Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS

Go down 
+7
Hairy
ezza
Number 10
ozspur
GDG
James
DannyBoy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2007-06-06

OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS Empty
PostSubject: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 03:07

Here it is Lady and Gentleman, it’s the big one!

SpursinHong vs HKSpurs KO 9:30PM 23/6/07 at Happy Valley Pitch No 12.

This game has been eagerly anticipated by the entire (probably) community of spurs fan in Hong Kong and it is surely an event that shall go down in the annals of Hong Kong Tottenham Hotspur History.

To give some background to this momentous occasion, a lot of this began with the excellent Football 7s weekend in Hong Kong, where for two days we brought a little bit of White Hart Lane to Happy Valley. Singing, drinking and watching spurs with fellow Yids a great time was had by all. So in keeping with this new found sense of community, we have decided to engage them in mortal combat on the football field. Naturally. Although of course once the final whistle blows (or after 30 minutes if Paul has his way) it’ll be off to Al’s Diner to celebrate the occasion and come victory or defeat, at the end of the day we’re all spurs fans after all. Now when we play the goon fans in a game that’s a different story.
So enough background lets run down the teams….

In Goal:

Hairy: Gibraltar’s Rock (I thank you) and Spurs In Hong Kong’s resident Don Juan
Every good team needs a good solid man between the nets, and a more solid chap one couldn’t wish to find in SIHK’s Number One. Allegedly combining the skills of Jennings, Clemence and Ian Walker. At this stage not sure on how much of which.

In Defence:

Ezza: Founding Father and Crunching Tackler
Self-described as having the the "tackiling" skills of Pat van den Hauwe, the "marking" skills of Claudio Gentile and the "fitness" of Matt Le Tissier. Gives a bit of crunch to the team and possibly the nominated “hardman”. Likely to form a Dawson-Kingesque partnership with the silky skills of team mate Sibierski, and very likely their understanding at the heart of defence will be a key facet in determining the result.

Sibierski (Daniel): Founding Father and Wigan Loanee
Whilst Sibierski is best known for being French and bald, he has graciously agreed to join SIHK on loan for the foreseeable future, well it was that or play with Titus Bramble at Wigan! Self-described as a mix of Dozzell and Saib. Which we will ignore because that is far too depressing a thought. So he has in fact the languid defensive skill and timing of Ledley King and the leadership qualities of Steve Perryman. There much better.

Danny Boy: The Baby of SIHK
Young, talented and good looking are normally terms applied to starlets of a team (see Ronaldo, Cristiano for further reference), unfortunately in DannyBoy’s case it is probably only the former that is true. DannyBoy completes the defence and is likely to look to push up to join the midfield to give extra width and even have a few cracks on goal. That’ll worry the denizens of Time Square then.

Midfield:
GDG: Player/Manager/Physio/Veteran
Probably the most experienced player on the team, as well as, along with one or two others, the one most prepared in terms regular playing time. Described alternatively as Phil Neville or Gazza, SIHK will be fervently hoping there is more of the latter than the former. Look for GDG to protect and provide cover for the inexperienced defence and keep the team generally ticking over.

Chris and Paul: Midfield Maestros
Somewhat unknown qualities in the SIHK team, it is likely they will take up midfield positions and look to create opportunities to the two more advanced players, and bomb forward on Didier Zokoraesque runs. Hopefully with a more refined end product. They along with GDG are some of the more experienced in terms of regular playing time, so its hoped that they will be able to successfully dovetail in attack and defence i.e. doing correctly what Lampard and Gerard for England fail to do.

James: Captain and the Man In-the-hole
The link-up man, if SIHK are to score he will be key. Connecting the midfield and the attack, keep an eye on James bringing others into play and having an eye for goal himself. If the ball comes near him in a decent shooting position expect a few spectacular efforts. Whether these go in or not is completely beside the point.

Striker:
James N17: Fox-In-The-Box
Also somewhat of an unknown quality, but it sure that if the service is good from midfield he will leap like a salmon and score like Rooney at a retirement home. Much rests on James N17 as the lone striker as he will need to hold up the ball to allow Chris, Paul and James to join the attack. How he matches up against the young defence of HK Spurs will prove a key contest.

Substitutes:

Spur’don: Edgar Davids
Due to his late inclusion to the team Spur’don will start on the bench, but considering the condition of not only the pitch and climate but more importantly the condition of quite a few of SIHK it is likely Spur’don will not be on the bench for long at all! There maybe an issue with his protective eyewear, which SIHK are hoping is satisfactorily resolved as his involvement will be very necessary. It has been stated that Paul will need to be substituted at least 5 minutes in to the game to restore his alcohol to blood ratio to satisfactory levels.

OzSpur: Super Sub
Super Sub Ozpur has declared his desire to come on near the end of proceedings to score the winner, preferably by tap-in, and earn glory for SIHK. Such nobility is to be admired and with the clock ticking down without question Ozpur will enter the field and score a double hatrick. At least.

With players of this caliber at SIHK how can we fail to win? A slow tempo game, controlled by GDG and James in midfield and attacking threat from James N17, Chris and Paul allied with a solid backline plus the secret weapon of Ozspur and Spur’don lead this previewer to conclude that SIHK will emerge triumphant!

Predicted Score: 7-4 to SIHK

Thanks for reading, sorry if parts were boring or just plain unfunny buts its 2am now, I didn’t get to spend as much time as I wanted on this but to ensure I could get it done for Saturday Morning had it to do it now. Anyway I’m goddamn tired off to bed. Hope you enjoyed it! Oh and

COYSIHK!!!!
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 03:45

lol! :bmj: albino cherry santa rendeer farao king drunken bom cheers Basketball sunny flower afro
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 03:49

Great stuff Dannyboy. Really impressive!

BTW, does anyone have contacts of Chris and James N17? Haven't seen them on the forum. Could someone please remind them of the match tmr?
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 09:37

I have N17's number and will call him this morning to remind him. We need him, he's the only one actively playing competitive football in the Yau Yee league, although from previous experience in Lamma he's more Steffen Freund than Gary Lineker when it comes to finishing. Laughing

Great job Dan, looking forward to tonight now, though given that it could be the hottest day of the year (as was yesterday) I foresee a few people fading rapidly in the opening minutes.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 10:20

Great preview, Dannyboy. Look forward to the postmatch report as well lol!
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 10:58

Hi Fellas!
Yep, I'm on here, jsut too busy to post as much as some of you! tongue but I've been lurking.
Looking forward to it this evening, and not feeling the pressure at all as the lone striker! pale
As GDG says, I play 'regular YauYee League' football, but just as often coming off the bench and have not been palying so regularly since the season finished!
Oh and cheers for the Freund comparison, you cheeky monkey! I'll go for the inconsistency of Ronnie Rosenthal and hope today is like the 6-3 cup win over Soton!
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 10:59

Top quality DannyBoy. It's had me chuckling all morning. Can't wait for tonight. Pre-match nerves have started already.

Anyone got spare shinpads?
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 11:04

Thanks DannyBoy... great testimony. I'm sure it will make history one day .... Laughing Laughing Laughing

and by the way...

.... flattery WILL get you everywhere and anything you want my son !

I've sent the link to my folks back home.... I'm sure they'll be plenty of laughter at home in Gib when they read that !

I'm looking forward to it more than ever now! Can't wait to see you all tonight.

COME ON YOU SPURS !!!
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 11:50

absolute quality Dan. Brilliant stuff. Looking forward to the report after the game.

For the record I'd like to add that I'am very glad to play for SiHK. Since I was a boy I've always supported SiHK and now it's a dream come true that I can. I've spoke to the gaffer and I can see the team is heading in the right direction and I want to be a part of that. There is a great squad at SiHK and I really believe that we can win something this season for the fans who are brilliant. I'd also like to thank my agent...
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 12:13

Daniel wrote:

For the record I'd like to add that I'am very glad to play for SiHK. Since I was a boy I've always supported SiHK and now it's a dream come true that I can. I've spoke to the gaffer and I can see the team is heading in the right direction and I want to be a part of that. There is a great squad at SiHK and I really believe that we can win something this season for the fans who are brilliant. I'd also like to thank my agent...

:bmj: "We are lucky to sign Daniel in this transfer window who will no doubt bolster our defence. We have been tracking Daniel for the past 3 seasons and he is a player I have always admired."
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 12:16

Chris is still missing! Can anyone contact him?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 12:24

I just called him but his answerphone is on. I assume he is coming - he normally shows if he says he will. V Elusive man that he is...
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 13:41

Leave him a message telling him we'll be sending Robbert Jol round to sort him out if he doesn't show - that should do it.
Back to top Go down
thfc1882
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
thfc1882

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 14:23

You guys are Tottenham, and you know nothing about us (Happy Valley). How could you come out a 7-4 conclusion? Remind you, Happy Valley beat Tottenham 3-2 in the Soccer 7 Tournament. hehehe ....

See you guys tonight... lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.spurs.hk
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 15:41

He's very confident, isn't he?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 15:50

very odd. Are they fielding a team of ringers? If so hardly a fair game is it? If this team played at the 7's then what is the point?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 15:54

thfc1882 wrote:
You guys are Tottenham, and you know nothing about us (Happy Valley). How could you come out a 7-4 conclusion? Remind you, Happy Valley beat Tottenham 3-2 in the Soccer 7 Tournament. hehehe ....

See you guys tonight... lol!

actually the ref won that tournament for the happy valley team. I thought they looked crap otherwise. How much did the ref cost?
Back to top Go down
thfc1882
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
thfc1882

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 15:55

GDG wrote:
He's very confident, isn't he?

No, i don't even know my team, to be honest, lol! so i won't predict the result, haha...

Frankly speaking, Happy Valley was the better side, in term of 7-a-side. They are used to the tactics of the game.

Last edited by on Sat Jun 23 2007, 15:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.spurs.hk
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 15:57

you guys are very odd I have to say.
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: The Big Match   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 16:18

Good luck to both teams tonight!

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 16:20

Cheers Stew. You coming down? OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS 60350
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 18:18

It would appear not.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 20:24

Sad
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS EmptySat Jun 23 2007, 20:32

No No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS   OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS Empty

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL MATCH PREVIEW SPURS IN HK VS HK SPURS
Page 1 of 1