max. If Kemsley and Barber are allowed to rape and extort the long suffering ordinary Spurs fan, I reckon its the players themselves, those who deliver week in and week out for our entertainment, who deserve a fairer proportion of the wealth created in this now, commercially mad game of football ? (which let's not forget is mostly paid for by HUGE TV broadcasting contracts)

If presented with the right opportunity, and I felt I had delievered for my employers and of course, taking into consideration the market conditions and trends, then hell I'd be stupid not to ask for a "fair and reasonable" commensuration in return.

study
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer   Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer EmptyTue Oct 16 2007, 23:28

Hairy wrote:
Hold on a minute.

Chimbo's got every right to get himself a "fair open market" wage. Suppose you're in his shoes and getting paid 120k a month (-50% tax), where as Ashely "the fucking cheat" Cole, for example, is on 360, surely you'd ask yourself ... WTF ?

Not saying I'd ask my employer for 360, but I would not be too umcomfortable ask for a pay rise to 200, ? Of you can mitigage by adding conditions such as qualification to Champions League in 08, or no pay rise starting the following season.

I mean, they PERFOM similarly for their respective clubs. He'll be 30 years old soon and his income-earing days will be over in the next 5 years, max. If Kemsley and Barber are allowed to rape and extort the long suffering ordinary Spurs fan, I reckon its the players themselves, those who deliver week in and week out for our entertainment, who deserve a fairer proportion of the wealth created in this now, commercially mad game of football ? (which let's not forget is mostly paid for by HUGE TV broadcasting contracts)

If presented with the right opportunity, and I felt I had delievered for my employers and of course, taking into consideration the market conditions and trends, then hell I'd be stupid not to ask for a "fair and reasonable" commensuration in return.

study

I don't begrudge them the money (as long as they put the effort in!!) they earn, it just pisses me off when they think that all football supporters are as thick as they are. None of them are honest, if you were offered more money in another company I bet you would tell your mates that you moved because, yes the new job is a lot better, but also you were getting paid a shitload more cash. I know I've done it.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer   Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer EmptyTue Oct 16 2007, 23:48

Last Saturday I found myself rather unmoved with England win against Estonia but hugely proud of our rugby players. Footballers have a right to earn whatever they can get. However, sport is unlike most other businesses. It generates money from supporters blind loyalty. In return we expect blood, sweat, commitment and appreciation of our support which drives their high wages.

Sadly, footballers aren't the brightest sparkes on the planet and don't articulate or display their gratitude like other sportsmen. They come across as spoilt brats....blokes you'd probably distance yourself from if you walked into the same pub. In Paris we saw a bunch of players motivated not so much by money but a desire to succeed. Last I time I saw an English football team do something similar was Euro 96.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer   Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer Empty

Back to top Go down

Chimbonda on Chelsea move in the summer
Page 1 of 1