Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Keane has a pop at Judas?

Go down 
+11
hongkongyid
Daniel
spur'don
twiglet
Barry Lineker
Craig
DannyBoy
Janek
Number 10
GDG
Bennycat
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bennycat
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Bennycat

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2007-07-31

Keane has a pop at Judas? Empty
PostSubject: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyThu Dec 20 2007, 18:44

from the BBC
'Tottenham striker Robbie Keane believes footballers should not be too sensitive over verbal abuse from fans.
Portsmouth's Sol Campbell called for the Football Association to act after claiming abuse has "got out of hand".

But Keane told BBC Radio 5 Live: "Verbal abuse - I've had it, but nothing that would make me go crazy.

"I don't know what has been said to Sol. It obviously must have been something that really upset him for him to ask the FA to intervene."'

Has he heard the chants?.......' Sol, Sol, wherever you maybe....'
Back to top Go down
Bennycat
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Bennycat

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyThu Dec 20 2007, 19:18

No replies? Why do I bother?
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyThu Dec 20 2007, 20:14

You're an impatient **** aren't you?
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyThu Dec 20 2007, 21:41

Nive one Keano! Put the f**king scummer in his place.

Can't condone sticks and stones, but Judas deserves every ounce of verbal abuse after his greedy, selfish, deceitful behaviour. The C**T!
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyThu Dec 20 2007, 21:53

Sol
Sol
Wherever you may be
You're on the verge of lunacy
And we don't give a f*ck if you're hanging from a tree
You Judas c*nt with H I V
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyThu Dec 20 2007, 23:04

Am I the only one who, despite everything, finds that too offensive? Just lacks class, something Leeds or Wham would sing.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyThu Dec 20 2007, 23:14

No, I'm with you on that one.

Never liked that song.
Back to top Go down
Craig
Admin
Craig

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyThu Dec 20 2007, 23:27

First time I've seen it and have to agree with Danny and Aaron. It's just too much.
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyFri Dec 21 2007, 09:28

Agree, agree!

We're sensitive souls us yiddoo's aren't we
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyFri Dec 21 2007, 10:00

I agree, it is very offensive, but I appreciate the creativity that went into it.

The worst one I saw was that "hey Sol Campbell, I wanna know why you're such a c*nt" when it was sung at Cardiff at the 2002 League Cup final. There was a mother and 10 year old son sitting near me and she was encouraging him to sing it, C word and all! Poor form.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyFri Dec 21 2007, 10:19

“I have an advantage in that I don’t understand what they are saying. It does not bother me in the slightest, anyway. It happens in all countries, not only in England. It is normal that supporters cheer for their team but throw insults at their opponents. As long as it does not involve violence, it is OK.” Juande Ramos
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyFri Dec 21 2007, 11:04

I should clarify my sticks and stones comment by saying that I also think the hanging song is too much.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyFri Dec 21 2007, 11:15

I take that part of the song as meaning that Sulzeer is such a lunatic that he will hang himself from a tree. I don't think it is meant that we are all supposed to lynch him and string him up ourselves.

But I take the point about it being very offensive. It was started a few times at WHL when I had a season ticket but never sung with gusto, because I think it is, as the English would put it, just a bit too much.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyFri Dec 21 2007, 15:23

Janek wrote:
but I appreciate the creativity that went into it..

Laughing

for what its worth - yes it is offensive - but isn't that why terrace culture is what it is? or what it was?

For me, many moons ago, singing these type of songs was what standing on the shelf and driving up and down the M1 was all about. All part of the package. Yes its offensive but I dont think it should be taken in its exact literal context.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyFri Dec 21 2007, 18:03

GDG wrote:
Am I the only one who, despite everything, finds that too offensive? Just lacks class, something Leeds or Wham would sing.

I don't find it offensive. What I do find offensive is the captain of Tottenham, loved and adored by so many fans, turning his back on the club after telling us he won't leave and joining our hated rivals, Arsenal. Hate the man. I'll be shouting abuse on saturday.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyFri Dec 21 2007, 21:03

twiglet wrote:

For me, many moons ago, singing these type of songs was what standing on the shelf and driving up and down the M1 was all about. All part of the package. Yes its offensive but I dont think it should be taken in its exact literal context.

You may be able to distinguish the difference, twiglet, but it still lacks class when people hear us sing it and I for one don't like being associated with crap like that.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptySat Dec 22 2007, 13:15

spur'don wrote:
the captain of Tottenham, loved and adored by so many fans, turning his back on the club after telling us he won't leave and joining our hated rivals, Arsenal. Hate the man. I'll be shouting abuse on saturday.

he doesn't play for them anymore, does he?
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptySat Dec 22 2007, 13:31

You have to make allowances, twiglet, he's getting on a bit and has more and more of these senior moments.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptySat Dec 22 2007, 16:45

GDG wrote:
You have to make allowances, twiglet, he's getting on a bit and has more and more of these senior moments.

just wanted to clarify - wanted to make sure it wasn't me having the senior moment geek
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptySat Dec 22 2007, 19:01

twiglet wrote:
spur'don wrote:
the captain of Tottenham, loved and adored by so many fans, turning his back on the club after telling us he won't leave and joining our hated rivals, Arsenal. Hate the man. I'll be shouting abuse on saturday.

he doesn't play for them anymore, does he?

Haha. I was discussing Sol Campbell with my father over a pub lunch yesterday when I suddenly thought, hang on, Sol's at Pompey - doh ! Will I be able to rush back in time to edit my post. Ah well.....
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyWed Jan 02 2008, 12:43

I have to say this is what terrace culture is all about. Yes it's nasty but it's very catchy and it only sticks in the mind because it is a good song and it encapsulates the anger and pure hatred we feel towards this cuntox of a man. The hanging reference is not lynching but a nod at his mental state and suicidal tendancies. Poor old Sol on his 60K a week at the vermin, how he suffers. All supporters have these very bitter and nasty songs that they direct at their rivals and I'm not sure where we get the idea that Spurs fans are gentlemen and we shouldn't think such nasty thoughts. FFS what are we supposed to do? Mexican waves and chants of Come on You Spurs all day? There needs to be light and shade lest all terrace culture is uterly destroyed and we sit in 60,000 camel domes eating a happy meal and going home with smiles on our faces despite the result.

Football is sometimes nasty and horrible and sometimes art and brilliance. We need the former to contrast with the latter.

Songs like this are born out of passion for a club not hate for hates sake as has been portrayed. If nasty words and name calling are too much then theres always Atletics (zzzzzzz) or the tennis (double zzzzzzzzz)

Yes the chant is below the belt but So was Judas. The upside to this is that when a player is good, and does the right thing natch, he is worshipped like a god. This is the nature of man and the nature of sport since the gladiators were killing each other in Rome. Lets not make football devoid of all passion and character just yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyWed Jan 02 2008, 14:08

I totally agree Dan. Well said.

The only thing i can not tolerate on the terrace is racism. I was sitting nearby to someone at the Reading game who actually shouted out at Lennon and Jenas about them being useless " half breed n****rs ". I turned to tell the idiot to shut it. The same bloke then when on to call Keane a useless Irish tosser before going on to sing the praises of Defoe !!!
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyWed Jan 02 2008, 14:36

Racism is not what the Judas chant is about. It's about the mental state of Judas and his prefered sexual orientation. Racism has no part in football, or life, but alas it exists in every society (not just black vs. white). It's up to the individual and where some may draw the line (singing about looney tunes Campbell hanging himself) others will go further. Most of us are clever enough to realise that racism is for the retatrded as it is born of ignorence and stupidity. Stabbing your fans and club in the back for money is derided because it a shit thing to do not because it is based on ignorence and stupidity. They are not the same thing.

Football attracts many characters that enjoy far right views but it also attracts people from all walks of life and as Spurs fans we cop more than our own share of racism with the jewish thing. It's up to the individual but my point is with this particular chant and how it is part and parcel of the culture of football. Is throwing racial abuse at black players part of that culture? Yes it is but it's dying fast and the Kick Out Racism campaign has worked wonders as it is based on educating fools. Unfortunately for our hero there are no Kick Out Judas Shitcunts campaigns being formulated by the FA . Until that day comes then poor old Judas will have to live by his decision and cop the flack...
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyWed Jan 02 2008, 16:04

Kick racism out has been a success. I think it's up to us to say something to those who continue to shout racial abuse. This guy was annoying - he was prattling on about organising a punch up in Prague. To make matters worse he was with his 4 yrs old lad.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? EmptyWed Jan 02 2008, 16:10

compared with most of Europe, UK football fans can be proud of ourselves when it comes to racism and the lack of it. The majority of the European football clubs are racist havens and indeed breeding grounds for this shite. I'm looking at you Italy and the Netherlands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keane has a pop at Judas?   Keane has a pop at Judas? Empty

Back to top Go down

Keane has a pop at Judas?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next