Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH

Go down 
+12
ezza
Number 10
Janek
spur'don
Bennycat
GDG
spurs4ever
kevinyip714
James
hongkongyid
Tottingham
Daniel
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH Empty
PostSubject: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 00:53

Aarrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 01:01

should have stayed in bali as I couldn't get the football there... my holiday is well and truly over!!
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 01:06

good to be back eh? Sad
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 01:07

GET ALLEN OUT NOW!!! HE CANNOT TAKE US ANY FURTHUR, 90 MINUTES HE'S HAD IN CHARGE. AS FOR RAMOS, THE FIRST THING HE WANTS TO DO IS TELL OUR FUCKIN PLAYERS THE GAME IS NOT OVER UNTIL THE REF BLOWS HIS WHISTLE, AND TO CLOSE THE OPPOSITION DOWN IN AND AROUND THE FUCKIN BOX.

ANNOYED OF CLEARWATER BAY.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 01:27

Tottingham wrote:
should have stayed in bali as I couldn't get the football there... my holiday is well and truly over!!

but you didn't make it to Delaney's?
Back to top Go down
kevinyip714
David Tuttle
David Tuttle

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 02:23

I really think we showed good sign of bouncing back tonite, despite of the awful display of Hudd and Dawson.

At least we sticked together to fight for something.

I really proud of the team. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
spurs4ever
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 03:50

Didn't watch the match because of work but saw the highlights. Another goal gifted to opponents in the dying seconds -- when will the defenders will learn?
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 08:14

5 hours sleep and another shitty Monday at work, I can foresee a lot of these this season.
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 08:42

James wrote:
Tottingham wrote:

delayed getting back and got home just as the game kicked off... watched it on the web instead. I wanna go back

No No No !
Back to top Go down
Bennycat
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Bennycat

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 09:27

I stayed at home with a bawling youngster, I think I chose the right option. When's our first proper league game with Ramos in charge? Will it be a saturday night? Fuck me, this season looks depressing...
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 10:01

James wrote:
Tottingham wrote:

How many went last night ?
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 10:14

I thought we were bloody unlucky. Cerny didn't really have a save to make, while Friedel made excellent saves from Lennon, Keane, Berba and Lee. However, the wind came out of our sails when they equalised and we didn't really press after that. Very unfortunate to concede in the last minute, the key for me was Dawson and Chimbo being beaten at the back post (again!) by Pederesen in the air.

I thought Berba was poor yday. He really shd've scored the header in the 2nd half, kept getting caught offside and didn't get involved in the build-up play. Also thought Hudd's passing was awry and he looked like he was running through treacle while I don't think any of Kaboul's long passes reached a white shirt.

On the positive side, we created a lot of chances and I thought Malbranque and Zokora had good games. Lennon also seems to be inching back to form, although his delivery was poor.

Our next 4 games before the international break are:

Blackpool (h)
Boro (a)
Hapoel Tel Aviv (a)
Wigan (h)

All winnable in my opinion. If Ramos gets the boys going and remains unbeaten in the next 4 games, he then has 2 weeks in the intl break to install his ideas. I think we've hit bottom yday and, as GDG is fond of saying, the only way is up!

PS I also watched the 2nd half of the Scouse v goons games and the goons were incredible. Shd've on the game 3-1 as hiot the post and missed two absolute sitters. They are flying.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 10:17

Huddlestone was diabolical. Almost every pass he attempted was gifting possession to Blackburn. Even the speculative attempts relying on a run were so badly overhit.

Plus points? Keane and Berba both showed signs of causing damage (though they rarely got the ball). Lennon showed glimpses of what he can do when he gets up a head of steam (though his final ball was constantly poor)
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 10:20

I thought Huddlestone played well especially in the first half. Of course he had wayward passes as is his norm but he showed signs of his potential last night. I believe in Hudd.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 10:29

'had his wayward passes'? they were almost all wayward.
We know he has potential, but that performance fulfilled none of it.
Sorry Dan. Totally disagree with you on this one.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 11:06

must have been watching different games then.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 11:19

IMO, Hudd's performance was poor. Not so much his poor pass completion, but his inability to move his considerable fat arse to track back when he loses the ball and his inability to move the same fat arse for a return pass. The term "give and go" seems to be lost on him. There are light years between the way Arsenal play and our style of play in midfield. I'm sorry to say that Arsenal's is a classic, very simple, very effective "push and run" strategy. Ours is an ugly, highly unsuccessful "hoof and hope".

Hudd should be the first out the door. Quickly followed by Bent, Zokora, Robbo, Chimbo, Lee, Stalteri, JJ and Gardner.

We have a mountain to climb to avoid the big R
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 11:30

Normally I am a Hudd supporter, but last night he was very poor. Tried to make killer passes with every touch he made. On last night's showing, Ramos wouldn't have picked him in his team, but Hudd is still young and a good prospect. On his day, his passing can be superb and he got a mean shot on him too.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 11:32

its madness. Lee? Quality player and played well yesterday. Bent was scorchio at Charlton and Robbo is Englands number one for a reason. Hudd has massive potential (this time last year we were comparing him to Glenda remember).

It's madness to point the finger at the players and demand to get rid. How many other managers come in and buy a whole new squad? Hughes (yes him again) turned a dying Blackburn into a fighting machine with the same players Souness tottaly ruined. Ramos is able to do the same I hope. We buy and sell players for fun at Spurs and Ramos has more than enough talent there to get top 4 if he is as good as they say. We all agreed at the start of the season that on paper would could crack top four and I still think we can with these players. Selling and pointing fingers at players is knee jerk. What we need is coach not a fire sale. It's bollocks to bring in new players. We are good enough but it resides with Ramos the Genius.
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 11:34

I'm with Daniel on this one... though there were a lot of missed passes, he is always looking for the killer pass to unlock the defense. Some of his balls through were sublime, and if chances are created which we score from - then he is a game changer imo and worthy of his spot. He uses his strength well in midfield challenges and seems to take the ball off the opposition at times without even making a tackle. Admittedly his pace is a concern, especially against a tricky speedster and one thing he does need to cut out is his shooting. The goal vs Man City last year is probably the worst thing for him as he knows he can score (or at least he thinks so) and is looking to replicate it several times during the game. Zokora on the other hand knows full well that he can't score and no longer wastes possession. I'm happy for Hudd to attempt to set up the attackers with the killer pass and be off the mark 9/10 times, but leave out the shooting mate, that is just gifting the ball to opposition.

We have the skills as a team, just lacking the confidence... how we lost that game after the way we played for the first hour, I don't know? But once Benni's goal fluked in, that was is... the confidence disappeared, the crowd went silent and the inevitable happened. This Ramos guy better be able to explain what confidence is to the boys - but doubt he'll even be able to pronounce the bloody word.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 11:36

Daniel wrote:
Robbo is Englands number one for a reason.

The reason being the paucity of other options, not outstanding ability.

I agree with the majority online today. Huddlestone was very poor as was Dawson and Berbs.

I thought Lee had a good game, and Lennon looks like he IS getting back into form...yes his crosses were abysmal but his running was a joy to watch. At least seemed to give us some impetus and at least an outlet.

Defoe only getting 2 minutes at the end was ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 11:38

I agree with Janek. Last night we were unlucky. Played well until the 1-1 equaliser. Should wrap up the game if one of Lee's, Berbs' or Steed's shots went in. Friedel was playing a blinder. I also notice Berbs has an improved attitude at being subbed. Everyone has to earn's their places under Ramos now.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 12:30

The great thing about football is that two people can have vastly different opinions from watching the same game from the same vantage point.

I'm normally a huge fan of the Hudd. His passing is sublime, he has feet like hands in that he can put it wherever he wants and he is built like a brick shithouse. However, yesterday his passing was badly off, especially in the 2nd half. He was guilt, as were others, of just lifting the ball in the air towards our attack and all those balls were of course gobbled up by Samba. The Hudd can look as immobile as a totem pole in the middle of the park and I'd like him to drop 5 or 10 yards in his positionining so that he shields the back four, rather than huffing and puffing on his way to forlornly chase oppposition midfielders running at our defence.

I wonder if Ramos will play Kaboul in midfield when Ledley gets back? Alternatively, how about giving Malbranque a chance in the middle, as he is a very busy player, makes lots of tackles and can be a bit more creative. It will be interesting to see what he does.

I think Ramos will work out quickly that the defence is shite without Ledley and therefore the only thing to do is to out-score opponents by going for the jugular for 90 minutes. I fully expect us to do that at Boro next week and beat them. One thing for sure is he certainly won't play four central midfielders across the middle of the park and hope for a draw or a sneaky 1-0 win, which was Jol's consistent tactic away from home.
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 13:01

Agree with Janek.

I'm also a fan of Hudd.

But yesterday, he was just awful. Slight movement and never came deep to get the ball.
Was standing in front of the opponents everytime

We've got width yesterday but the pair of MC did nearly nth beside a nice direct pass from Zokora to Keane in the 2nd half.

The second goal from Blkburn is ridiculous
Only 3 Blkburn players in the 6 yards box
We've got 7 in the penalty area but were all stepping back and those Rovers who standed outside the P.A were totally unmarked and wide open

Track back to last season the game away to Blkburn. 1-1
The goal how we conceded in tht game was just totally the same as yesterday night
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 22:33

Agree with Janek and Linesmann.

dont get me wrong (Dan n Paul). I rate Hudd, but he played poorly yesterday. I picked on his wasting posession, but his immobility is a real issue especially when he was often caught a few yards too high up the pitch to close the gap between midfield and defence.

As alluded above, I think the best option on this season's form is Steed in midfield. He is fairly pacy, our most creative midfielder, and will still tackle more than anyone else in midfield, except Zok (who just edges into the other CM spot on present squad form), IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH Empty

Back to top Go down

ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Spurs In Hong Kong :: Spurs In Hong Kong-
Jump to: