Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Anderlecht v Aalborg

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Anderlecht v Aalborg Empty
PostSubject: Anderlecht v Aalborg   Anderlecht v Aalborg EmptyFri Nov 09 2007, 10:31

Aalborg held Anderlecht to a 1 - 1 draw. A very good result for us and goes to prove that we shouldn't write off Aalborg. This group is likely to go down to the wire and our last game against Anderlecht could be crucial. Hopefully by then our team spirit will be back, the players will be fitter and the Incredible Sulk will have stopped sulking.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Anderlecht v Aalborg   Anderlecht v Aalborg EmptyFri Nov 09 2007, 12:29

ozspur wrote:
Aalborg held Anderlecht to a 1 - 1 draw. A very good result for us and goes to prove that we shouldn't write off Aalborg. This group is likely to go down to the wire and our last game against Anderlecht could be crucial. Hopefully by then our team spirit will be back, the players will be fitter and the Incredible Sulk will have stopped sulking.

Goal difference could be vital. We should have scored more than 2 yesterday.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Anderlecht v Aalborg   Anderlecht v Aalborg EmptyFri Nov 09 2007, 13:27

Is goal difference the first differentiating factor between two teams on equal points in this competition? I seem to remember last season the first factor was results between the two "equal" teams?
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Anderlecht v Aalborg   Anderlecht v Aalborg EmptyFri Nov 09 2007, 15:02

I don't see how we can't go through to the next round to be honest. With 3 teams going through in a group of 5, you only need 2 wins. We have already managed one and we should have no problem finishing off one of Anderlect or Aalborg. The question is whether we can top the group so that we can have an easier draw.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Anderlecht v Aalborg   Anderlecht v Aalborg EmptyFri Nov 09 2007, 15:58

James wrote:
I don't see how we can't go through to the next round to be honest. With 3 teams going through in a group of 5, you only need 2 wins. We have already managed one and we should have no problem finishing off one of Anderlect or Aalborg. The question is whether we can top the group so that we can have an easier draw.

I think that's the main issue - we need to top the group. That said, on current form I'm not sure beating Aalborg or Anderlecht is all that straightforward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderlecht v Aalborg   Anderlecht v Aalborg Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderlecht v Aalborg
Page 1 of 1