Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

If we lose against Boro

Go down 
+7
DannyBoy
Number 10
hongkongyid
ezza
GDG
James
Daniel
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

If we lose against Boro Empty
PostSubject: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 01:10

we are in a relegation dog fight for the rest of the season.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 01:25

not unlike Leeds in that season...
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 01:41

plus all in white the same as Leeds. I can't sleep. This is not looking good
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 08:12

As I said elsewhere, you can see the confidence disappear the moment we concede a goal and they fully expect to concede more. Ramos has to get inside their heads and change that mindset very quickly or it's going to be a long, miserable season.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 09:02

It's already a long miserable season. We're already in a relegation dog fight. Things are gonna get worse before they get better.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 09:45

good time to bring in a non-English speaking manager that has to adapt to the Premiership. COYS!
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 09:58

Yep, we looked piss poor once they equalised, the last minute goal thing is really fcukin me off. Bloody long weekend at work, the little yid is not well at all, and too make matters worse I watched the fist 25 minutes of the 2nd half of the Goon/Scouse game, and as much as I hate to say it, the Scum looked very very good.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 10:15

I thought we played well in patches and I can see the green shots of recovery BUT it depends if Ramos can get the recovery underway quick enough. I thought the way we played yesterday was one of our better perfomrances. I thought the Hudd had flashes of brilliance and if he can be coached then we have another Gazza/Hodd on our hands. I thought Steed also had a good game. Lee was great also and slomst scored. It's our mentality that is the problem which is what Ramos needs to speak to our players about (via a translator of course)
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 10:28

Daniel wrote:
I thought we played well in patches and I can see the green shots of recovery BUT it depends if Ramos can get the recovery underway quick enough. I thought the way we played yesterday was one of our better perfomrances. I thought the Hudd had flashes of brilliance and if he can be coached then we have another Gazza/Hodd on our hands. I thought Steed also had a good game. Lee was great also and slomst scored. It's our mentality that is the problem which is what Ramos needs to speak to our players about (via a translator of course)

Huddlestone was woeful yesterday. His pass completion was laughable.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 11:09

in your opinion
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 11:27

In my opinion too. I cannot see any green shoots of recovery. No matter how many chances or pretty patterns we create going forward, we are grotesque at the back. And it is the defense that will continue losing us games. Out alternatives for the next 8 weeks are: King (will play a dozen games all season if we're lucky); Mudslide Rocha (injured for another 6 weeks); The Inconsistent Gardner (enough said); Stalteri (probably worth another punt instead of Chimbo who can't defend and obviously gets in Lennon's way - talk about cramping his style!); Bale (please, please, please come back soon); BEA (who cares, he's average and won't make an ounce of difference to our defensive strength).

So no, we ain't getting any better. The only hope is that our strikers get the their scoring boots on - BIG TIME
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 12:19

I'm also worried about the defence as Chimbo (on the attack he's fine) and Daws really are having problems.

The biggest problem is all mental though. The team lack confidence and concentration, if they can get there heads sorted out (is Ramos a psychologist?) that'll go a long way...
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 12:23

Boys, if we BEAT Boro we'll be in mid-table and then the ONLY WAY IS UP!

Where is Hairy when you need a bit of optimism about the place?
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 14:16

Hudd - slow, lumbering and pretty useless. What do people see in him? Can't pass, can't shoot, can't tackle and certainly can't run.

The whole team looks shite and last night was woeful. No green shoots of optimism for me either. When Blackburn got their freekick in the 92nd minute I got up ready to leave. The outcome was never in doubt.

Oh and 16 million for Bent - if Comolli sanctioned that then he has to go.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 14:29

Agreed. Whoever sanctioned 16m big ones on an England B international who's club just got relegated, has to go. No questions asked. But I guess we'll never find out who it was. No one will ever admit to it. Sheer lunacy.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 22:16

Daniel wrote:
in your opinion

No. Fact (as you would say Very Happy )

Its fact that he constantly squandered possession. It's my opinion that this plays a significant part in making a midfielder's performance woeful.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 22:23

Though i do disagree with ezza and ozza on the lack of green shoots.

Berba and Keane looked good when they got the ball. Steed played ok, and Lennon started to show signs of a return to form and fitness in glimpses.

The back is a mess and it's a shame Rocha is out as he should be in the team ahead of Daws and Kaboul just for a bit of experience and no nonsense defending. Chimbonda played ok against Blackburn but overall has been poor this season, outshited only by Dawson, and Salty needs a recall. If we can get Ledders back in the next few weeks and then get in a solid experienced CB pro at Christmas, we may be ok.

All fit?

Cerny
Salty King Rocha Lee
Lennon Zokora Malbranque GTBTGB
Keane Berba
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyMon Oct 29 2007, 23:28

It wouldn't surprise me to see KPB get into the side esp considering it was Seville who were chasing his signature.
Back to top Go down
thfc1882
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
thfc1882

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 18:56

1981, 1984, 1991, 1999 ... We were not doing well in the League in the years we won a cup (except 1982).

So this is the year for European glory.

Juande Ramos' Blue N White Army !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.spurs.hk
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 20:59

thfc1882 wrote:
1981, 1984, 1991, 1999 ... We were not doing well in the League in the years we won a cup (except 1982).

So this is the year for European glory.

Juande Ramos' Blue N White Army !!!

I'm liking the optimistim there, Hung. COManchester here we come!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If we lose against Boro   If we lose against Boro Empty

Back to top Go down

If we lose against Boro
Page 1 of 1