Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words

Go down 
+6
Janek
spur'don
Number 10
bad_baz
twiglet
ezza
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words Empty
PostSubject: Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words   Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 12:23

"For Fuck's Sake Tottenham!"

Only joking......here's what he said....http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=62658
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words   Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 12:53

I've copy and pasted as its not a direct link :

Tottenham goalkeeper Radek Cerny has revealed what Juande Ramos' first words were to his players after their defeat at home to Blackburn Rovers.
Cerny said: "Ramos went around the room and said 'Come on guys, heads up. You have to play for not 60 or 70 minutes but 90 minutes'."

Cerny reckons there is no need for wholesale changes.

He added: "We just need a little bit of luck, maybe a little better organisation."

I wonder if he said it in English or Espanol? If it was in English then obviously the reports are wrong about his command of the language
Back to top Go down
bad_baz
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
bad_baz

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words   Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 18:37

The problem is they play for 90 minutes then stop playing, conceding goals in stoppage time. Perhaps he should suggest they play until the whistle blows......
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words   Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words EmptyTue Oct 30 2007, 21:41

I assume this was said in English. Poyet wasn't there yet, no sign of Alvarez (is he an English speaker?). And I can't think of any Spanish speakers amongst our players.

Also, the training pics on the official site clearly show him talking with Zokora and Chimbo while jogging, and without Poyet.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words   Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 10:12

Number 10 wrote:
I assume this was said in English. Poyet wasn't there yet, no sign of Alvarez (is he an English speaker?). And I can't think of any Spanish speakers amongst our players.

Also, the training pics on the official site clearly show him talking with Zokora and Chimbo while jogging, and without Poyet.

Does he speak French ? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words   Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 10:43

From what I've read:

Alvarez speaks good English as he studied it an uni.

Poyet speaks good English as he lived here for 8 years.

Ramos speaks decent English, communicates with the players in English, but sensibly uses a translator with the press so that they don't twist his words or lead him into a muddle.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words   Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 10:50

I heard Gus on the news yesterday and not only does he speak the Queen's English but he also has that lovely turn of phrase that all overseas players aquire when they are surrounded by footballers each and every day. Words and phrases like gaffer, give it 100%, take each game as it comes etc but with a South American twang.

Poyet is football.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words   Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 10:56

Ramos told the press that everything he said to the team were in English
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words   Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 13:40

Gus indeed is fluent. By the way, his kids used to attend my uncle's school (near Maidenhead), though I assume they moved once he went to the Dirty Lids.
I'll ask him if he's reenrolled them there.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words   Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words EmptyFri Nov 02 2007, 17:42

Janek wrote:
From what I've read:

Alvarez speaks good English as he studied it an uni.

Poyet speaks good English as he lived here for 8 years.

Ramos speaks decent English, communicates with the players in English, but sensibly uses a translator with the press so that they don't twist his words or lead him into a muddle.

Alvarez gave a good account of himself (in English on THTV) recently... only 3.99 a month guys Cool
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words   Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words EmptyFri Nov 02 2007, 17:52

Hairy wrote:

Alvarez gave a good account of himself (in English on THTV) recently... only 3.99 a month guys Cool

You don't work for THTV do you hairy?

I suppose its pointless asking if you'll be available for selection on sunday right? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words   Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words EmptyFri Nov 02 2007, 18:49

DannyBoy wrote:
Hairy wrote:

You don't work for THTV do you hairy?

I suppose its pointless asking if you'll be available for selection on sunday right? Laughing

Si !

Spanish classes for only HK$10,000 an hour though ... Wink
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words   Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words EmptyFri Nov 02 2007, 19:33

Hairy wrote:

Si !

Spanish classes for only HK$10,000 an hour though ... Wink

Carisimo! Shocked

Me das descuento?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words   Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words Empty

Back to top Go down

Tottenham's Cerny reveals Ramos first words
Page 1 of 1