Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH

Go down 
+12
ezza
Number 10
Janek
spur'don
Bennycat
GDG
spurs4ever
kevinyip714
James
hongkongyid
Tottingham
Daniel
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 23:39

Huddlestone is overrated and I'd be amazed if he has it in him to step up a grade. At best, he is a squad player for a team pushing a UEFA cup spot, but no-where near good enough for a side habouring ambitions of a top four spot.

Still, he was relatively cheap and who know, we could make a few bucks if we manage to con a mid table side into believing he's a useful addition.

If anyone seriously believes a central midfield containing Huddlestone is going to bring about a revival I suggest you see the quack Dr.

Ramos is no fool. Huddlestone to be an early casualty.
Back to top Go down
bad_baz
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
bad_baz

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 09:33

spur'don wrote:
Huddlestone is overrated and I'd be amazed if he has it in him to step up a grade. At best, he is a squad player for a team pushing a UEFA cup spot, but no-where near good enough for a side habouring ambitions of a top four spot.

As has been said many times before, how many of our players would make it into the top four teams? Probably 3 or 4 at most.........
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 10:07

spur'don wrote:

Still, he was relatively cheap and who know, we could make a few bucks if we manage to con a mid table side into believing he's a useful addition.

If anyone seriously believes a central midfield containing Huddlestone is going to bring about a revival I suggest you see the quack Dr.

Ramos is no fool. Huddlestone to be an early casualty.

From all I've read, Ramos likes his midfieldsers to be mobile and Hudd is basically the opposite, cos he is such a big fella. I wonder if Ramos might turn him back into a defender, which is what the Hudd was at Derby?
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 10:22

As a defender you also need speed. Hudd's no defender. At best an average midfielder. Gifted with his long range passing but seriously lacking in other departments. Sad as I thought he had potential. Off to Fulham next summer.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 11:10

this is why you lot will never be football managers. The boy has so much talent and only a few of us can see it. Shame on you. SHAME ON YOU ALL.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 11:34

Daniel wrote:
this is why you lot will never be football managers. The boy has so much talent and only a few of us can see it. Shame on you. SHAME ON YOU ALL.

Doesn't matter if you've got Pele's skill if you've got the turning circle of a North Sea tanker and you've got two speed gears: standing still and walking through treacle.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 11:48

Daniel wrote:
Hudd's the type of player you won't see at Arsenal or ManU though, Daniel - he has skill, but he's not a natural athlete. To be a top player these days you need both and he's missing half the package, hence he's playing for us and will likely end up being shipped out in the next year or two if we genuinely want to progress.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 11:50

Janek wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Doesn't matter if you've got Pele's skill if you've got the turning circle of a North Sea tanker and you've got two speed gears: standing still and walking through treacle.

so all CM's have to run fast then? Le Tiss and Gazza? Not exactly Linford Christie were they?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 11:55

GDG wrote:
Hudd's the type of player you won't see at Arsenal or ManU though, Daniel - he has skill, but he's not a natural athlete. To be a top player these days you need both and he's missing half the package, hence he's playing for us and will likely end up being shipped out in the next year or two if we genuinely want to progress.

Carrick wasn't a player you would have seen at Man U or Arsenal ( I know they were sniffing around but were not prepared to put their money where their mouths were) but with good coaching, as was all the rage at WHL during those heady days, Carrick turned into a brilliant player. Then they start sniffing around. I agree that Hudd will only have a season or less to prove his worth but Ramos, if he has the nouce and energy, has a top four player on his hands. Get the boy fit, give him some confidence and coaching and he could be the answer to our midfield woes. Jenas runs around a lot. I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 12:10

Carrick is in a different class to Huddlestone.....and even he doesn't feature week in, week out at Man Utd.

When Huddlestone is sold in the summer it won't be to Man Utd.....or Liverpool.....or even Everton, Man City. Someone like Bolton or Fulham will go after him and end up playing him just 50% of the time.

He didn't cost much and I agree with the policy of throwing the net out wide. Worked with Lennon and Dawson, failed with Reid, Routledge, Huddlestone etc.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 12:21

Daniel wrote:
Janek wrote:
Daniel wrote:

so all CM's have to run fast then? Le Tiss and Gazza? Not exactly Linford Christie were they?

Le Tiss was a forward player and Gazza was a superb athlete in his prime.

Maybe Ramos will sort out the Hudd, get rid of some of his bulk and make him more mobile. If not, I fear that for all the silky skills he'll be gone.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 13:29

Interesting you mention Le Tiss.

A couple of weeks ago he actually said during an interview on BBC he would have struggled with today's pace and fitness level.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 13:40

spur'don wrote:
Interesting you mention Le Tiss.

A couple of weeks ago he actually said during an interview on BBC he would have struggled with today's pace and fitness level.

It's all relative. I bet Rooney will say the same ten years after he has retired. Doesn't disprove my point
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 13:42

Janek wrote:

Le Tiss was a forward player and Gazza was a superb athlete in his prime.

Maybe Ramos will sort out the Hudd, get rid of some of his bulk and make him more mobile. If not, I fear that for all the silky skills he'll be gone.

Thats the caviat to all of this. He hasn't got it now but it's there buried deep inside that frame. If Ramos can pull it out we've one hell of a player.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 13:48

Quote :
Carrick is in a different class to Huddlestone.....and even he doesn't feature week in, week out at Man Utd.

Because he has been injured a lot of the time. Manchester United supporters are full of praise.

Quote :
When Huddlestone is sold in the summer it won't be to Man Utd.....or Liverpool.....or even Everton, Man City. Someone like Bolton or Fulham will go after him and end up playing him just 50% of the time.

Blimey Mystic Meg...that's one scenario of course but not sure what relevance that has to my argment tbh

Quote :
He didn't cost much and I agree with the policy of throwing the net out wide. Worked with Lennon and Dawson, failed with Reid, Routledge, Huddlestone etc.

You assume he hasn't worked. He was working last season so what has changed. Has he developed an illness or is it the general feeling of apathy around the team? The latter I would venture and if that is removed we can go back to calling him the New Ghod. Spurs fans are fickle but I'm not going to write him off just yet.
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 14:17

I think he found himself in trouble when playing aginst teams who like closing down their opponents such as Blkburn , Everton , Pompey.

Against Derby the Rams didn't dare to push up and pressuring us.
Leaving us so much space and we dominated the Midfield.
Hudd played fairly well in tht game.

Tht's he weakness.

Just like Carragher figure out wht he hv to do with the paceless Sami Hyypia when facing a team with speedy attacker.

Sometimes problem could not be solve personally but opposite

On the other hand Scum and Man U shown us how important the team movement is , especially for a team playing with passing football.

Wht we're failling to do with.
I'm not talking about an individual but it's a team problem

Once Juande Ramos sort this out . We will totally become another team
And Hudd will be the one who most benefited from it
Becoz he dare to pass
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 14:44

I'm not fickle about Huddlestone. I've said he was not up to the job from day one. You only have to look at him to see he won't join the elite.

If Ramos does manage to work a miracle it will just go to show how poor Jol was. Aside from Carrick, did Jol take any player forward in their development. Some might say Lennon but I say he went backwards.

Ah well, time will tell but I suspect Ramos will play KPB ahead of Huddlestone.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 14:52

I agree time will tell and I also agree that Jol failed to improve many players. At this stage there is no way one of us can disprove the other wrong until Ramos has weaved his el magico. Give it until the end of the season (or Christmas if Ramos sees him as a lost cause)
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 14:55

Daniel - are you related to Tom Huddlestone at all?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 15:11

yes, we are brothers
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 15:19

So if you're brothers, why's Tom worse than you at football? What happened there?
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 15:32

ezza wrote:
So if you're brothers, why's Tom worse than you at football? What happened there?

Laughing Could see that one coming a mile off but nevertheless still had me chuckling in the office.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 15:49

it was a trade off. He got the hair.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 17:51

If you'd seen Daniel gliding effortlesly round the pitch in DB last night, nicking the ball off people's toe and spraying the ball around the park, you'd know for sure he's a diamond in the rough, Thudd's not a patch on him.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 18:03

you mean headless chicken style tackles followed by a panicked punt up the pitch to the oppo surely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH   ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ARRRGGRGRGRGRRRRHHH
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Spurs In Hong Kong :: Spurs In Hong Kong-
Jump to: